Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2022 at 1:44 PM
I am back to playing The Sims 3
Okay, so I have been out of the Sims for a while because I couldn't get the Sims 3 to work with my new Windows 10 PC that I built in 2020.

I tried playing The Sims 4 but it just felt so empty compared to the Sims 3 and the life phase didn't really feel that different from each other so there was no sense of progress. Maybe the Sims 4 gets better with the expansion packs, but I don;t have the money to buy all of those.

I finally figured out how to get the Sims 3 working on Windows 10 so now I am back to playing it and I have to say it feels like a breath of fresh air, it is also nice to be playing it on a PC where loading my game doesn't take 45 minutes, I am not joking that is how long it use to take on my old PC not it is done in about thirty seconds.

For what may be the first time ever I am playing the game completely straight, no cheat codes, no trying to wreck my sims' lives, and only using mods that fix game bugs and offer quality of life improvements and I have to say I am having a lot of fun and it is very rewarding to play this way.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 9:09 PM
Welcome back, the sims 3 is the best sims game ever made.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 9:28 PM
You fill me with apprehension: so there are problems getting Sims 3 working with Windows 10? And here's me with a laptop that is in it's dotage, still running Windows 7, and looking for a suitable replacement, which if I want something with an SSD (so my saves won't take forever to load) will probably be running Windows 10. Transferring everything over to a new machine will be difficult enough. Not looking forward to it

But anyway, glad you're back.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 10:10 PM
Welcome back, OP!
@Elynda, I never had problems getting Sims3 to run with Windows 10. It's not everyone's experience.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 10:19 PM Last edited by Wojtek : 20th Jun 2022 at 10:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I never had problems getting Sims3 to run with Windows 10.
Neither have I

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 11:33 AM
I wish I could still run Win 7, I loved it. I loathe Windows 10, but like the others, I haven't had any issue getting Sims 3 to run on it, so I wouldn't worry @Elynda
Besides, even if you did, there are no doubt lots of people here to help you troubleshoot it.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Instructor
#7 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 2:43 PM
I haven't had any issues with Windows 10 and sims either. Just issues with windows 10, I liked 7 just fine. 10 irritates me along wit the daily "Hey update to Windows 11".....ummm no.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 8:04 PM
Welcome back to the best Sims iteration, hope you enjoy your stay! :D
Forum Resident
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
You fill me with apprehension: so there are problems getting Sims 3 working with Windows 10? And here's me with a laptop that is in it's dotage, still running Windows 7, and looking for a suitable replacement, which if I want something with an SSD (so my saves won't take forever to load) will probably be running Windows 10. Transferring everything over to a new machine will be difficult enough. Not looking forward to it

But anyway, glad you're back.

I never had this too, and I do not have a SSD and my computer starts to be old now. Troubles come mostly from hardware, this is never enough for that game;

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 3:33 PM
My brother got me into it and I feel like I'm in the kiddie pool when it comes to Sims content right now LOL there's so much that I don't know where to start ;3;

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️