Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2021 at 10:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Confusion at the Pregnancy Modifier Token's weirdness.
I asked Midge the Tree awhile ago about the Pregnancy Modifier Token here. I was looking to randomly and permanently add this token to Sims when they're born, but as you can see, there's something weird going on with how this token works.

I don't like bothering Midge too much so I thought I'd ask here first. Would anyone be willing to take a crack at this? Or hopefully just explain this behavior a little more thoroughly? I guess I'm pretty confused as to what's actually going on so it's difficult to come up with a fix.

Thank you for any help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd May 2021 at 1:06 AM
What she said seems pretty straightforward. Was there some part of it in particular that you're having trouble understanding?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2021 at 9:07 AM
I think the main thing I'm getting tripped up on is the -5 and -9999 part.

If I'm understanding correctly, non-pregnant Sims given the token have Maxis's base 10% chance of having twins decreased to 5%, and pregnant Sims given the token have the base 10% chance decreased by -9999% which would make it next to impossible for them to have twins? So, the Pregnancy Modifier Token isn't actually working to increase the chances of twins, but instead decreases it, especially for Sims who are pregnant?

When Midge said, "If the token already exists and adding the modified amount would make it 0 or negative, it is deleted, but if no token exists a token with a negative modified amount can be made...," I'm assuming this means I need to change the -5 and -9999 values in "Preg - Check For Pregnant Sims" to positive ones so the token isn't being created just to be deleted, because a token that already exists would have been given a -5 or -9999 value and adding either of these again would make it a negative value?

And I guess I don't understand how exactly the game randomly decides which Sim ends up getting the token. I know Midge said it'll look for pregnant and non-pregnant Sims to assign it to but is there a base probability somewhere that the token will be given?

Sorry if this isn't coherent. I have pretty basic modding skills and get pretty confused with how this stuff works.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd May 2021 at 2:28 PM
The adjustment is made in the aging controller, so it is probably made to every sim every day at 6 PM, and yes, it would flip back and forth from being set to -5/-9999 and being absent, but you could actually check the aging controller code to verify that. Aside from this setting that happens in the aging controller, the token was given to a small number of premade sims, and that's it. Presumably I guess EA wanted those sims to have their chances of twins decrease over time and have the token removed completely once they got pregnant for the first time. The way they did it doesn't make sense, but that's probably because they messed up while coding it.