Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

neighborhood view fix: see whole neighborhood v1.0

by snappledude21 Posted 10th Oct 2004 at 11:29 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 3:04 AM by porkypine

261 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 254 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 11
Test Subject
#101 Old 7th May 2005 at 1:19 PM
I Love You Guys!!!!!!! I Finally Got This To Work And Not Crash My Game!!!!!!! Thanks To All Who Posted Helps!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#102 Old 7th May 2005 at 4:10 PM
k the neighborhood works but when i try to make a new sim all i get is the blue screen!! I can't see the bodies of the sims
How do I fix that??
Test Subject
#103 Old 8th May 2005 at 3:14 AM
i've been needing something like this for ages. now i've found it. thanks mate.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 8th May 2005 at 6:25 AM
Thanks alot.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 31st May 2005 at 6:34 PM
Default I cant download this..
For some reason, I can't download this..when I click on the download link, a weird page that looks like its from "Notebook" pops up onto the screen..
Test Subject
#106 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 2:54 AM
! :bump: Frickin' Awesome! :bump: !
Test Subject
#107 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 3:21 AM
I'm getting an error message saying that webite not found. Has the hack been removed?
#108 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 7:45 PM
yeah i can't donwload it either
Test Subject
#109 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 10:50 AM
I also can't download it, and am getting a page similar to notepad.

This was what I was looking for, so apologies for the thread I posted a while ago regarding this in support.
#110 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 12:30 AM
i can now c the whole neighborhood?!?!.......*hallelujah chorus plays* DOWNLOAD IT NOW I WILL :D
Test Subject
#111 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 8:25 AM
Did you have any luck downloading it Black Belt as I still can't?
Field Researcher
#112 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 1:59 AM
Wonder if someone made a way to see the lots next to your sim when your playing that lot. Lol thats confusing.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 4:46 AM Last edited by ziggybec2005 : 19th Oct 2005 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Made some changes improved camera views no big deal
Default NeighborhoodCamera.txt
Sorry - foreverjadon - Thanks Too Gunmod - GunMod
http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=163279 &
snappledude21
http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=3767

I take not credit for this file ..............
This Is University compatable too.........

And Yet Another Edit to The NeighborhoodCamers This is the same as the last one but lets you tilt the screen, buy pressing the wheel mouse button and moving the mouse forward or back, all I did was change a line Enjoy...

This is the file I downloaded and Edited.........

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ghborhoodcamera

Original Can Be Found Here

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ghborhoodcamera
Screenshots
Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: txt  CASCamera.txt (7.8 KB, 30 downloads)
File Type: txt  LiveCamera.txt (2.2 KB, 34 downloads)
File Type: txt  NeighborhoodCamera.txt (1.1 KB, 67 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 5:33 AM
Hope this is OK..... to post here.....
Forum Resident
#115 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ziggybec2005
Hope this is OK..... to post here.....

Is this University compatable too? Thanks.

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anglesims2
Is this University compatable too? Thanks.

yes it is
Field Researcher
#117 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 6:39 AM
This is great!! Please dont forget to update it once Nightlife comes!
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 7:18 PM Last edited by Windaira : 25th Jun 2005 at 11:09 PM.
awww found it! Thank you foreverjadon and ziggybec2005!! I downloaded this before when it had it's own thread (the 2nd version) and I lost it when I had to format my PC! It works GREAT with the Uni EP!! It's the only one what has so far!

Edited: Ok, I downloaded this before when it was in it's own thread and it worked then. Since then I had to format my PC and re-install my game. Forgetting to save the file before. Came back here to download it, but now after I installed it, it doesn't work as it did before. Was something else changed in the file?? I tried the downloaded version as well as the one you posted in the thread. They aren't working. Any idea? I have Uni!
#119 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 1:07 AM
OMG thank u sooo much 4 this mod its awsome
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 5:51 AM Last edited by RachieBoBachie : 29th Jun 2005 at 5:54 AM.
I still don't understand..where do I put the files? And which is the file I need to download, ziggybec2005's or foreverjadon's? Because when I downloaded ziggybec2005's file and tried to put it into the cameras folder, everything there was a readme, and when I try to download foreverjadon's, it won't install and a weird page pops up (like I said in one of my earlier posts, it looks like something from notepad)
Test Subject
#121 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 3:07 PM
to install this go to :

C:/Program Files/EA Games/TS Data/Res/UserData/Cameras

I suggest saving the original file NeighborhoodCamera file to another safe location on your computer. example simply rename it "originalNeighborhoodCamera" in my documents.

then simply place the new txt file you downloaded into that folder.

i did exactly this and it worked for me. hope it does for you folks also
Test Subject
#122 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 2:14 AM
Wow! What a nice hack. <3 So much more neighborhood to use.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#123 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 5:07 AM
no problem. BTW to everyone, and i will post this in the front, all you do is copy and paste the info you get when you click the download link on the first page to a txt document named neighborhoodcamera.txt and put it in the cameras folder. i'll put that at the front also. EVERYONE who is enjoying this, please go check out in the game hacks section, another simple txt file change that lets you have doors on basement walls that work, so you can finally enter a true basement foundation from the outside.

Mike
Test Subject
#124 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 8:25 AM
Thanks Snappledude. I love being able to access the far reaches of the map. I do wish we could still zoom in closer however. Any way to fix that? I can move the camera all around, and go farther out, but it won't let me see any houses up close. They all look teensy.

Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 10:23 AM
to use neighborhood.txt map mode un-rar or unzip to your-
Documents and Settings/My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Cameras/NeighborhoodCamera.txt <-( THIS FILE ) MOVE it to a safe place then put the downloaded one in it's place,....
start the game ..............
Page 5 of 11