Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 8:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
Sims 3 crashes on startup after launcher
I just bought The Sims 3 on Origin (as a downloaded game; I have the disc too, but had to buy it on Origin since it was from The Salvation Army and didn't come with a code. Not to mention I also lost the disc like an idiot.)
My system specs are as follows (although I really don't think this issue is caused by my computer's inability to handle it; It can handle ARK: Survival evolved with little to no lag.)
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-core Processor 4.00GHz
Installed RAM: 8.00 GB
Windows Specifications:
Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Version: 1803
OS build: 17134.590

If more is needed tell me where to find it; I just went to the windows settings app and clicked on About under system.

After I click the play button on the Sims 3 launcher, it tries to start in fullscreen mode, then kicks itself out of fullscreen mode into windowed mode to give me the error: Service initialization failed (0x0175d824)

I've tried multiple solutions, renaming the sims folders, deleting cache files, reinstalling the game. I have the Late Night pack on disc so I installed that to see if it worked if I started it up from the disc menu. That didn't work either. It couldn't be from cache files anyways, seeing as I hadn't even been able to play it once. I tried it logged off of my sims account in the launcher, I've tried it logged in, I can't find anything else that would help at this point.

If anyone can think of something I've missed, please tell me.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 8:42 AM
I have no idea why that worked, but thanks.