Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nonamena
Maybe try out the Above Reproach LTR? Also, this mod might help: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=446164

and it is compatible with 1.29.

Thanks, I'll try both the Above Reproach LTR and the KillAll version of the Romantic Rep Recombobulator.

I think there should be three types of relationships in the game:
- Open relationships, in which nothing should be considered cheating since the sims involved in this kind of relationship are all consenting their romantic interests to be free with other sims;
- Closed non-monogamous relationships, in which more than two sims are in a committed relationship and any romantic interaction with any other sim should be considered cheating;
- Closed monogamous relationships, in which it's just two sims and any romantic interaction with any other sim is considered cheating.

EA, life is not just black and white.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 2:57 PM
I think the issue is EA painted themselves into a corner with this. People used to be able to have their sims have whatever romantic relationships they wanted just using no jealousy. But once they put the romantic rep into the game, they've forced the issue. I'm not sure they could change the relationship types without raising the rating.

The best thing they coudl do, would be to introduce a few personality types to cover up their mistake, this might counteract the romantic rep which is the big problem.

Faithful. Sort of self explanatory.
Free Spirit. This can be the type of sim who doesn't care for traditional relationships, doesn't get jealous, and is well, a free spirit.

This way they don't have to really define the non-traditional relationship. They can leave it up to the player.

OTherwise, I'm all for removing romantic rep. It does nothing but zoink players and its not fun. Allow an option for people to disable it would be great.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rope
Things are totally not working as I'd like them to be with my poly triad of sims.

Simply using the No Jealousy reward is not doing much. Aside from the romantic reputation being constantly ruined and my sims being publicly disgraced, I'm now having fights in the household. Sims are accusing each other of cheating on their own accord and I can't even dismiss that action once it comes up. They are now getting mad at each other but I don't see how this could be happening. They all have the No Jealousy reward and even the Stone Hearted reward which is supposed to tone down all the dramas.

Can't more then two sims be romantically involved with each other without having to deal with these stupid "cheatings" and undismissable accusations?

I just tried having my three female sims all get in a relationship, Scarlett, Sable and Raven. The former two were married and they are based on characters in a story of mine who are in a threesome relationship, Scarlett (The Sim) was also the legacy heir.

However once I tried Sable and Raven getting it on (After making all three of them getting a No Jealously reward), but Scarlett chucked a mental fit (Hey nimrod, you are meant to be in a relationship with both, she is not freaking cheating on you, ironic in my story Scarlett calls someone a nimrod).

So sadly I killed Sable off, then I killed Raven off and then I killed Scarlett off, lucky she had a kid with an dead ex husband so he is the new legacy heir, because if I cannot have Scarlett, Sable and Raven all in a romance together then Scarlett's story ends there in the Sims 3 and so does the other two.

I hate how you can't have all three of them in. But no Scarlett accuses Sable of cheating >.>. By the way I am sick of the CHEATING REPUTATION!, Scarlett was married but her husband Sawyer died, waiting for her to finish grieving then she moved onto Sable after the 3 day moodlet was gone, yet she got a freaking Naughty Rep. It's clear EA doesn't want our sims to move on after one sim dies (I should mention after Sable's death I made Scarlett sleep with Raven considering that was supposed to happen, then Raven got the naughty rep, although she died not long after with Scarlett following suit).

EA really needs to get the hell out of the 20th century. Sims are criticized for having a child out of wedlock, you can't have Woohoo unless you love that Sim, it's cheating even if all three sims love each other, teenagers get picked up by the police after 6am. Really, if I had the Sims game.. well okay it would be M rated and above but to be honest I wouldn't care (No offense to those who would, but not all games should have to be toned down so much because kids might play it), but it would have a lot more freedom.

Oh another thing. Sable and Raven were having Woohoo in a basement underneath the Military base (They were both celebrities for some stupid reason) where no one was. How the hell could Scarlett even know about that or anyone for that matter? Even better why the hell does Scarlett get away with accusing Sable of cheating when she could easily tell her she has no proof.

And not able to disable the sims accusations or scolding or have teenagers run from the cops or even just cancel the damn interaction is not a sandbox. Sims 2 was a more free controlled game where you could pretty much control it. Sims 3 is hardly anything but free.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
I suspect someone at EA has abandonment issues. What one cannot readily imagine, one will not effectively automate.

Janet has two kinds of thanks-for-a-lovely-evening kisses. One says "I like you and want to see you again"; the other says that plus "You're welcome to come in." In my view neither kind says "we are now in a committed relationship," but in the game's view apparently all kisses do.

Memo to self: do not date EA developers and especially do not kiss them. There could be hell to pay.

Or maybe everybody at EA just really likes starting drama. The sims is certainly the best place to make your own soap opera.

On topic: I thought I saw a mod for polygamy, but likely it was polyamorous relationships. One thing's for certain: there will NEVER be threesomes. Not even a freak-dancing sandwich at your local nightclub.

Eat some sand, make a pearl.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 26th May 2012 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by uchuujin
Or maybe everybody at EA just really likes starting drama. The sims is certainly the best place to make your own soap opera.

On topic: I thought I saw a mod for polygamy, but likely it was polyamorous relationships. One thing's for certain: there will NEVER be threesomes. Not even a freak-dancing sandwich at your local nightclub.

you did actually. I still want to know why it wasn't updated and I never got an answer. I know the guy who originally made it quit making mods because people were stealing his stuff but he had someone take over and I don't know why they don't have it anymore (funny thing, the person is still a member of the site with a few mods but the polygamy one is completely gone. who deleted the thread? the person? or the actual site?) I guess I don't care much about the polygamy anymore..I've given up because I've already made a copy of myself and my two men and I wouldn't feel like redoing the neighborhood. I just wish I had some answers though. I know it wouldn't be the same but OP I think you should made copies of the people like I did because that's the best you're going to get (I know it would have been nice to get no jealousy instead)
anyway to contribute more to this thread, why do you say there will never be threesomes?
is it too difficult to animate?
Test Subject
#31 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 3:02 AM
You can use wicked whims or the open love life mod.
Instructor
#32 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 5:29 AM
Ummm this is a thread from 2012, and those are mods for Sims4 not 3.
Page 2 of 2