Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default Horse Eyes

by corapntr Posted 3rd Dec 2012 at 1:56 PM - Updated 4th Dec 2012 at 6:22 PM by corapntr

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 8:27 PM
They look awesome http://redharestables.weebly.com/rhs-watch-me-move.html

Though sometimes the eyes turns white...:/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 8:54 PM
These are truly wonderful, thank you so much! ♥
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dweiathecat
They look awesome http://redharestables.weebly.com/rhs-watch-me-move.html

Though sometimes the eyes turns white...:/

When does this happen? Did you clear your cache?

I notice that if you are zoomed it takes time for it to render. Add to this that when the eye colors are very light they may look white as it is rendering. zoom back in and then it should look normal. If not please screenshot.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 12:31 AM
Thanks for these! I've been waiting for someone to fix them.
Test Subject
#30 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shiann
Thank you so much! :'D these are absolutely gorgeous! No more editing eyes in screenshots for me :D

EDIT 1 Gorgeous though these are it seems I have one little bug...
It seems the left eye is lighter than the right eye...

EDIT 2: I cleared my Caches and the problem went away. I thought about just deleting my last edit but I figure someone else may have the same issue. ^_^" These are just perfect! Thank you! :D

I've been having the same issue. One eye is lighter, and also rotated outward more than the other one. I've cleared my caches, and made sure I don't have any other conflicting packages, any ideas? Beautiful eyes though, hope I can get this solved so I can use them properly
Test Subject
#31 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 4:53 AM
Yea, I'm having the issue again. It's really bumming me out. It seems the right eye is actually darker, because on my gypsy vanner I based off my IRL horse, the eye color is very pale, almost white, but on the right eye, it's dark blue... The left eye is more accurate. o-o

EDIT: The horse that's my avatar, actually! I just remembered that. But I edited those long before these came out. Those aren't these. These are legit though. xD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 5:42 AM
Tunifish and shiann, I'll be working on this and I've noticed this sporadically myself and couldn't reproduce it. I think I know the issue you're talking about but would you mind screenshotting it? I believe I know what I must do though and that is manually create mip maps.

Worst case scenario is that it could be a shader issue or general EA texture fail issue. This is the one reason why horses were such a problem to mod as for a while the default ea textures were wall eyed. Took me around 2 days to un-wall eye the ea textures, and then the textures fixed themselves and my fixed horses became wall eyed again.

I could not replicate it when it happened. It just happened.

Also do you have further horse mods? A user reported a conflict with a tail mod on equis sims.
Test Subject
#33 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 1:28 PM
I'll have to screenshot it for you tonight, I have to go to school, hehe...

I'm also on Equus and we were talking about the bug, but the conflict with the tail mod causes the sclera to be more visible, which doesn't bother me.
I'll experiment with the tails when I get on as well, to see if they change anything.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#34 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 2:41 PM
Finally! Thank you so much for these, looks awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 4:26 PM
I rarely gush, but these eyes are eerily perfect. They have depth, they have perfect shadows, they take away that weird cartoony look . . . I kind of love you forever. If we ever meet irl, I am so making you cookies.
Test Subject
#36 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 4:31 PM
Default Reply
Quote: Originally posted by shiann
I'll have to screenshot it for you tonight, I have to go to school, hehe...

I'm also on Equus and we were talking about the bug, but the conflict with the tail mod causes the sclera to be more visible, which doesn't bother me.
I'll experiment with the tails when I get on as well, to see if they change anything.

Sort of..it makes the highlight and sclera PROFOUNDLY white, haha, which makes it seem very cartoony/unrealistic. In fact, it's just completely different from what we're seeing on the details page here. I'm going to be doing some testing today though, to try and figure out the relationship between tails and eyes, if any, and maybe I can get some pictures to help out.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 7:09 PM
this is what your defaults look like ;( both eyes should be the same colour but one is noticeably more darker, love these eyes :3

Test Subject
#38 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 8:06 PM
^ Mine also look like that. That's exactly the same problem I've got, actually. I have quite a few horse mods but none should mess with the eyes. ^_^"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 8:53 PM
That is how it looks in cas for mine too but is absolutely not respective of how it looks in game which is profoundly annoying considering everything is mirrored and all the textures are the same hue. does this happen in game as well at all hours?

Shiann, do you have the tail and body? Actually all that mess with textures of the body WILL mess with the eyes.

One will try to default over the other.

I am working on getting the eyes to be compatible with the anti-shine now.
Test Subject
#40 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 1:13 AM
It seems like sometimes it's more prominent than others, I'll keep experimenting.
I'm experimenting with the tail that's naturally no-shine in game.
Also, in CAS, the eye that's lighter is closer to what you set it... I set the colors to white, and they're very dark grey in the darker eye, I don't know if this is intentional or not, but since they're different colors I thought I would bring it to your attention.
It seems to be worse at times and better at times, I haven't really paid attention to the times but I will experiment.
Here I'm using the ingame medium length tail (I don't like the plastic wrap look and it doesn't have it) which corrected the sclera, but one eye still seems lighter than the other.
Also, both eyes are set to pure, 255-255-255 white all around.

Right now it's less servere than it was when I played this morning. This morning, the light eye was like, neon color. ._. I'll try to get one of my unicorn and see if that changes anything.

Also.. I'd like to point out that even with the few issues we're having, I still absolutely /love/ these eyes.

EDIT: it's 5:57 in game and the issue seems to be gone, atm.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by corapntr

I notice that if you are zoomed it takes time for it to render. Add to this that when the eye colors are very light they may look white as it is rendering. zoom back in and then it should look normal. If not please screenshot.

I'll see if I can take a screenie when I remember it. Occationally they turn white in CAS too... Sometimes I can fix it by entering the horse in CAS or Stylist or changing the colour of their eyes but sometimes they stay white. Until I reload the game and it's random again... It's the same for the dogs btw...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 10:42 AM
Dweiathecat, yea I figure it would be a problem with the dogs as well. As a result, I think it might be a shader issue. It's behavior that hasn't fully been tested nor experimented with so I'm going to take a look to see why it happens and try different shaders.

btw thanks to everyone especially shiann you for your feedback.

I'm on finals week right now so I'm only able to to test sims for fun when I can. I'll update you with news but as always report anything weird and funky here.
Test Subject
#43 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 10:52 PM
Sorry for getting back to you so late; here's how mine appear. Not only does one eye look lighter.. It also looks crooked
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 12:20 AM
Yay! I've been waiting for some default replacements for my horses. Hate the vanilla ones. You did a really good job with these; thank you so much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#45 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 1:52 PM
These eyes look tons better in my game than the default. I thought the default ones were scary.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 7:35 AM Last edited by corapntr : 9th Dec 2012 at 8:52 AM.
@Tunifish no problems on getting back late as there is no time deadline. Just as soon as you can whenever is great. I have finals and haven't had time myself to investigate this issue since I last logged on. I'll look and see if I can replicate that with my install.

As for the crooked issue I see it clearly on yours though I need to replicate it on mine as changing the texture requires pixel perfection. I just edited this post and attached the screens that shows what the horse eyes look in mine.

Actually have a new thought, could you give me your horse sim? I think that will help me a lot with troubleshooting and replicating issues. it could also be be the breed of horse, which would be interesting....

Right now without other horse mods, you can see the eyes are shadowed according to light. It is slightly crooked likely by a pixel or so or more and if I see the issue clearly on your horse on my system it could be more than this.

Anyways on a different topic and as a response to a PM I got (I decline to state the individual as a last gesture of respect towards them) I want to respond that I don't have time to deal with unpleasantries or passive aggressive behavior especially from people who get offended when I try to help them. Also I do not have time to explain my responses.

If I said something personal (which I would not) like "you're not technically minded and would fail in your major" that is offensive and you should tell me to shod off. However, if I troubleshoot potential causes and don't mind read what you do or do not have, ie a great computer, don't be ridiculous and voice your chagrin about this. Remember that sims 3 requires correct minimal hardware as well as correct settings. In many cases it does not work out of the box and if I say to you check your settings, I'm not some automated message reply system that is giving you a hard time. It's something I experienced myself especially the video card issues which caused glitching and random crashing.

Mod authors dedicate time and patience to provide something a community can enjoy. It should go without saying that they be given a modicum of understanding and respect from the community especially if something doesn't work 100% due to a different configuration.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 6:18 PM
Hi corapntr! I'm happy to see an update with pictures from you! (not that I stalk this post..nope..)

I've checked in my game about the crooked eyes..but none of my horses have the problem. Just so y'all know, if you're using Shoreline Height's Anti-Derp Eye sliders, or have previously (for Silverdragon's eye defaults), this may be your issue.

The EA eyes are mapped a little differently, I think, by default. So they're never going to be perfect. As for coloring the two eyes, mine seem to be the same for both w/o issues..so idek what's causing that XD If anything, make sure you don't have 2 eye defaults in place at once..and never merge them.

Did you notice any difference between your eyes from before and after my anti-shine tail fixes? I'm not sure if you're able to replicate that issue. Thanks for revisiting these, I reallllllly appreciate it. I love them <3
Test Subject
#48 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 11:16 PM
I tried clearing my caches but it seems the one light eye and one dark is still the same.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 4:22 PM
Awesome !!!!
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by corapntr

hi ! eyes turn in white too :'( and if I try to change the color of eyes, my horse brown exchange

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.p...creenshot13.jpg

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.p...4Sanstitre1.png
Page 2 of 4