Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 3 Patch Downloader

by FordGT90Concept Posted 10th Jul 2010 at 12:11 PM - Updated 19th Sep 2019 at 12:46 AM by FordGT90Concept

1453 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1088 Feedback Posts, 364 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 59
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 6:01 PM Last edited by FordGT90Concept : 12th Jul 2010 at 6:40 PM. Reason: clarity
I changed the wording (RAM -> virtual memory) because you are correct in that it is misleading. Virtual memory isn't necessarily always HDD space. Virtual memory is addresses the application sees that the operating system gives it. Only the operating system knows which medium the virtual memory addresses actually reside on.

For instance, if you have a large address aware application using all 4 GiB of virtual memory but you only have 2 GiB of RAM and the OS is using up 512 MiB of it, 1.5 GiB of the game resides on the RAM and 2.5 GiB resides on the hard drive.

Another example is if you have a game using 4 GiB of virtual memory on a 64-bit OS with 6-GiB of RAM installed, all of that 4 GiB could be on the system's RAM. Some software explicitly uses hard drive (or whatever the medium the virtual RAM partition is on be it USB flash drive or SSD) space by design but that still counts against the virtual memory used by the application.
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 7:46 PM
I love you for this. My Sims has been crashing to the desktop lately and I haven't found a way to fix it. I'm hoping this will be what does it!!!
Test Subject
#28 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 7:54 PM
Subverting what? They already offer manual downloads of patches.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...E3BA8F00.015062

PS - I'm pretty sure that adding a user agent to your application would help avoid any possible bannings. However, I wouldn't think that EA is into losing customers.

Thanks and cheers.
Inventor
#29 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 10:16 AM
Thank you very much for that.

I wrote a German tutorial here: http://crinrict.blogspot.com/2010/0...downloader.html for all German users. Feedback is appreciated.
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
Thank you very much for that.

I wrote a German tutorial here: http://crinrict.blogspot.com/2010/0...downloader.html for all German users. Feedback is appreciated.

I placed a link to your site on the overview page. I can't read German so I really can't give much feedback. I do appreciate you taking the time to write it up.
Inventor
#31 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 1:30 PM
Thanks.

I did mean for other German users to give me feedback
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 3:50 PM
The same then VampireSim, and now it works perfectly! AWESOME!
THANK YOU SO MUCH fordGT90Concept! I appreciate your great work!
Test Subject
#33 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 6:12 PM Last edited by Nightbird506 : 13th Jul 2010 at 6:43 PM. Reason: fixed an error
Thank you for this program. I knew that there were new patches, but the game launcher was telling me that my game was up to date.

However, I ran into a problem using your program. It installed all the patches, except one for WA. I got an error that says: Error - RTPatch: invalid file found: Game\Bin\TS3EP01.exe

I closed the program and restarted it and downloaded the file again, but again, I got the same error. I was using the automatic install, and had it download all ypdates sequentially.

I also tried to manually install the file myself, with the same error. I have LAA set to true on the game and all three expansions, and have a 4 GB system, so this should be correct. I do not have any mods in my game, nor have I ever used any, so there would not be any remnants of that interfering.

I also tried reinstalling the previous patch that your program downloaded, which updated WA to 2.7.7, the launcher told me that my game was already updated to this version, but I had it reinstall anyway, just in case. Then I tried to install the next WA patch again. This time it worked, and when I re-ran your program, everything showed as up to date.

So I do not need any help with fixing it, as I managed to myself, but thought you may want to know of the problem I ran into, and if anyone else runs into it as well, how to resolve it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 7:33 PM Last edited by FordGT90Concept : 13th Jul 2010 at 8:27 PM.
I'm glad you got it sorted by yourself. The following is general information for the "Invalid file" error:

If it errors on any of the TS3###.exe files, hit "Reset LAA" and try installing it again. Remember to "Force LAA" again after everything is installed.

If all else fails, back up your user data, uninstall the expansion that has invalid files, reinstall it, update it, and if necessary, restore your user data to the My Documents directory.

Edit: A future release will skip installs for the same product after one installation failed. E.g. if the base game failed to patch to 1.12.70, it would skip the patch to 1.14.11 because it would error if it did run.

It will also not redownload the file if it finds the file already exists and believes it to be complete (size of the local file matches the file to be downloaded).
Test Subject
#35 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 11:23 PM
THank you thank you thank you
Test Subject
#36 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 11:25 AM
it's really doesn't work on Win7
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 12:09 PM
Please be more specific. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and it works fine.
Test Subject
#38 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 1:28 AM
I was able to download the program fine. When I go to manually install the patches I need (WA and HEL) to update my game I get this message "the setup has detected that no version of the sims 3 adventures is installed. This udate requres that a previous version of the application be installed." It will not allow me to go any furtheer after this message.

I have all of the expansion and stuff packs and my game is updated for Ambitions 4.2.32.007017.

I have read the instructions over and over and i can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Please help. Thanks.
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 2:02 AM
World Adventures has multiple, incremental updates if you are running an older version. They will only install in one order (the order that they appear in the download list from top to bottom).

If it did download more than one update for World Adventures and you tried to install them all but still get that error message, you'll have to backup your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 directory, uninstall World Adventures via the Control Panel, install World Adventures again, patch it, and restore your backup if necessary. That should work out the bugs.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CJDJ
The Official Launcher didn't update my WA or HELS executables. This did. Thanks for a job well done!

and me too !
Test Subject
#41 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 10:33 AM
This utility made my day. I don't how (or why!) I lived without it. I can run CAW now! My mods finally work correctly! This is awesome.
Test Subject
#42 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:17 AM
Hey whats up FordGT.Hey I used this program which is great but after I downloaded AND installed the updates(I have Sims 3 and all 3 official expansions installed) the patch downloader still shows that the expansions and the base game are not updated to the versions in the bottom box when I sat right here and saw them completly install.What did I do wrong?
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:07 PM
Restart the program or right click on the top list view and click "Refresh." If the lower list view still shows updates as available, right click on the top list view again and select "Copy BB Code" and paste it in your response.
Test Subject
#44 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:23 PM
Code:
The Sims™ 3	1.12.70.006002	1.14.11.007002	True	C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Deluxe\The Sims 3
The Sims™ 3 World Adventures	2.7.7.006002	2.9.10.007002	True	C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Deluxe\The Sims 3 World Adventures
The Sims™ 3 High-End Loft Stuff	3.3.11.006001	3.5.8.007001	True	C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Deluxe\The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff
The Sims™ 3 Ambitions	4.0.87.006001	4.2.32.007001	True	C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Deluxe\The Sims 3 Ambitions
Test Subject
#45 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:24 PM Last edited by ivinsjames : 19th Jul 2010 at 8:30 PM.
Thats the bb code
So can I fix this or no chance?
Scholar
Original Poster
#46 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 8:35 PM
You are correct, none were updated.

When you try to install the 1.14.11.007002_from_1.12.70.006002, what error(s) do you get?

Edit: I see it says "The Sims 3 Deluxe" which appears to be a warez copy. That doesn't have genuine executables, therefore, the patches will always error when they discover the executable on record doesn't match what is present. If there is no way to get the original, patched executables in there, there's no way to patch it.
Test Subject
#47 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 8:48 PM
When I try to install the update myself I get the error that the game sims 3 is not installed.Oh well guess theres no way to fix it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:16 PM
That means the registry is incomplete (installer registry). The patches need that registry in order to determine what is currently installed. You'll have to make do without the latest patches, unfortunately.
Test Subject
#49 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:13 AM
In theory could I mess with my registry setting to recognize the game?

Like here
http://www.regfiles.net/file/47/
Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 2:01 AM
Not sure; buy the game.
Page 2 of 59