Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#251 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 7:24 AM Last edited by keemew2 : 7th Mar 2010 at 8:26 AM.
YAY!!!
I figured out the answer to the dialogue question!!! I'm so excited, I hope this is the only problem I run into.
Anyway, the dialogue option was moved. There is a menu option labeled Windows. Click on the Dockable Dialogue option and you will find the layers option. Though, I did realize after finding it that there is a keyboard short cut: ctrl L. It is also visible in the screen-cap in the tutorial. Either way, it will bring up the layers dialogue box. Hope you check in on this headsforclouds. I got an account just to post this.

Oh, and thanks to the author of the tute! :lovestruc It's totally awesome, if a bit outdated. More resorted, actually, but I digress.
Sorry, I have a habit of rambling.
Bye now. :p
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 9:03 AM
sweet
I am glad I found this I have been wanting to do my own skins for the sims 2 for awhile and for some reason was lost but with your tut you make it easy to understand actually it isnt that diffrent from sims 1 just set up a bit diffrent and I have recolored a few sims one skins for my self so thanks alot!!!
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 5:29 AM
Got gimp but i wonder I want to recolor just one part of a dress without recoloring the whole thing how would i do that?
Test Subject
#254 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 8:32 PM
Um. . . I don't have the Menu choice "Dialogs". What am I supposed to do now? *pant*
Test Subject
#255 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 6:52 AM
What if I have the latest gimp and it doesn't have a menu selection for dialogue?
Test Subject
#256 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 11:47 PM
:'( I have a diffrent version of GIMP , so when you got to the dialogs thing , I couldn't go any father because I didn't have it
Test Subject
#257 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 7:10 PM
erm...i'm having problems with gimp, i did up to step, 18. there isn't a dialog menu on the menu bar at the top!? :'(

i love cookies..mwaah (:
Test Subject
#258 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 10:02 PM
i have gimp 2.6.10 and the dialog menu can be found by going to WINDOWS > DOCKABLE DIALOGS > LAYERS =) and also before you can save the file you need to merge the layer down. you can do this by going to LAYER > MERGE DOWN .. hope this helps
Test Subject
#259 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 5:36 PM
Hello,

I really need help, I have GIMP 2 when I get to the bit where you have to click on the Dialogs, well, I cant do it because I dont have the Dialogs option! HELP! Email me at [email protected]
Test Subject
#260 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 3:06 AM
ah, that's more like it, thank's so much! took me a while to find a tutorial using gimp
Test Subject
#261 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 4:19 PM
Thanks! This really simple and easy to do!
Test Subject
#262 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 11:36 PM
Thanks so much. This tutorial worked perfectly

Here I go again on my own,going down the only road I've ever known. Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone. And I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time, but here I go again, here I go again, here I go again, here I go.
Test Subject
#263 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 3:57 AM
Thaaanks so much for this simplistic tut! it worked perfectly for the dress, but when i try to re-colour the shorter of the 2 nighties, it doesnt fully re-colour, it leaves a band of the original colour around the bottom. Any suggestions on how to fix this? im sure im missing something quiet obvious, hehe.
Field Researcher
#264 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Paradisegirl92
Thaaanks so much for this simplistic tut! it worked perfectly for the dress, but when i try to re-colour the shorter of the 2 nighties, it doesnt fully re-colour, it leaves a band of the original colour around the bottom. Any suggestions on how to fix this? im sure im missing something quiet obvious, hehe.

If I'm thinking of the right mesh, it's an alpha mesh, so the lace part is a separate image. You have to recolor both of the image files in the project folder.

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Test Subject
#265 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kalynn06
If I'm thinking of the right mesh, it's an alpha mesh, so the lace part is a separate image. You have to recolor both of the image files in the project folder.

Thanks!!!
Test Subject
#266 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by e.mouse
i have gimp 2.6.10 and the dialog menu can be found by going to WINDOWS > DOCKABLE DIALOGS > LAYERS =) and also before you can save the file you need to merge the layer down. you can do this by going to LAYER > MERGE DOWN .. hope this helps

thank you sooo much!!!
Test Subject
#267 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 1:59 AM
Omg thank you sooo much
Lab Assistant
#268 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Everything you need? You mean, like the game?

Perhaps you have some custom content crashing bodyshop. Try putting your saved sims and downloads folder on the desktop for the moment, and run bodyshop. See if that fixes it.

If it does, go to the GAME HELP area and look for advice about the game crashing and how to track down a bad download, and follow the suggestions there to find your bad download(s)

I was having the same issue, and, after moving my downloads folder to my desktop, body shop still crashes. There are 4 files in the project folder: 1 bmp. replaced with the same name, the usual pictures, and a project file. Whenever I open body shop and select the file from under 'saved projects', it crashes. I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm quite confused. Thank you for your time.
Test Subject
#269 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 5:55 AM
I'm still rather confused using GIMP 2.8. While I got the layers dialog box to come up, the option pictured were no longer there, and merging the layer down just kept it a solid colored box. Anyone have updated directions? I'd love to be able to use Gimp, but my total lack of experience is showing here.
Mad Poster
#270 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 9:02 PM
If there's the option to "Flatten" your image in GIMP, try that instead of merging the layers. I know that in Photoshop, there are certain cases where simply merging layers can screw up their Layer Modes. GIMP may be similar.
Test Subject
#271 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 1:55 PM
Ok, it's a long shot whether I will get a reply to this problem or not, but it's worth trying as it's beginning to frustrate me! Whenever I try to save it, it saves fine, but then it doesn't show up in body shop! I've tried doing some of the things other people have suggested in the comments, and i've trued exporting it, but whenever I try to save it wants me to write over the original, is that right? Because whenever I do all it does is make body shop crash when I refresh to see what it looks like! And it still crashes when I go back into the project! Help!! Thanks!

"Knowledge is knowing tomatoes are a fruit; wisdom is not putting them in a fruit salad"
Mad Poster
#272 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 5:36 PM
You must save over the original texture that Body Shop generates. Your changes won't show up unless you do this.

As for Body Shop crashing, that's more of a technical issue that might be addressed better in one of the other help forums.
Test Subject
#273 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lorit
Ok, it's a long shot whether I will get a reply to this problem or not, but it's worth trying as it's beginning to frustrate me! Whenever I try to save it, it saves fine, but then it doesn't show up in body shop! I've tried doing some of the things other people have suggested in the comments, and i've trued exporting it, but whenever I try to save it wants me to write over the original, is that right? Because whenever I do all it does is make body shop crash when I refresh to see what it looks like! And it still crashes when I go back into the project! Help!! Thanks!

Are you running win 7? I had a similar problem..win7 set my saved sims dir to read only.
Scholar
#274 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 11:38 PM Last edited by Dizzy-noodles : 24th Jul 2012 at 12:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lorit

I had exactly the same problem. Just found a solution. Export and write over the original. Close GIMP. Then open the project in Paint, save and exit. It will now appear in Bodyshop!
Test Subject
#275 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 9:22 PM
My gimp dosen't have the "dialogs" choice. It's "Gimps version 2.8" Now what?

Music is poetry with personality. ~Ross Lynch
Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real? ~Albus Dumbledore
Page 11 of 12