Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2021 at 4:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Do the lot roads look normal when zooming out in your game?
Do you guys see lines on roads whenever you zoom out on a lot? I've notice this for a while. I also see lines on some maxis furniture when I zoom out. They disappear when you zoom in close (same with the road). Makes me think the road was separate pieces and the game developer connect them together to form one road. I could be wrong.

Is it my graphics card that causing lines to be visible on some objects, or is this a sloppy job on Maxis's part?

They appear even when I remove all the CC.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th May 2021 at 5:08 PM
Quote:
Makes me think the road was separate pieces and the game developer connect them together to form one road.

Well... you're not wrong. The road on a lot consists of floor pieces but editing is locked without cheats enabled, and it can behave a bit strange. The sidewalk and some of the road pieces are available in flooring (not sure if all the pieces are there, though)

I think it's default game behavior, and possibly caused by the smaller mipmaps not quite being lined up properly (the smaller textures the game changes to when you zoom further out), but just to clarify - do you have a road replacement, or is it just the default road? Guessing no since it happens without CC, but yeh never know where people hide their CC these days...

The lines on furniture - do you have any pictures of it happening, or do you mean in neighborhood view?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2021 at 5:18 PM Last edited by Simsfan2021 : 5th May 2021 at 5:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Well... you're not wrong. The road on a lot consists of floor pieces but editing is locked without cheats enabled, and it can behave a bit strange. The sidewalk and some of the road pieces are available in flooring (not sure if all the pieces are there, though)

I think it's default game behavior, and possibly caused by the smaller mipmaps not quite being lined up properly (the smaller textures the game changes to when you zoom further out), but just to clarify - do you have a road replacement, or is it just the default road? Guessing no since it happens without CC, but yeh never know where people hide their CC these days...

It's Maxis created road. No road replacement mods involved. Does your road look like mine, or does it look clearer from a distance?

edit - See the pictures below. Look closely at the computer. You can see a big line in the middle of the PC box (left photo). It disappear when you zoom in (right photo).
Be warned, their camera snapshot feature is a bit crappy even at the highest setting.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2021 at 9:09 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th May 2021 at 9:19 PM.
Could be a missing "smooth edges" isssue, or something of the sort. If the graphic settings are lowered a bit, there can sometimes be artefacts like that. Not sure if there is a line in the mesh right there on that computer, but if so it's possible that could become more visible if the graphic settings are lower. Just gussing, though.

I have a closeup of the road here (the darker middle bit is lot view, top and bottom is the neighborhood street). I don't have anything at the same distance as you, though (having some Windows 10 issues atm so haven't played sims in a while... )