Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2021 at 7:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to expand Body Shop? More columns/rows?
I have tons of CC and downloaded them in packs out of which some don't work or are displayed incorrectly. I'd like to do manual checks using the Body shop but it loads really slowly and shows only 3 pieces of clothing at a time... it would be better if it showed 10-15 at least.
Now I did find a mod to expand CAS.
Is there something like this for the body shop?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd May 2021 at 8:03 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd May 2021 at 8:23 PM.
Have you tried going to the TS2 download section and clicking on the first option that pops up under "programs and utilities"? --> https://modthesims.info/d/654010/bo...widescreen.html

Seems it still has a few bugs (it's quite new), and can't guarantee it will work if you don't have all or most of the EPs, but I don't think there are other options at the moment. Bodyshop might not be the easiest program to modify since this is (I think?) the first UI mod that doesn't just change the look and colors of the buttons and such, but also modifies the outlay quite a bit.

One of the reasons Bodyshop loads items slowly is probably that it needs to make thumbnails for every item. The Cigen file has the Bodyshop thumbnails, and if you delete this along with the other cache files, Bodyshop always have to remake the thumbnails, which takes a second or two for each item. If you want to speed up loading for individual items, you can keep the Cigen file unless it's causing issues in Bodyshop (thumbnails showing up wrong, or Bodyshop refusing to load even if you've deleted the other caches, for instance). If you're comfortable with SimPE, individual borked thumbnails can even be deleted from the Cigen file if need be.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2021 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried going to the TS2 download section and clicking on the first option that pops up under "programs and utilities"? --> https://modthesims.info/d/654010/bo...widescreen.html

Seems it still has a few bugs (it's quite new), and can't guarantee it will work if you don't have all or most of the EPs, but I don't think there are other options at the moment. Bodyshop might not be the easiest program to modify since this is (I think?) the first UI mod that doesn't just change the look and colors of the buttons and such, but also modifies the outlay quite a bit.

One of the reasons Bodyshop loads items slowly is probably that it needs to make thumbnails for every item. The Cigen file has the Bodyshop thumbnails, and if you delete this along with the other cache files, Bodyshop always have to remake the thumbnails, which takes a second or two for each item. If you want to speed up loading for individual items, you can keep the Cigen file unless it's causing issues in Bodyshop (thumbnails showing up wrong, or Bodyshop refusing to load even if you've deleted the other caches, for instance). If you're comfortable with SimPE, individual borked thumbnails can even be deleted from the Cigen file if need be.

This looks neat but my laptop is a bit too small for this, the modded one is for 1600x900 and more, while mine is only 1366x768.
Thanks for the tiips and explanation though!