Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 10:33 PM
Thank you very much, Ram. I'll do it right now:P

Happy Simming Everyone!!
My SimPage on thesims2.ea.com
Don't stop playing Sims♥♥♥
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chimi
Thank you very much, Ram. I'll do it right now:P

You are very welcome!
Forum Resident
#78 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 11:31 PM
Default skirt too long?
Thank you for these great tutorials! after a couple of attempts I got my new mesh but as per the shot attached I have made something wrong. I think the skirt is too long - see how awful is the bottom of the skirt nearby the leg !
what have I made wrong? how can I repair?
thank you for your help
Screenshots
Test Subject
#79 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:18 PM
Did you make her legs thinnner too?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#80 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:37 PM
Alisar - I don't think that's too long - that's right about where Tig put hers, a few sim-inches above the knee. It does look like maybe you pulled the bottom edge of the dress down too far in comparison to the top of the leg, though - you're getting a little bit of a "cone" effect it seems with that, so you might want to either pull the leg down a little bit more, or lift the skirt a tad.

The problem you're getting with the stretching on the underside is pretty normal with patterned textures. If you look at that last skinny little row of polygons at the bottom of the skirt, that's the part that's mapped to the underside. Easiest thing to do is to make sure that part is completely solid on your textures - either dark brown or beige in the case of your textures would work fine.

And the weirdness you're getting when the sim sits crosslegged, with the legs poking through the skirt, is 100% completely normal and to be expected - and there's nothing that can really be done about it, so don't worry about it. Happens with Maxis dresses too.

natwel - If you notice at the end of the tutorial in the "Oops" bit, Tig explains that you should slim down the top of the leg too, as it will look a bit bulgey at the top if you just pull it down.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#81 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 11:17 PM
HP, thank you for your reply. excuse me for the delay but I was fully catched by the sci-fi contest
I will try what you suggest me, both for mesh and for texture. 'hope to bring you good news soon!
bye
Alisar
Test Subject
#82 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 11:15 AM
That's one superb tutorial, that is!
It was truly a very helpful tutorial, that one. I couldn't follow up with your first tutorial, the one with gown, so I started with this, and amazingly, this worked! I made my first dress thanks to you!
You can check out the pictures:

Oh, and about the bulge in the legs, well, in my game, nothing of that sort appeared!
I'm currently, recoloring the mesh, to make a set of teen spring dresses!
Thanks a ton for all your help, I truly appreciate it!
Test Subject
#83 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:39 PM
thank you for this tutorial. ive been working on a mesh and everytime i mess with the alpha i get a grayish color all over the dress and the sims. i dont know what to do i did everything right. and even if i work on a maxis mesh it does the same. i only have sims 2 deluxe. i tried uninstalling then reinstalling but it doesnt work. i dont have any cc in my EA files either. im stuck please help. this is what i get
[IMG]admessup1[/IMG]
here is this
[IMG]Untitled[/IMG]
Screenshots
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#84 Old 28th May 2008 at 12:48 AM
As this does not relate to this tutorial but regular skinning issues, please ask questions like that in the Body Shop Skinning area, randi21taco.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#85 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 6:48 PM
I just finished it, it worked perfectly, thanks a lot, now I have tutorial 3 left =P

"Life is a sexually transmitted disease"

Peggy's bad sister is a pirate!! hahahah
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 6:33 PM
I've tried this tut, and the beginning and the third successfully, but when I'm trying to make the skirt shorter, it always moves up the upper leg, and in return it makes the hips/thighs look skinnier than normal. [It makes the hips look thinner than it is supposed to be.] How do I keep it from doing that, or how do I fix it? Please and Thanks..

--lill

♥ :) LJ
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 10:43 PM
Lillz, once you have moved things, you then would select the vertices of the top of the legs (and the skirt where it meets the legs) - do one leg at a time! - and then make the ring bigger or smaller (just like I have you do with the skirt) Then repeat with the other leg.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 3:16 AM
Thanks so much! I'll try it!

♥ :) LJ
Test Subject
#89 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 3:11 PM
Awesome tutorial.
It all worked, but after fixing the UV mapping and before changing the texture, when I put it into body shop the skin of the person looked weird. It was kind of rough everywhere and the boundaries between colors were very visible. The maxis ones all look a lot smoother.
Test Subject
#90 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 12:19 AM
what do I have to do to get Milkshape and what is a Unimesh?????????? sorry If I asked something that someone has allready asked
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: New, updated tutorial available.
Page 4 of 4