Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#451 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 9:49 PM
Love seeing all the pictures, but dang you are all so fast! Right now my place looks like a dogs breakfast as I've gone through the catalogue and slung stuff all over the lawn that *I might use* And Esme your view of her is very similar to mine except in one point...and yes I'm doing Rose for this house too.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#452 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 9:59 PM
I too am doing Rose for this one and even have a story that goes along! I never do a story...I'll be posting this today or tomorrow! Love all the different possibilties we each see the same property. :lovestruc
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#453 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 10:28 PM
I'm doing Rose too Takes me ages to decorate a house. I shan't put it up until the scores are out, in case i want to change anything. I'm really enjoying this challenge And I love reading all the comments and stories, might just have to write one myself.
Field Researcher
#454 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 9:36 PM
Just to warn you all that I may have to cause your scores for round 1 to be ever so slightly late (only a lil bit...less than a day) because I have some atrocious toothache at the moment. Going to keep working though the entries for a lil bit longer tonight, then dose up on some more painkillers so I can get a good nights sleep and finish them off in the morn. Many apologies, but I'll get it done asap, promise

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#455 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 9:40 PM
Ouch Croutonian, don't worry about us, worry about your tooth. I know exactly how a bad tooth ache can be. Hope you can get it seen to quickly as you do not want an absess-trust me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#456 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 11:35 PM Last edited by sharill63 : 2nd Nov 2012 at 5:40 PM. Reason: Updated pics and story
Gardner

Okie Dokie...Here is my first ever, story for a contest!

Coming from a small farming community, Mary Jean Smith was ready to branch out and enjoy life...on her terms! She was born in the early 1950's and was just entering her early 20's when the "Make Love Not War"/Hippie movement started.

She joined a commune, changed her name to Sunbeam Rose Petal Gardner and soon found she loved growing and nurturing flowers.

By the disco era, she wanted out and purchased her first and only home. The single-wide "trailer" house was just what she was looking for! Over the years, she has furnished her home with finds from yard sales and freebies on the street. While she may physically live in the 21st century, her eccentric self still believes it is 1972! Her craft room is also her sales room and she makes a nice modest living from her flower sales.

She freshens her real rose petal rug every night so when she goes to bed she can fall asleep with her favorite fragrance. Of course, her outdoor patio is her favorite spot to relax and recharge!

Lab Assistant
#457 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Croutonian
Just to warn you all that I may have to cause your scores for round 1 to be ever so slightly late (only a lil bit...less than a day) because I have some atrocious toothache at the moment. Going to keep working though the entries for a lil bit longer tonight, then dose up on some more painkillers so I can get a good nights sleep and finish them off in the morn. Many apologies, but I'll get it done asap, promise

Oh Croutonian, I had a wisdom tooth that went bad and my Lord did that hurt. When your tooth hurts, it's like your whole body succumbs to it. Bless your heart. Just take care and we will be here when you are able to be here with us. Take care you!! Hugs from here.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#458 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 10:01 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 25th Oct 2012 at 1:38 PM.
I had some extra time this week and spent way too long on decorating this house. I think given this is just the kind of decorating I love to do didn't hurt.

The Gardener Family: Rose loves plants. She is happy and easy going. Not too concerned with material things, she's happy as long as she's surrounded with flowers. Budget: 40,000

I should have asked first, is it okay that I added a cat?! I had this vision of Rose and ran with it without thinking.
Edit: Changing my bathroom wallpaper due to it being TSR.

~Call me Jo~
#459 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 12:52 PM Last edited by GlorianaGlowbee : 23rd Oct 2012 at 1:41 PM.
I finally finished, the hardest part was the picture taking this time. I took a top-down of the entire yard with value, but you can't see the interior all that well. I have a clearer top down, but couldn't get the yard and value in without blocking out a bunch of stuff. I decided to go with the whole yard view, I hope the other pics are good enough to make up for the lack of detail in the top down.

I chose The Gardener Family for Round Two. I imagined Rose having a fixer-upper house that she never actually fixes up because she's too busy tending garden. The majority of her love and care takes place outside. (Oh, and I totally flaked and only just got the "Rose Gardener" play on words about an hour ago, haha)

EDIT:
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I should have asked first, is it okay that I added a cat?! I had this vision of Rose and ran with it without thinking.

I hope so because I added one too, lol. He's a statue, but still cuddly.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#460 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 1:05 PM
joandsarah You are free to have whatever pet you want, if you want And I so wish I had seen your pumpkins sooner, they are way better than the one's in my pumpkin patch!
#461 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 1:32 PM
Is there a way to put spoiler tags around pictures if they're attachments? I can't figure it out. When I go to edit the post itself, just the thumbnail links for in-line are listed.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#462 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 1:38 PM
Put [ spoiler ] before your inline image link and [ /spoiler ] after minus the spaces. They will still show in the attachment bar at the bottom, but in the main post they'll be under the button.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#463 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 1:50 PM
jones I went looking for pumpkins today and your lot came up in the search but they looked a bit large for my garden patch so I used a couple of old ones I've had forever plus a new recolourable one from BlackPearl Sims. That one is very nice it's part of the Bio Food collection.
GlorianaGlowbee has some too and they might be different to mine as well. You could always add a link to your lot.

GlorianaGlowbee I love your kitchen and bathroom.

~Call me Jo~
#464 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
GlorianaGlowbee has some too and they might be different to mine as well. You could always add a link to your lot.

GlorianaGlowbee I love your kitchen and bathroom.

My pumpkins and cabbages are by Kativip from GOS: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=20565.0

She made a farm series with an awesome pumpkin cart in it, but I didn't use it. Find it here: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=21451.0

@Joandsarah:

I love your kitchen too (and your kitty)! WCIF the stove? I must have it!

Also, WCIF the plants in the pretty pots from your hallway?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#465 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 2:22 PM
GlorianaGlowbee, I'll check out where the plants are from tomorrow as it's getting late at night over here, but the stove was originally from another site but the fixed vertion is from here. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=465110 There are some recolours in seperate uploads as well.

~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#467 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 2:18 AM
Ooh, such pretty garden stuff! joandsarah77 the shelving unit in your living room is nice, and the potted plants on the floor next to it are super cute, wcif? GlorianaGlowbee, wcif the garden trellises with the climbing roses? HL, is that a matching table to the kitchen chairs? OMG love! Wcif them and also the oval braided rugs?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#469 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 2:58 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 24th Oct 2012 at 3:11 AM.
The coloured pot plants are by nengi65 as are most of the plants, I just used an OMPS to put them in the pots. Not sure where you would get them now, but they may be on the Graveyard http://files.sims2graveyard.com/nengi65/ or on LeeFish http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=4139

The large brown bookcase/shelfing unit? That is a converted Sims 3 object. That should be in here http://ts3-conversions.tumblr.com/ It’s an awesome list of objects but it takes awhile to load and look through, it's also very side tracking!

HugeLunatic I love your bedroom. WCIF the purple bedroom curtains, the pillows and the pictures?

~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#470 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 4:12 AM
#471 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 9:46 AM
@Joandsarah

Thank you so much for links! I know that conversion list well, it's like a goldmine!

@Phaenoh:

The columns and the roses are separate. I got the awesome columns from Kativip's farm set: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=21451.0

The roses are proving harder for me to locate. Luna made them for TS3, and I originally spotted the conversion here: http://322cdb.livejournal.com/27510.html (scroll down, pic in lower left corner) but the link to BPS is dead now. I did a search but I can't seem to find another location for them.

Instructor
#472 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 1:48 PM
You know, I have now gained nearly 2gigs because of this contest. *stares blankly*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#473 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 2:01 PM
I haven't looked...

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#474 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 3:00 PM
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#475 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 4:43 PM
Last night I downloaded over 3,500 packages thanks to just one wcif link. It had great stuff so I scrolled and clicked links, and damn. I need to go through and pair down the stuff that came with the things I actually wanted, and try to get my iCad wood and anna recolors under control. o.O

Page 19 of 45