Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 7:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default FPS really high no matter what I do? (Already using 3booter, FPS Limiter, Nvidia inspector)
I use 3booter with FPS Limiter to launch my game (it goes through the launcher but I don't know how to turn that off since I have the Origin version) as well as using both the Nvidia graphics settings and Nvidia Inspector to force vsync on, however my game is still averaging around 150 FPS. I also have my laptop's refresh rate limited to 60. Still, both the in-game FPS viewer and my Razer Cortex overlay show super high FPS. I've had worse - my old laptop could get up to 300 FPS, however the FPS Limiter seemed to work on there. For reference, that had Intel graphics and used the 1.67 version since I... ahem, acquired the complete collection. Now I'm on my purchased Origin game since I was fed up with most of the stuff packs and the FPS is not limiting. I have a feeling it may be to do with the launcher but I'm not sure and I don't have a clue if bypassing it is even possible on Origin copies when launching through the 3booter shortcut. I just want to play TS3 without crapping my pants that I'm melting my new laptop's interior parts with the high FPS gdi
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 6:28 PM
Hi.

I use RivaTuner, which is quite light and efficient. It is the only way I could control FPS when running the game windowed.