Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#476 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 5:43 PM
I went S3toS2 conversion download crazy. Now I'm a little worried my laptop will explode. HC's Creation has some great stuff, plus I got an insane amount of recolors from GOS.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#477 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 7:02 PM
I think I'm creating a TS3-TS2 hybrid that will probably take two whole hours to load! So many awesome things, thank you so much for sharing those links :D
#478 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lipe2k
I think I'm creating a TS3-TS2 hybrid that will probably take two whole hours to load! So many awesome things, thank you so much for sharing those links :D

I know what you mean! I've downloaded so many conversions from TS3 that sometimes I get disoriented in TS2 like "Wait, what the frak am I playing right now?".

I've started an "on hold" downloads folder, just because I don't want to break my game before the contest ends with all the new stuff.

I'll just have to break it later, haha.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#479 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 9:40 PM
I should not have looked. -_- I now have 39 thousand files. I really must weed through things.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#480 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 12:41 AM
Sorry you guys still don't have your scores. Hopefully we'll have them up tomorrow. I was going to say I am extending the round till Saturday, when I realized that the first post says you have till next Friday anyway, which was not what it was supposed to say. It was only supposed to be one week per round, so I'm sorry if it confused anyone, but as the first round was only one week, I want to keep this at one week (with an extra day because of late scores). If anyone was thrown off by my posting the wrong deadline, let me know I'll extend it even more for you! So sorry!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#481 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 1:28 AM
That's okay, I just hope Croutonian got her tooth seen to.

I saw that date and wondered about it. I'd rather not wait another whole week to find out which house we are doing next.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#482 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 1:44 AM
@GlorianaGlowbee: I have that mod in that takes away all of the red and I had a terrible time in this tiny, tiny house taking photo's too. I am used to the cammeraman mode now, but....... in tiny spaces I am fortunate to get one good photo in. I think I have improved but it isn't easy as you said and it was the part I dreaded the most too. lol You did a great job! I love your house too!! Oh, I found out how to put roofs on, it was easy. lol I have learned so much in this contest. I am so glad I was able to join. I took some photo's of my sims and posted them on FB. Cammeraman mode works wonders to show off your sims. One of them has on a new lipstick I created. So many of you have shared your knowledge and links. I am truly grateful and you are always inspiring. Thank you!!!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#483 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 5:33 AM
Well, it took me all day, but I have combed through my entire downloads. Every single mesh, every single recolor. (edit: wait, non inclusive of bodyshop) Of the 3500 files I downloaded yesterday, only 1800 remain. My downloads folder is sitting at a pretty 1.95gb. There is a two page tiny spaced two column list of things that I need to edit in simpe; most is just in a stupid category, others require repo linking. I like my folder to run lean and mean. Does anyone else do this?

Lucia940, to get pictures in the tiny rooms, sometimes I delete the wall that I'm backing up into just for the photo so I can get further from it. Just make sure to press undo!

jones, I'm getting pretty antsy on those scores, will they be up soonish? I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting on doing the next house until they see their scores and how the judges feel about our decorating tastes, but we are running out of time for this round!
Lab Assistant
#484 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 5:58 AM
I am so envious of all the technically talented people in this contest! I have been able to download some patterns, but more advanced pieces I am still having problems. I review the tuts and follow the instructions, but it still isn't working.

But, I have been blessed with tenacity and will keep trying

*edited because writer has gotten a little confused between the TS2 and TS3 contests she is in.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#485 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 6:09 AM
Phae, I'm hoping to have them up tomorrow. I will extend the round at least one full day past when the scores are posted. Sorry it's taking so long I would be one waiting for the scores also, so I understand.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#486 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 8:55 AM
I did wonder about the date but i've finished mine now so shall post the pics later when i've taken them. chomping at the bit for the scores tho.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#487 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GlorianaGlowbee
Will I be required to provide lists of custom content I use (prices and such) and/or info on where to find the items for download? If yes, is there an example somewhere of how to format/include that list with my application pics?

Hahahahahaha, looking back at the first page, maybe I should have made this a rule Would have saved on the WCIFs, lol.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#488 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 1:33 PM
So sorry I'm off to edit my bathroom picture as I just realized tonight while going through files that i used a TSR wall paper.

~Call me Jo~
#489 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
Hahahahahaha, looking back at the first page, maybe I should have made this a rule Would have saved on the WCIFs, lol.

Ahaha! Then we'd all totally need two weeks per lot. One week to create the lot and list, and one week to track down all the links online, haha.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Scholar
#490 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 9:28 PM Last edited by Selly_2009 : 25th Oct 2012 at 9:38 PM.
Still here lurking, still loving all the entries, still... resisting looking at all the WCIFs! If I look my Downloads folder could end up twice the size it is already...

I missed Croutonian's post about her tooth, but I too hope it's been sorted - I know the last time one of my wisdom teeth played up I was taking the maximum dose of ibuprofen available OTC, and that only dampened it down to a tolerable level...

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#491 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 9:49 PM
I'm doubly sorry now as I found another item from a pay site.. I thought I was being carful but obviously not. I don't have my game running and it's the house that is from the first round. A toaster that I thought was BPS is TSR. I'll get my game running and change that as soon as I can, but it will take awhile.

~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#492 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 10:07 PM
joandsarah was it pay from TSR? If it was free and not from a Featured Artist, it can stay.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#493 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 10:29 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 25th Oct 2012 at 11:35 PM.
The wall might have been free, the toaster I'm not too sure. I actually thought we weren’t allowed to use TSR stuff at all, so that's good to know. I'll check out if it's free or not although as I have some free time this morning it may be simpler to load up (20+ minutes) and retake the picture of the kitchen.

No it's cashcraft. I've retaken the kitchen and overhead picture and edited my post.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#494 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The wall might have been free, the toaster I'm not too sure. I actually thought we weren’t allowed to use TSR stuff at all, so that's good to know. I'll check out if it's free or not although as I have some free time this morning it may be simpler to load up (20+ minutes) and retake the picture of the kitchen.

No it's cashcraft. I've retaken the kitchen and overhead picture and edited my post.

TSR has released lots of their pay items now... just saying...

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
- J. Krishnamurti
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#495 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 1:18 AM
Yeah but how do you know which ones are and which aren't? Also Cashcraft is a featured artist.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#496 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Well, it took me all day, but I have combed through my entire downloads. Every single mesh, every single recolor. (edit: wait, non inclusive of bodyshop) Of the 3500 files I downloaded yesterday, only 1800 remain. My downloads folder is sitting at a pretty 1.95gb. There is a two page tiny spaced two column list of things that I need to edit in simpe; most is just in a stupid category, others require repo linking. I like my folder to run lean and mean. Does anyone else do this?

Lucia940, to get pictures in the tiny rooms, sometimes I delete the wall that I'm backing up into just for the photo so I can get further from it. Just make sure to press undo!

jones, I'm getting pretty antsy on those scores, will they be up soonish? I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting on doing the next house until they see their scores and how the judges feel about our decorating tastes, but we are running out of time for this round!

Phaenoh: I appreciate the information. The rooms as you know are TINY! lol I would have to remember to press undo. I will keep this in mind so I can get into those tight spaces. I can't even imagine how I got the pictures I did get. Where's the undo button?? lol I swear, I have never done a contest like this, but it's fun. A bit stressful, but fun. I have learned from everyone, and have downloaded some of your things and others. Now I am trying to ignore the WCIF posts. lol Thank you again!! I do however want to know where I can find those dishes in the drainer that Lipe uses all the time. lol :P
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#497 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 9:20 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#498 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 9:42 AM
boblishman's dish rack is in mine as well. I have the recolours as well http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=489135

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#499 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 10:05 AM
I hope that the scores will come up soon and Round 3 will start up coz due to out festive season I may not be able to log in for few days....

In this world people may throw stones in the path of your success, it depends on you ….. What you make from them …… a wall or a bridge.. What's Your TS2 Business?
Test Subject
#500 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yeah but how do you know which ones are and which aren't? Also Cashcraft is a featured artist.

Just go to the page where the object is, it will tell you.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
- J. Krishnamurti

Page 20 of 45