Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Catalog Clean Up Mod- Buy Mode Rearranged -UPDATED-

by Phaenoh Posted 4th Apr 2008 at 8:01 PM - Updated 8th Jan 2013 at 6:27 PM by Phaenoh

169 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 155 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 7
Test Subject
#151 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 12:58 PM
Wow, I LOVE the idea of this. Trouble is, I'm a newbie/moron and can't figure out where to put the file. I don't seem to have a TSData folder or a StuffPack folder or any of that. Mine just goes EA Games - The Sims 2, then all the regular files. Please help? I would really love to have this system is Buy Mode so that I can stop tearing my hair out.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#152 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 6:46 PM
You are looking in your My Documents folders, you need to go deeper than that. Go to C: > Program Files instead. In there is another EA folder, and thats where your game installs too, you need to place these in there.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 6:19 AM
This mod is great. Huge thanks to you for this.

There seems to be a pretty large problem, though, in that the Seasons and Nightlife "Pre-versions" don't seem to exist.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#154 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 10:47 PM
After having these edits in my M&G "Stuffpack" folder for some time, I've discovered I'm an idiot! They've sat there, and haven't been working. So, this afternoon I followed your "what to do if it doesn't work" instructions, and shoved the lot into the Bins folder - it now does what it says on the tin! This includes the SP editions, so I don't have to put them into the Downloads folder (really didn't want to do that if it was avoidable). How stupid am I?

I can now say a big thank you for your wonderful edits!

As Helmasaur mentioned, quite a few of the "Preversion" edits seem to be missing from their respective folders. In addition to the two he(she) mentioned, I've noticed it with Bon Voyage too.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#155 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 1:44 AM
The preversions died a while ago when I did updates for AL and MG. I might get back to remaking them, but likely not. If you are missing objects, my best suggestion is to open the hider up in SimPE and delete the line of the object that went missing. Save and play.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#156 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 10:51 AM
OMG I ¢¾ every download you make! The one thing i don't like is the fact you have all the stuff packs and i dont! Please keep making cool stuff even when you're 50 years old!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#157 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 3:44 AM
I think I'm in love with you... 0.0
Test Subject
#158 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 6:48 AM
I really want this rearrangement for my game, but I think I'm going to have to resign myself to it not working. I have Apartment Life downloaded via Origin Games, and when I put the files in AL's StuffPack, it doesn't work. But if I put them in FT's StuffPack, it still doesn't work. Is there any way to get around this? I've tried every combination I could think of.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#159 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 8:22 AM
Try also Bins and Skins. Is this the first BuyMod Recat mod you've tried?
Test Subject
#160 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Try also Bins and Skins. Is this the first BuyMod Recat mod you've tried?

I actually had tried bins and skins, but I did just get it to work! I had to move my AL files from the Origin Program Files, and into EA Games Program Files with the rest. I was worried it'd mess something up by moving the files, but there seems to have been no harm, and the mod works now! Thank you so much for responding though! And for doing all this hard work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#161 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 10:26 PM
I hope I can install this correctly! LOL
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#162 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 4:50 AM
I absolutely love this! Is there any way you can make a tutorial for wallpaper recataloging, please?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#163 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 3:04 PM
Huge thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#164 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 11:59 AM
Thank you so much for this!! This one suits me more than your newer one
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 1:50 PM
love it! you're amazing <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#166 Old 30th May 2017 at 10:24 PM
Does this work with Sims 2 UC / Ultimate Collection?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#167 Old 31st May 2017 at 4:14 PM
Pretty sure it should, let me know if it doesn't. (If it doesn't, it won't hurt anything either.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 11:17 AM
love it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#169 Old 6th May 2021 at 9:33 PM
I don't know if I've already commented before but this mod is awesome! Before, I always struggled to find the items I needed but, with your handy recataloguing, it's finally easy to find things as they make sense where you've put them. I now follow this system with any other mods I download. Thanks again
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#170 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 1:50 PM Last edited by kacpi33 : 28th Feb 2022 at 2:35 PM.
Hi there! My Teen Stuff vanity mirror seems to not be moving from surfaces to mirrors.
Is it possible that some other mod is conflicting with the recategorization? I don't have any other ones Recat ones.
I will try to launch the game without mods and will update this comment soon :D

EDIT
Quickly found a solution when searching through my mods. This little fella was the issue:
Stuff Pack Objects Fix
The 'downloads' file contains the OBJD data of the vanity and thus changes it back to its original sorting. Quite an easy fix with SimPE :D
Page 7 of 7