Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotExpander for Free Time (Obsolete)

by Mootilda Posted 21st Aug 2007 at 1:43 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:09 PM by Nysha

279 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 275 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 12
Site Helper
Original Poster
#151 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 4:28 PM
Actually, I think that answers my question really well... sounds like you might very well have neighborhoods with missing or corrupt catalog descriptions caused by the processes that you went through. Do you have a link to the empty lots from Jordi at MATY? It might be helpful to take a look at them...
Instructor
#152 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Actually, I think that answers my question really well... sounds like you might very well have neighborhoods with missing or corrupt catalog descriptions caused by the processes that you went through. Do you have a link to the empty lots from Jordi at MATY? It might be helpful to take a look at them...

Ok, here it is: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg300725
Instructor
#153 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 1:10 PM Last edited by Khaibit : 20th Feb 2008 at 1:20 PM.
Ok, first off: The test with WinXP (SP2 etc.) and the current official SimPE (didn't update to the QA as SimPE was already installed in XP) was successful! LE started and expanded the lot perfectly.
BTW, as it reads the catalog description most lots in the Maxis neigborhoods are listed with their original English names instead of using the Maxis language adjustments - so it's impossible to find the right lot without renaiming it first. Maybe you'd like to add this hint to your tutorial for players who don't run TS2 in English (if you already did I oversaw it *doh!*).

Tested LE 1292 and unfortunately I still cannot say if a neigborhood or subneigborhood is causing the problem - here's the error report:
Quote:
************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.BadImageFormatException: Die Datei oder Assembly simpe.package, Version=1.0.2676.19318, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Es wurde versucht, eine Datei mit einem falschen Format zu laden. (transtation: (don't know the correct English expressions so checked leo.org, hopefully correct) unhandled exception in the program. The file or assembly simpe.package or a dependency wasn't found. A file in a wrong format was loaded.)
Dateiname: simpe.package, Version=1.0.2676.19318, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
bei LotExpander.LotExpander.NeighborhoodScreen()
bei LotExpander.LotExpander.NextButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in G:\Source\LotExpander\Source\9LE129\1292\LotExpander.cs:Zeile 117.
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.312 (rtmLHS.050727-3100).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
LotExpander
Assembly-Version: 1.2.9.2.
Win32-Version: 1.2.9.2.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Khaibit/Desktop/LotExpander1292/LotExpander.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
The last paragraph just explains that JIT debuging isn't activated and if enabled all toubles are reported, included the problems that aren't included in this report... worth a try?
Can it maybe nevertheless be caused by Vista?
And I fiddeled around in the G1- folder to avoid rebuilding the houses after adding the Maxis caracters again (deleteallcharacters and copied the backup character- file). So it caused some troubles which could be solved by move out and in again. Don't know if this still affects my G1 because for some reason I could never, right from the start, enter the lot of the couple with the plantsim- wife, even after move out the lot couldn't be loaded. Might this be the problem?

Actually this should be clear and not required to mention: It doesn't matter to me that my lot is expanded and "my problem" is solved (start XP and expand lots there ). I keep on helping you to try and find the error which causes these troubles as this might help you - and other users of LE. Clear, isn't it?

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#154 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Khaibit
The last paragraph just explains that JIT debuging isn't activated and if enabled all toubles are reported, included the problems that aren't included in this report... worth a try?
If you happen to have a C# debugger which supports just-in-time debugging installed on your Vista machine, it certainly wouldn't hurt to turn on JIT debugging.
Quote: Originally posted by Khaibit
Can it maybe nevertheless be caused by Vista?
Yes, it would appear that there are at least two problems - one of them could easily be some sort of incompatibility with Vista. I don't have Vista and have been avoiding it like the plague, so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to solve this problem.
Test Subject
#155 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 12:45 PM
Okay, this is probably a really stupid idea, but is there any way I can get this to install on my Mac. I know that there's a program that allows for .exe programs to be installed on Mac OS X, but I'm not sure about the .NET part of it. I'd *love* to be able to build terraced houses.
Forum Resident
#157 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black_Barook!
How does one shrink the lots using your program?

It's true that some people have reported problems with shrunken lots. Also true: people have reported the lots are fine and not causing problems.

If you are interested in shrunken lots, I suggest you read this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...5#startcomments At one point test lots were posted within the thread. They may or may not still be in there. If you find any, You can help test them .

On this page at post number 1384 you'll find 'little beach lots' that you can try out: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...440#post1839440 At MATY there is some discussion of these little beach lots here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,10456.0.html

PLEASE remember that these lots are suspected of causing problems: MAKE A BACK UP OF YOUR GAME FOLDER before installing and using any!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#158 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pookah
I am not sure where suggestions regarding this program should go, so I wi make my comment here. - This tool seems to have supplementar benefits - Could it be used to edit text info? If so, it could be useful for modifying street address, etc. I know that this is a minor point - but it is irritating to have a lot with the address 20 Sim Street sitting right next to 351 Middle street. This text editing function coud be added as a supplementary benefit or some one can make a external text editing tool based on the current program. Thanks!
Newer EPs allow you to change the lot address within the game. You can also use SimPE to make this kind of change.
Test Subject
#159 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 4:01 AM
Is it possible that you could get back 1.2.7.8, the one that you can SHRINK lots with?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#160 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 2:30 PM
The shrinking feature is not yet complete and may cause game crashes and neighborhood corruption.
Test Subject
#161 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 2:47 PM
Ok, then. Do you have any idea when a newer version might be out?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#162 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 7:55 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 25th Feb 2008 at 8:57 PM.
The current LotExpander was updated for Bon Voyage and seems to work for Teen Style Stuff. Until there's a new EP (or incompatible SP), I doubt that there will be a new version.

If you are asking about the unreleased shrinking feature, which may cause game crashes and neighborhood corruption... I have no current plans to release this feature.

If you are interested in the research on shrinking lots, check out the research thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250693

Other known problems:

- Problems running with Vista - I don't have Vista so I'm having problems tracking this down. The LotExpander seems to crash when the SimPE DLLs are loaded and used for the first time.

- Problems running on a MAC - I don't have a MAC, but I believe that the problem is with the .NET runtime, so there's nothing much that I can do.
Instructor
#163 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:09 PM
Just a progress report: found a trial- debug program and "just" have to get it working (a bit difficult to activate everything but I fiddle around ) so you should get the report ASAP.

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 12:39 AM
Okay, I would love to get this to work, but everything I've tried just gives me this and LE doesn't load up.

I'm running Win XP SP2

The newest version of PE which I think is 0.64 or something like that. (do I need an older version perhaps?)

I have Sims NL, OFB, Seasons, Pets, and BV, no stuff packs.

Quote:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SimPe.Packages.File.Read(IPackedFileDescriptor pfd)
at LotExpander.LotExpander.NeighborhoodScreen() in G:\Source\LotExpander\Source\LE129\129\LotExpander.cs:line 327
at LotExpander.LotExpander.NextButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in G:\Source\LotExpander\Source\LE129\129\LotExpander.cs:line 116
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
LotExpander
Assembly Version: 1.2.9.0
Win32 Version: 1.2.9.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Us/My%20Documents/LotExpander.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
simpe.package
Assembly Version: 1.0.2676.19318
Win32 Version: 1.0.2676.19318
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Us/My%20Documents/simpe.package.DLL
simpe.interfaces
Assembly Version: 1.0.2676.19317
Win32 Version: 1.0.2676.19317
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Us/My%20Documents/simpe.interfaces.DLL
simpe.helper
Assembly Version: 0.62.1.100
Win32 Version: 0.62.1.100
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Us/My%20Documents/simpe.helper.DLL
simpe.clst
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Us/My%20Documents/simpe.clst.DLL
simpe.commonhandler
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Us/My%20Documents/simpe.commonhandler.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Is there a process to fix this? I'm not very techy, but I can generally follow instructions.

-Chris
Site Helper
Original Poster
#165 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenChris
Okay, I would love to get this to work, but everything I've tried just gives me this and LE doesn't load up. ... Is there a process to fix this? I'm not very techy, but I can generally follow instructions.
This looks like a similar problem to the one reported by motherspet on 12th Jan 2008. Have you tried downloading version 1.2.9.2, which fixed her problem by skipping neighborhoods with bad catalog descriptions? It's available here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...355#post1887355

Please let me know whether this resolves your problem.
Test Subject
#166 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 8:49 AM
Help!!!
I downloaded LotExpander 1.2.9 and installed it on my system. I am running Vista Ultimate x64 with TS2 and all expansion packs and stuff packs up to Bon Voyage. When I ran LotExpander and press the Start button to begin, I get the following message:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assembly 'simpe.package. Version=1.0.2676.19318, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Clicking on the Details button provides the following information:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'simpe.package, Version=1.0.2676.19318, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: 'simpe.package, Version=1.0.2676.19318, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at LotExpander.LotExpander.NeighborhoodScreen()
at LotExpander.LotExpander.NextButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in G:\Source\LotExpander\Source\LE129\129\LotExpander.cs:line 117
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
LotExpander
Assembly Version: 1.2.9.0
Win32 Version: 1.2.9.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/TS2ModdingTools/LotExpander/LotExpander.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I then followed the threads here an downloaded and installed LotExpander 1.2.9.2 and still received the same message with only the version number of LotExpander changed.

Am I doing something wrong?
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 12:49 PM
This looks like a similar problem to the one reported by motherspet on 12th Jan 2008. Have you tried downloading version 1.2.9.2, which fixed her problem by skipping neighborhoods with bad catalog descriptions? It's available here:

Please let me know whether this resolves your problem.

I could kiss you. Works like a charm! Thanks!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#168 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 2:56 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 1st Mar 2008 at 1:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by WanderingSpirit
Help!!!
I downloaded LotExpander 1.2.9 and installed it on my system. I am running Vista Ultimate x64 with TS2 and all expansion packs and stuff packs up to Bon Voyage. When I ran LotExpander and press the Start button to begin, I get the following message:

I then followed the threads here an downloaded and installed LotExpander 1.2.9.2 and still received the same message with only the version number of LotExpander changed.

Am I doing something wrong?
This problem has been reported serveral times now. As far as I can tell, the LotExpander has problems running on Vista, especially Vista 64. At this time, I have no fix for this problem. I've updated the original post to reflect this.
Test Subject
#169 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 12:18 PM
It looks like the LotExpander is having problems reading the catalog description in one of your neighborhood files. Let me look into this a bit and see whether I can figure out what the problem might be. Can you tell me which operating system you're running (Window XP, Vista 32, Vista 64, ...?), which EPs / SPs you have installed, and which language version of the Sims 2 you are running?

I have Windows XP, all EP's and all SP's and the language is dutch
Site Helper
Original Poster
#170 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dakkie13
I have Windows XP, all EP's and all SP's and the language is dutch
Please try downloading version 1.2.9.2, which skips over neighborhoods with missing or corrupt catalog descriptions:

Other people with problems similar to yours have reported that this resolved their problems running the LotExpander, so I am hopeful that it will solve your problems as well. Please let me know what happens.

This change will be incorporated into the new version for Free Time.
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 12:30 AM
Oh, thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you! {kisses} I am a huge fan of Galilea's lots (from TSR), but they don't leave a lot of room for growing. It is going to be such a huge help to be able to make them bigger! Ooo! And I have a couple of other ones, too! {dances for joy}
Test Subject
#172 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 10:14 AM
Any idea on when an update will be made for Free Time? Cheers. LTC
Site Helper
Original Poster
#173 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtopcat
Any idea on when an update will be made for Free Time? Cheers. LTC
Well, first I have to get Free Time. That happens when the EA company store finally bothers to get some in... usually a week or two after the general release.

Then I need to do some testing to determine what kind of problems are occuring. Finally, I need to find solutions to the problems. Finding and fixing the problems for Pets only took a week or so, but Seasons was more difficult and took about a month.

So, my best guess is another month, give or take. Sorry that it takes so long.
Test Subject
#174 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 1:35 AM
Anyway I can manually do it via SimPE? LOL
Site Helper
Original Poster
#175 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 4:34 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 5th Mar 2008 at 12:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lordtopcat
Anyway I can manually do it via SimPE? LOL
I don't believe that you can. If I remember correctly, SimPE doesn't allow you to add or delete fields. You'd need a more powerful hex editor.

Update: New Free Time version 1.2.10 now available. Luckily, there were very few changes required.
Page 7 of 12