Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 6:43 AM
Default The Wishing Well
I flipped thru the whole catalogue and couldnt find it, i was wondering where it was, i thought it may have been a reward item or aspiration object but i was also wrong about that ... EA must have taken it out, but the weird part was that i read that you can spawn a wishing well with the boolProp cheat. So naturally i tried that out, and played around with it, but when i picked it up to delete it it was worth 2,175ish dollars? Was it always supposed to be a cheat object or was it supposed to be in the game?

Joanne
Advertisement
#2 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 8:14 AM
I think it was meant to have a been a reward object,lol!
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 8:24 AM
Ooooh, a wishing well??? I want it, I want it, I want it! So also my sims could sing "Wishing Well" by Angra!!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 8:31 AM
Some information on the wishing well from the BBS:

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...tem.127,item.23 (scroll down)

I personally like the romance wish gone bad... :handbag:
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 9:07 AM
For those not wanting to read the BBS thread : The wishing well is a "reward" from the garden club if your lot has a high score (over 700 out of a possible 1000) . You can have more than one wishing well on a lot, but you must invite the garden club over to examine the lot for each one. There is a 70 sim hour wait limit between inspections.
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 1:56 PM
Your right, AdmiralAeris! That Crumplebottom crawling out of the well like Samara is a stroke of comic genious! LOL! Now which unlucky sim will I try that out on!?

Dream
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 6:13 PM
I do beleive its a reward object
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 10:05 PM
Heard that some not nice things can happen as well! I can't wait, I love to torture my Sims :D
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 2:01 AM
I got a wishing well today. I haven't tried out all the options, but the money one works just fine, thank you very much. LOL Next time I play, I'll have them go to the well a few more times to see what trouble I can stir up.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 7:32 AM
Fountains and sculpture, and some of the other normal sim plants. But, I haven't done it yet - just these things will help.
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 7:42 AM
Don't forget to make sure your lot is tidy! Any old newspapers or trash will make them unimpressed. Also add things like outdoor lights and a compost maker, they add those to their score as well.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:35 AM
Fountain too, they kept looking at mine. Compost maker is a must. I had tons of other plants (all neat) - rose bushes and the hedge and they looked at every single one - ended up with a score of 1773. One wishing well too
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:13 AM
lol if its a reward object.. i think u should get good luck if ur aspiration is platinum ..hmm not sure though
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:03 PM
I used boolprop to get the wishing well.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:12 PM
The garden club membership is so easy...it's rediculous. I now have 8 wells on the lot I've been playing.
Tips (other than the excellent ones listed above):
1. Don't have any plants or dirt patches that are not fertilized/composted. Compost scores higher.
2. What ever you do, do not put flamingos or gnomes out. The club detests cheap sculpture. In fact, they consider these objects 'trash'.
3. Compost bins with compost in them rate higher than empty bins.
4. A cowplant is scored. It has a higher score without visible cake.
5. Ladybug houses up the score.
6. They love high priced potted plants, sculpture, hedges, trees etc.

Interesting note: only the sim who belongs to the club gets discounts on seeds and gardening supplies. It pays to have all the sims on your lot try for the membership.

I know there's more...it's just that I haven't had my coffee yet. LOL
Quick edit: I just saw a new 'want' last night. My sim wants a "perfect" score in gardening. I locked it. I think I am going to try for it !

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Inventor
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bacon164
I used boolprop to get the wishing well.

How do you do that?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 5:17 PM
Enter the typical "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true". I think you press shift and click on a Sim. Go to the Spawn menu and flip through the options until you find wishing well.

edit - A moderator explained it better in the garden sticky thread.