Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 8:21 AM
Default NRaas Errortrap on 64-bit Sims 3 (Mac) Question?
Hello, I was just wondering if what version of NRaas Errortrap will work on TS3 64-bit Origin on Mac? And a lot of other mods too. I downloaded the 64-bit version of TS3 on a 2017 Macbook Pro for fun and I was wondering if there's anything I need to worry about. Will mods take kindly to the new 1.70 patch number? And is there anything else I should watch for?? Thank you <3

(I'm not sure if this is a question that belongs in TS3 help or not, if it's not I would kindly ask the mods to move it there ^w^) Thanks!~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 11:53 AM
We were prepared to offer up a 1.70 variant of ErrorTrap, but it turns out that not one of us testing the new Mac version has seen the dreaded core version mismatch warning. The 1.69/Origin and both 1.67 variants of v100 all work just fine, all three are identical except for accounting for the internal build numbers anyway, as do all of our mods and those we are aware of from other sources. Or rather, they all work just as well or poorly with 1.70 as with 1.67/69.

There's a lot of other things wrong with the new Mac version, but mods seem to take to it as they all should.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 1:43 PM
Ah, that's good to know. Just to warn people too, AwesomeMod is one that DOESN'T work with TS3 64-bit Mac (although, knowing Pescado, asking him to update the mod would instead yield multiple curses at Macbooks for...existing? You ask him. :b) I get coremismatch warning on it and it doesn't seem to be functional.

Back to NRaas, it'd be helpful to make it clearer that it works nicely with Patch 70. Maybe something like "Download ErrorTrap Origin 1.69/1.70" to include both of them as to not cause confusion. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 3:10 PM
You're right, we should do that. At the time, we were expecting a lot of updates from EA to fix the problems inherent in this version and one might think that the patch levels (or at least the build numbers) would start changing again. But they don't seem to be moving on any of the reported issues after an initial round of mostly Origin fixes back in November.
Instructor
#5 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 1:43 AM
Wait wait, you want EA to FIX something? They don't do that, they expect modders to fix their mess.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 3:14 AM
Not sure, I could be reading way too much into things, but I'm detecting slight levels of irritation over and disdain for EA developers on this forum. Cannot possibly think why. Eh, must be my imagination.

Anyway, all of our mods are labeled properly for the different patch levels now.