Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sony Playstation 2 - Testers Needed - UPDATED 2/21/04

by Kabismeboy Posted 19th Feb 2005 at 9:17 PM - Updated 18th Dec 2008 at 9:51 PM by -Maylin-

119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 113 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 12:22 PM
Hey, maybe you could make Recolor/ours of the PS2, so you can wish for a rainbow PS2 in RL
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 12:23 PM
cool.. this is really nice..
Banned
#53 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 1:00 PM
we nid only the gamecube now
Banned
#54 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 1:00 PM
Too bad my 3Ds Max has expired (T_T) and the crack i downloaded wont work. Now I cant make meshes (T_T)
Banned
#55 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 1:35 PM
Heres an updated PS2. I used the guy who posted the png image w/c is more blacker and nicer texture and changed the Catalog description
Attached files:
File Type: rar  PS2.rar (164.8 KB, 277 downloads)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#56 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 4:31 PM Last edited by Kabismeboy : 22nd Feb 2005 at 4:38 PM.
heh, yeah, that is a much nicer texture. I just took pictures of my PS2 and used those pictures...the dusty parts are the highlights of when I took the pictures. I would have used some nicer pictures from the internet, but I couldn't find any. BTW, where did you get your images from Kitty79? Now, If anyone wants to retexture the Controller.... its going to be a bit more difficult. The model I used was grouped as one model, not seperate ones, so I had to do some odd UV mapping to get it to work correctly.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 10:13 PM
yay i love the playstation-2 and -
--
now it will not replace the maxis controller (yes)
Test Subject
#58 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 1:44 AM
Is there any chance that you can make a PS2 that stands up on it's side?
Test Subject
#59 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabismeboy
BTW, where did you get your images from Kitty79? Now, If anyone wants to retexture the Controller.... its going to be a bit more difficult.

I think I used this image for the front. I can't remember where I found the top image. I just used Google image search for the images - man, it's easy to find PS2 pictures, very hard to find any that aren't at an angle. :confused: Mostly I just messed out with editing your own texture, removing the colours and using the new top and front.

I tried a new controller texture, but the result was so small it was hard to notice any real difference.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 7:20 AM
Very cool object! Works perfectly in my game. Thanx! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#61 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 1:50 AM
Ha Kitty79! I had that exact same photo stored in my "I might use these photos" folder, but never used it because I couldnt find any other angles. I just though that mine looked more realistic for some reason, but I definately like yours. If you could translate that into a recolor, I could post it on the first post and let people pick
Test Subject
#62 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 9:22 AM
it ROCKS!!! THANX!!! iv been waiting for one of these for AGES!
Test Subject
#63 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 10:11 PM Last edited by useruser : 14th Mar 2005 at 8:55 AM. Reason: missing e-mail
Default sorry
i must admit that you have made some progress and if you could please e-mail how you made the texture work because it doesn't show in the SimPE preview which doesn't add up. p.s. i am working on a gamecube
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 8:07 AM
Oh, yes
Thank you very much! It's just what I wanted! Can't wait to test it out.
:D

I'm gone. I have my reasons, but I'm not going to cry about it. Do whatever you wish with whatever I made. No paysites/exchange. Credit to: Alucard
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 11:13 AM
Works
Works perfect for me (with University). No conflicts with the original or the X-Box. And I hated Maxis' green game system. Thank you so much! I've been wanting a PS2 for my Sims.

I'm gone. I have my reasons, but I'm not going to cry about it. Do whatever you wish with whatever I made. No paysites/exchange. Credit to: Alucard
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 5:24 AM
thank so much , I fans of playstation2
Field Researcher
#67 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 6:22 AM
Great work! Can't wait to see it in my game!
Instructor
#68 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 9:18 AM
can we recolour this? if not, can you please make a silver one please
Test Subject
#69 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 3:16 PM
Hi,
I have one question, is the playstation EP ready now?
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 4:19 PM
I use the one Deathfox has posted here on the third page , and I have Uni installed , and it works fine
Test Subject
#71 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 12:57 AM
Yo everybody, how do u put this in the game, i already put it in the Downloads folder but the file type is PACKAGE FILE how do u install that? Plz help and thank you ppl!
Test Subject
#73 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 8:48 AM
u just have to paste the two package files into either the downloads folder or collections . but once u have done that i has been installed and u just need to go into the game and buy it from the catalog
Test Subject
#74 Old 7th May 2005 at 1:37 AM
Great job Kabismeboy!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#75 Old 9th May 2005 at 3:33 AM
woah... I havent been here in like 2000 years.... If anyone has bothered reading the posts, people asked about recoloring it, and its perfectly fine with me. But just for fair warning, the texture is kinda odd, because I got lazy and just used a UV Mapping program to make the map for me.

But I'm glad everyone liked it and its compatible with University. I'm only back here now because I'm working on a house my friend drew in 4th period because she was bored. I need objects for the pool in the basement and some stuff for the front porch. She seems to have gained some sorta skills from Drafting. Its Architecture next semester
Page 3 of 5