Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 1:25 AM
Image Dimensions Limit Question
Hi.

I received this message while trying to attach an image to a test post of mine (in the Creators Issue). I imagine it might effect other parts of the website?

My question is why the image dimension limitations don't count when an image is skinny & tall, and only considers when the image is wide & short.

Is there a way to include allowing 1944 x 2592 pixels as a limit?
Screenshots

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 10:49 AM
Most images here are actually landscape mode (a quick glance at the download forums, and the number of Lots supports this), with portrait mostly being used for Sims.

That said I'd have to up the limit to 2592x2592, which is... quite big. So I'll have to think about this and talk it over with the other admins.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Site Helper
#3 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 3:25 PM
What about a button to let you rotate an image 90 degrees left or right after uploading? You could upload it as a landscape, then change the orientation for a portrait image without having to worry about someone deciding to take advantage of the new picture sizes.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 8:32 PM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 14th Jul 2019 at 8:32 PM.
The images in question is a Sim, and so a portrait shot was the desired choice.

EDIT: Wait, you mean there's an option already for that? Or do you mean the site should add an option to rotate images after uploading?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Site Helper
#5 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 3:42 PM
I was suggesting the option to rotate the image should be added to the site. It seemed to me to be a potentially workable choice that shouldn't damage anything else. (Of course, this does depend on how hard it would be to shoehorn it in...)

Edit: and now I'm imagining the actual uploaded files also being rotated 90 degrees...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook