Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#401 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 12:39 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 9th Nov 2018 at 2:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Sunrader asked me on my supermarket upload http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=619543

Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I am curious about other things you use and what your own store looks like. Would you consider showing us a few pics of the version you play?

I wanted a shop that could sell singular ingredients like a packet of flour, a carton of eggs, a loaf of bread etc. Before this I just had a few staples in my smaller shops, but I wanted a larger one with a bigger range. Basically it's the same shop but with a whole lot more CC added, especially the single ingredients. ...Then I want my playable sims to have ingredients on hand to be allowed to make certain dishes.

The cooler that I added to the frozen section has singular frozen pizza, butter, milk, ice cream, yoghurt and milk drinks.
The other areas have flour, salt, sugar, eggs, bread, Vegemite.

Thanks so much for the mention so I wouldn't miss this, I love your thinking - my sims need eggs to make waffles, so i have to build an entire grocery store of single ingredients... sounds like the way I play. We'd never think, yeah, too bad, no waffles for you, have some chips for breakfast. I started a whole chicken farm when mine needed eggs, but I love the idea of them buying flour, butter, milk, etc... do you have a few good sources for finding the individual ingredients? Also, this is probably in the thread somewhere and I'll look, but, if you have time, can you link to your favorite stockable shelves? I have boocoodles of empty bookshelves, but not store shelves.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#402 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 5:34 PM
To your point about buying individual ingredients @Sunrader, I don't normally do my grocery stores in so much detail, but I like to stratify what sims can buy depending on where they go to shop. Poorer areas have simpler stores, with just the standard food to buy, but in wealthier stores I use PC Sims fish and fruit kiosks so sims can buy more expensive produce. I've built fisheries before where I have sims catch fish that can then be sold to these stores (which is fun and satisfies the constant wants to fish that they randomly get. I had a poor father of two do part time work at the fishery to earn small wages for his family). I've also enjoyed doing orchards where sims work picking fruit to sell to grocery store owners (I set up a payment via sim wardrobe's checkbook so that it's limited to just grocery stores) and I also have community gardens sometimes for poorer areas, so that they can have some of the crops wealthier regions get. A sim living there has to roll a want for a garden plot though, and it has to make sense for that sim. Then I interpret it as a desire to form a community garden.

I use the crops from Sun & Moon on Plumbob Keep. There is SOOOO much variety there, and so many ways to plant, grow, and sell food! It can expand your game wonderfully - especially if you want to have certain crops grow in certain places. I'm trying to resist adding a farming town to every hood!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#403 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Thanks so much for the mention so I wouldn't miss this, I love your thinking - my sims need eggs to make waffles, so i have to build an entire grocery store of single ingredients... sounds like the way I play. We'd never think, yeah, too bad, no waffles for you, have some chips for breakfast. I started a whole chicken farm when mine needed eggs, but I love the idea of them buying flour, butter, milk, etc... do you have a few good sources for finding the individual ingredients? Also, this is probably in the thread somewhere and I'll look, but, if you have time, can you link to your favorite stockable shelves? I have boocoodles of empty bookshelves, but not store shelves.

I am still looking and wanting totally empty shelves that well act as shelves! If you look carefully at my picture you will see I used shelves from my grocery store upload. So some areas have the wrong items. Those are linked in my supermarket uplaod. I also used some 7-11 shelves (health isle) but they don't work as shelves! I used a dozen OMSP on them which is not what I wanted to do. If I ever wanted to play this shop no doubt I would have for sale signs all across the road from placing things on OMSP's.

Did I show those two pictures? That is exnem foods in the bakery area.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#404 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 12:08 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 10th Nov 2018 at 12:22 AM.
I am still looking and wanting totally empty shelves that well act as shelves! If you look carefully at my picture you will see I used shelves from my grocery store upload. So some areas have the wrong items. Those are linked in my supermarket uplaod. I also used some 7-11 shelves (health isle) but they don't work as shelves! I used a dozen OMSP on them which is not what I wanted to do. If I ever wanted to play this shop no doubt I would have for sale signs all across the road from placing things on OMSP's.

Did I show those two pictures? That is exnem foods in the bakery area.

I use leefish and hugelunatic's empty shelves a lot, but, as far as I know, they are only the bookcases, not the shop ones. Someone must have done it, though, right? For the OMSPs, did you ever get your friend to fix the OMSP turn off and stay off thing? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=614460 That would help.

Quote: Originally posted by terula8
I also have community gardens sometimes for poorer areas, so that they can have some of the crops wealthier regions get. A sim living there has to roll a want for a garden plot though, and it has to make sense for that sim. Then I interpret it as a desire to form a community garden.

I use the crops from Sun & Moon on Plumbob Keep. There is SOOOO much variety there, and so many ways to plant, grow, and sell food! It can expand your game wonderfully - especially if you want to have certain crops grow in certain places. I'm trying to resist adding a farming town to every hood!

Oh, poo, why resist?! I'm a huge fan of their harvestable fruit trees. They exist on nearly every lot I build. I'm also huge on community gardens. I work hard to create one where a lot of it is harvestable every time the sims visit. I def have one in every hood.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#405 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 12:37 AM
No her life is hectic right now, but I did mention it to her. She has said though that each OMSP has to be added to the mod, and it isn't a simple fix, so she would only add the main silentlucidity ones.

I have so many farms...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#406 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 12:53 PM
No her life is hectic right now, but I did mention it to her. She has said though that each OMSP has to be added to the mod, and it isn't a simple fix, so she would only add the main silentlucidity ones.

I have so many farms...

I think I am only using those anyway.
Scholar
#407 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 3:29 PM
I am still looking and wanting totally empty shelves that well act as shelves!

Would this help?
A&N-ShopRack.zip (92 kB)

Display Shopping Rack, extracted from Simsâ„¢ 2 Angel and Nurses Stuff
Bonvoyage required (code is based on souvenir racks)
Only available at community lots and are in the miscellaneous part of the catalogue (same place as the magazine rack) for §2580.
Comes in a couple of colours, the sign on the top can be removed by temporarily placing a second Rack on the same tile with MoveObjects on.
The shelves are sized to exactly fit together side by side or back to back to form a single unit.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#408 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 8:42 PM
Thanks Chris, that's nice of you. They look like rather nice newsagency/papershop type shelves so yes.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#409 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 8:52 PM
I have a lot of deco books, didn't realize you can't put them on anything and mark them for sell (?). But I got Chris's, because CRIS HATCH!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#410 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 8:57 PM
Default old, but...
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
What about death by flies? Did that ever happen to your sims?
-------
I just noticed this old post, but...I've never had a death by flies, and I've TRIED! And the only death by lighting was using a modded "spy" thing; Sim came inside to set it down and THEN was struch (INSIDE the house!) and died.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#411 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 1:23 AM
@Sunrader has very kindly made a list of the mods mentioned on this thread. Thank you for that. :lovestruc I am going to add the list under a spoiler to the first post.

I added a new business to Coral Bay yesterday, a Pizza shop. I probably should come up with a name too. Originally this was Moo's Pizza shop here:http://modthesims.info/d/387319/moo...-cc-venues.html But changed around.

I plan to add more into it, but wanted to see how pcsims pizza maker would go in a business. I quickly found that the pizzas would only sell for $1. I have hopefully fixed that this morning by making the price $40. I will add more pics later. I also have to see if the pizza's can be restockable from inventory, at the moment they are missing the BHAV's.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#412 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 7:09 AM
Name it Moo's Pizza Shop!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#413 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 11:16 PM
I think it came with a name similar to that!

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#414 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 8:19 PM
@Sunrader has very kindly made a list of the mods mentioned on this thread. Thank you for that. :lovestruc I am going to add the list under a spoiler to the first post.

I added a new business to Coral Bay yesterday, a Pizza shop. I probably should come up with a name too. Originally this was Moo's Pizza shop here:http://modthesims.info/d/387319/moo...-cc-venues.html But changed around.

I plan to add more into it, but wanted to see how pcsims pizza maker would go in a business. I quickly found that the pizzas would only sell for $1. I have hopefully fixed that this morning by making the price $40. I will add more pics later. I also have to see if the pizza's can be restockable from inventory, at the moment they are missing the BHAV's.

How do you make an object restockable? I'm assuming BHAVs have to be added in SimPE, but I have no idea which ones.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#415 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:09 PM
I am waiting on my friend to have some free time to show me. I really want things to be made and restocked from inventory.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#416 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 10:05 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 28th Nov 2018 at 10:31 PM.
I know this is from ages ago, but I can't find anything like the burglar/nightstick that was being mentioned in this thread. It is not in the PCsims bank set, there is only the gun - I wondered if that was the thing, but further reading proves otherwise.

I have read through this thread several times, and can no longer find where the security stick was talked about, sorry. Hope you know what I mean anyway.

There is so much inspiration here. I am tempted to show some of my own lots, but since I have to specially load the windowed version to take photos, I have no pics so far. But thank you to all who have shared their ideas and tips, it has been invaluable to me.

In case it is helpful, ZenaDewDrop has updated the Katy76 electronics station so it works and looks better:
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...d6cff90908b6d6b
Edit - That link seems to be throwing an error, and I don't understand why...the download is in the Garden of Shadows HobbyLobby thread.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#417 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 10:35 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 29th Nov 2018 at 12:53 AM.
The stick should be in the bank set, that's where I got it from- I thought. I will check in game later today and see what it's called.

My new laundromat. I ended up having to take away one bench/counter and add a half wall as he kept wanting to get to the till by going through sims who were buying the packages of detergent.

Once the detergent packages all sold out sims started to use the washer and dryers.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#418 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 2:51 AM
I can't find the Hobby Lobby thread. What section is it under?
Alchemist
#419 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 10:01 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 29th Nov 2018 at 10:12 AM.
Default Coastal Strip Roadside Stalls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
I can't find the Hobby Lobby thread. What section is it under?

Try this...
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...p?topic=35576.0

That seems to work. The crafting station is on page 3.

I am thinking of posting some picks, having gone to the trouble of loading the Windowed game today to take some. A pain to work with, but Win10 seems to have broken screen captures pretty thoroughly.

Coastal Strip (must find a real name!) is run according to my own variation on a BACC. My founders are only in their second spring, so businesses are just beginning really. They have three roadside stalls, two of them still struggling. And a Rosenwald school for the kiddies, staffed by Julius Rosenwald himself.

They have just proudly acquired a little Town Hall and an even littler Post Office, but those are unplayed as yet.

The produce stalls are very basic - an awning for shelter, a privy, maybe something to sit on. The fish stall has a teensy pond hidden behind the greenery, although it has been frozen over all Spring so far. The Perrys are doing the best, and have managed some proper shelves. Everyone relies on family to help out, although the Fisher kids are not old enough yet, so it's all down to Emily. As things develop, some families may open actual shops, or that may be left to newcomers from CAS as they arrive.

I make sure someone gets in a bit of cash register practice before the customers arrive, and final restocking happens after closing.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#420 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 10:15 AM
Link still not working. For some reason it isn't registering the full link and is cutting it off.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#421 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 11:13 AM
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...?topic=35576.30

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#422 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 12:03 PM
The stick should be in the bank set, that's where I got it from- I thought. I will check in game later today and see what it's called.

My new laundromat. I ended up having to take away one bench/counter and add a half wall as he kept wanting to get to the till by going through sims who were buying the packages of detergent.

Once the detergent packages all sold out sims started to use the washer and dryers.

Oooo, big love. For some reason, I just love laundry stuff in Sims. I even created a basement laundry room in a house that's made to look like a duplex apartment. The room is basically just for show, as no one has any real reason to go down there and I play for autonomy, but I love it anyway.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#423 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 12:11 PM
That's laundry dedication.

@aelflaed Here is the alarm that brings a burglar and the police, it should be in the pcsims bank set.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#424 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 3:19 PM
Thanks!

Do you have the usable washers and dryers in the laundry room?
Mad Poster
#425 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 5:27 PM
Page 17 of 18