Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#426 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 4:01 PM
Croutonian, I'm so glad you convinced a disk to work, these are lovely houses. You are not imune to the wcif's though! Wcif your app house's bathroom set (mostly the sink) and the kid's bed? Also the curtain in Steve's bathroom.

It's totally cheating that you know which houses are included, part of the fun is having to guess! I'm very excited for the next round.

Edit: Wow, it started between the time I started typing this and after I posted it! I thought that trailer was going to be one of them! But now if jones is thinking about using binned houses I may need to rethink my strategy...
Advertisement
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#427 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 4:24 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 20th Oct 2012 at 4:54 PM.
I'll tell you this Phae, I'm using one bin house

Here's a handful of pics from my redone 95 Woodland Dr. This one doesn't look like this anymore because I forgot to package it before I started redoing it, so I just grabbed a few pics before I went back to the neighborhood and didn't save I haven't finished my 30 Lakeside yet, good thing I'm not competing, lol.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#428 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Croutonian, I'm so glad you convinced a disk to work, these are lovely houses. You are not imune to the wcif's though! Wcif your app house's bathroom set (mostly the sink) and the kid's bed? Also the curtain in Steve's bathroom.

Haha! I wouldn't expect to be immune to it...but I will now probably realise how unorganised my downloads folder is!

Bathroom set is Maylin's Biwa...Steve's curtain is also from Maylin - I'm a big Maylin fan lol
The bed is Ali's Modula Bed from Simcrastic Designs, but can now be found on the graveyard, right at the top of the list there

Jones...I'm struggling to find the Pepsi...I think I drunk it all
With more money, Steve would've had an expresso machine, but the Pepsi was much, much cheaper I shall see if I can find some clues to it's origin from my game when I go back on
Edit: just as I post, I go and find it haha! Tis teknofil's

Lab Assistant
#429 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 5:55 PM
Can we use the same family that we used in round 1??
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#430 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 6:00 PM
No godspeed. Once you use a family, they are done. You have to use each family once We don't want anyone to be homeless
Lab Assistant
#431 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 9:54 PM
Default Round 2
This is how you know, I'm having way too much fun doing this!

35 Woodland Dr
Budget 40,000 down to the Simol :lovestruc
The Jones Family: Steve is a work-a-holic. But all work and no play make Steve a dull guy. So he needs a place where, when he has the time, he can relax and let loose. He likes a simple, yet tasteful look.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#432 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 10:24 PM
Wow, second round open and first entry up, again while I was asleep. Darn time zones.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#433 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 12:32 AM
Are we allowed to use halfwalls outside so long as they don't make rooms?
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#434 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 12:44 AM
Rowena you can use half walls where ever you want. I often use them as fences since they are much more designable
Lab Assistant
#435 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 1:07 AM Last edited by lipe2k : 1st Nov 2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Changing pictures 1 and 2
Default Lipe2k - Round 2 Entry
So here's my round 2 entry =D I've chosen the Mason Family: Bill and his 10 year old daughter Elise have been on their own for a year now. They still miss Ann, but have decided it's time to move away from all the painful memories. Bill's never been very good at decorating and wants to make sure the house feels like a home. Elise loves purple and butterflies. Budget: 50,000

retired moderator
#436 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 1:17 AM
lipe2k, omg you have some of the most amazing CC. Those wall butterflies are fantastic! Wcif them, her chair, her desk, her bedspread, and that amazing recolor of the hemnes bed? The photo of the golden gate bridge is amazing as well, but its not the style of CC I like for my game. I swear I'll try my dardest not to copy your version of her bedroom when I do that family.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#437 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 1:25 AM
Oh yes please do tell where those butterflies came from! Also are those recolours of the Ikea small draws under her desk? I'd love to know where that is from as well as her chair and sheet set. Sorry to be so demanding and only if it's not too much trouble to find out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#438 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 1:34 AM Last edited by lipe2k : 21st Oct 2012 at 3:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
lipe2k, omg you have some of the most amazing CC. Those wall butterflies are fantastic! Wcif them, her chair, her desk, her bedspread, and that amazing recolor of the hemnes bed? The photo of the golden gate bridge is amazing as well, but its not the style of CC I like for my game. I swear I'll try my dardest not to copy your version of her bedroom when I do that family.

Thank you so much @Phaenoh! It's been some good eight years of intense and compulsive CC-downloading with no mercy for my HD, and your comment made them all worthy, lol :D

So here we go:
Butterflies - It's from HolySimoly. I was 100% sure they were free, part of the party baloons set, but now that I accesed their website, I realized it's actually part of Donation Set 4, so I might go back to the game and change it but they're here.

Her chair - Also from Holy Simoly, Arizona set. It's free this time: here
They also have living room and dining room sets following this style, if you like to match stuff!

Her desk - IKEA Expedit Desk, by our very own HugeLunatic! Here!

Her bedspread - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=483666

EDIT: I forgot about the recolors, sorry! I'm pretty sure they're from here. But beware, when I found hafiseazale's, I got 1 gb of recolors She has posts with lots of recolors to every EP and SP. Yeah, it's awesome!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#439 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 2:19 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 21st Oct 2012 at 2:42 AM.
Thanks so much Lipe! Oh my hafiseazale has recolours of so many things. *faints* I can see how you could collect 1gb!

The link to the bedding isn't working and I can't find it on here. Which bedding set is it in?

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#440 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 3:05 AM
@joandsarah77 I've edited the link, I hope it works now! I've already removed the paid butterflies from my lot pictures. I'm really sorry, guys, I was sure it was free =(
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#441 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 3:47 AM
That's okay, it can be hard to tell sometimes, especially with free sites that also do donation sets.

jones, can we after we have finished decorating and taken a picture of the lot price, move in a sim? I really wanted some vegetables to be growing and I don't know of a way to do that except to move a sim in to plant them.

~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#442 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 3:53 AM
It doesn't even have to be after the pic. The lot price stays the same, it's not the family net worth, just the lot So yes, move in a sim whenever you want
Instructor
#443 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 4:01 AM
The Jones Family: Steve is a work-a-holic. But all work and no play make Steve a dull guy. So he needs a place where, when he has the time, he can relax and let loose. He likes a simple, yet tasteful look. Budget 40,000

Alright, Steve Jones is slight headache inducing only because of association, and how much his name sounds like Steve Jobs. So, back on topic. It took me a bit to separate the two in my head.

So, this is Steve Jones place. He is simple, and he has a few vices that allow him to have a nice break from the office. Unfortunately, he has a habit of bringing that work home with him.

-

Steve was not pleased with the 'trailer' look, and the fact that he now lives next door to that very noisy Broke woman and her kids, Steve wanted to separate himself as far from them as possible.

retired moderator
#444 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RowenaLupin
These days he has to sleep with a flashlight beside his bed because sometimes that Broke boy from next door likes to sneak into his hot tub with a Gothic redhead chick, and he often has to chase them out of his yard.

What? Dustin is two-timing his gf with HER TWIN? Oh the drama in your hood!
Instructor
#445 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 4:17 AM
Aye, for some odd reason I really like Lilith with Dustin. I guess because they're both so rebellious and misunderstood. So I have a small weakness for Lil and Dust together.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#446 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 4:27 AM
Oh good, thanks jones. Another question: If we have cc with ridiculous price tags can we alter those in simpe? I have flour and biscuit tins running at $4,000 each! Or is making them a more reasonable price like $50 cheating?

Also thanks for the bedding Lipe. Now I know why I couldn't find it I thought it was HugeLunatic's.

~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#447 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 4:40 AM Last edited by jones7659 : 21st Oct 2012 at 4:50 AM.
As long as you are adjusting them to a price that's comparable to a similar object I don't see a problem with it

And here is my round one "play along" for the Mason family. Bill is sort of a sim version of my dad, who's also named Bill My mom died when I was little too, so this little family is kind of like me and my dad, at least that's what I was thinking when I came up with them. Elise is my youngest daughter's name
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#448 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 10:19 AM Last edited by godspeed : 24th Oct 2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Remake
Default 35 Woodland Drive Makeover Round 2
I have done the Gardener Family for my Round 2 Makeover
Field Researcher
#449 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
And here is my round one "play along" for the Mason family. Bill is sort of a sim version of my dad, who's also named Bill My mom died when I was little too, so this little family is kind of like me and my dad, at least that's what I was thinking when I came up with them. Elise is my youngest daughter's name

That's a story...Sometimes Sims is more that a simple game. Is something that we use to bring back memories, sometimes even to alter reality...for as long as we are in "our" virtual world.

MAB
Theorist
#450 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 8:59 PM
For Round Two, I chose the Gardner family.

The required pictures:

Because the outside of the house is more important to Rose than the inside, here are multiple views:

However, this isn't a landscaping contest, so here are some pictures of the inside.

But just like Mr. Jones, Ms. Gardner has a secret...

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15

Page 18 of 45