Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 7:38 PM Last edited by omglo : 20th Jun 2022 at 7:28 PM.
Default Solved: My floating light won't go into the water
I'm not sure if I'm missing something really obvious here, or if the game is mad because this object used to be a table, but none of the placement flags I've set in the init are allowing this little pool sphere to sit on a pond or in a pool without using move objects on. I figured I'd get another set of eyes to look at it before just uploading it as-is.

I forgot to mention it's in outdoor lighting for $0.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 10:54 PM
Pond placement worked for me as long as the terrain underneath was flat. The flag "Literal 0x0009 (allow on slope)" can be added to remove this restriction. As for the pool placeability, I investigated existing CC objects: most use "Literal 0x000A (allow in air)" and "Literal 0x0003 (allow under water)" as well as the actual "allow in pool" flag. Though this also makes the object placeable in mid air anywhere a floor tile would be.

Also: using the eyedropper tool on the object made my catalogue icons disappear. Turns out its subcategory was not properly set in the OBJD.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Azelanne
Pond placement worked for me as long as the terrain underneath was flat. The flag "Literal 0x0009 (allow on slope)" can be added to remove this restriction. As for the pool placeability, I investigated existing CC objects: most use "Literal 0x000A (allow in air)" and "Literal 0x0003 (allow under water)" as well as the actual "allow in pool" flag. Though this also makes the object placeable in mid air anywhere a floor tile would be.

Also: using the eyedropper tool on the object made my catalogue icons disappear. Turns out its subcategory was not properly set in the OBJD.

Thanks for taking a look at it for me. I'll try all of that and I'll credit you when it's posted.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 9:14 PM
I'm looking forward to download it

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.