Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 14310 times.
#1 11th Jul 2013 at 5:26 PM Last edited by mikey : 9th Feb 2020 at 10:36 PM.
Tutorial - Adding More Paintings to Sim Painted Paintings (not replacing)
Adding More Paintings to Sim Painted Paintings
- What You Will Need
- What this tutorial will do
- Show you how to add a painting to Sim Painted Paintings
- What this tutorial will not do
- Teach you how to use or Imaging Programs
- - Create a New Folder on your desktop, call it "paintings" or whatever you want.
- - Open the GameplayData.package in S3PE, find the "PaintingSkillDB.xml"
- - Right click on PaintingSkillDB, choose Export > To File, save it in the folder you just created.
- - With
- - Then click on Resource > Import > From File, select the PaintingSkillDB.xml file you just saved,
- - Choose where you want to add the painting (small, medium, large), for this tutorial I will show adding a large painting. So I scrolled down until I found the large painting list. I copied the listing for the first Level 10 Painting:Code:
Large PaintingNames 10_1_Large /PaintingNames MinLevelToPaint 10 /MinLevelToPaint MaxLevelToPaint 10 /MaxLevelToPaint Artistic 10_1_Large_Artistic /Artistic CantStandArt 10_1_Large_CantStandArt /CantStandArt ComputerWhiz 10_1_Large_ComputerWhiz /ComputerWhiz Evil 10_1_Large_Evil /Evil Genius 10_1_Large_Genius /Genius Grumpy 10_1_Large_Gloomy /Grumpy Insane 10_1_Large_Insane /Insane Neurotic 10_1_Large_Neurotic /Neurotic Virtuoso 10_1_Large_Virtuoso /Virtuoso /Large
- - Paste the code you copied after the last entry in that order, In this case 10_3_Large
- - Change the 10_1_Large to 10_4_Large. If you do not wish to create the various trait variations, simply remove those lines from the code:
Large PaintingNames 10_4_Large /PaintingNames MinLevelToPaint 10 /MinLevelToPaint MaxLevelToPaint 10 /MaxLevelToPaint /Large
- - Repeat for as many Paintings as you wish to add. You can add Paintings for any level, just remember what you named them, you're going to need that information later.
- - Once you have finished adding paintings names to the PaintingSkillDB.xml, you can save the package to your working folder. Name it something you can identify later, ie New Paintings.package, etc.
- - Now you need to extract one of the paintings from FullBuild2.package. So open the FullBuild2.package in S3PE, scroll down to find the painting listings. Right click on the painting, click on Export > To Package. In this example, I'm adding large paintings, so I scroll down to the large paintings and export one of them to my new package, doesn't matter which painting you choose.
- - Once you have exported the painting to your new package, you can close the FullBuild2.package
- - Now open your new package, you should see 3 things listed: the Key, PaintingSkillDB, and the image you just exported.
- - Right Click on the _img in your package, Click on "Details"
- - Tick the box for "Use resource name", you'll notice the "Name" box is now unlocked
- - Type in the name you gave your new painting in the xml file, in this example I used 10_4_Large. NOTE: this must match what you put in the xml file or your painting wont show up.
- - Click on the FNV64 button to generate the new hash - 0x22F860A2D92F6B23
- - Click on the "OK" button
- - Now if you added more than one painting, Right Click on the _img, then choose Duplicate. Repeat this for as many paintings as you added. So if you added 5 paintings, then you need to use duplicate 4 times, so there are 5 _img listed.
- - Repeat steps 14-18 for each of the duplicates
- - Once you're done adding the new paintings, Save your new package
- - Right click on the DDS (_img), choose Export > To File, repeat for each DDS (_img) resource in your package.
- - Follow Steps 6-21 of the Replacing Sim Painted Paintings Tutorial
#2 15th Jun 2016 at 10:13 PM
This is awesome! Although I have to ask: Is there a way to do this for The Sims 4?
#3 30th Sep 2021 at 4:19 PM
Originally Posted by mikey
[*] - Change the 10_1_Large to 10_4_Large. If you do not wish to create the various trait variations, simply remove those lines from the code:
So I am wondering, I want to add some paintings using this extremely useful guide, really thanks, super clear and helpful ^^
but with these I have various that are personality based limited and have no base painting
can one set that up as well or is a base really required?
(In case I am not clear
<Insane>3_4_Small_Insane</Insane> <MinLevelToPaint>3</MinLevelToPaint> <MaxLevelToPaint>4</MaxLevelToPaint>
would something like this work?, most likely not how I set it up here but it shows my wish)