Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 7:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Adding 2 cheats to UserStartup crashes on Loading Screen
Hiya,

So I added boolProp quarterTilePlacementEnabled true and boolProp lockTiles false to my UserStartup.cheat file and then whenever I loaded the game it would crash on the loading screen before getting to the neighborhoods. Removing them fixes the crashing.

Have I just typed one of them wrong or something, or is there another issue here? I'd love to use them and have them in the UserStartup since I know I'm not going to remember them.

(also I had setQuarterTilePlacement on in it before but the wiki I read said that it doesn't work in UserStartup as why I changed it to the above)

Thanks!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 7:56 PM
boolProp quartertileplacementenabled true works just fine in the the userstartup, so it could be the locked tiles cheat causing crashing. It's the same as using move objects on, so maybe use an alias for that cheat to enable in game?

setQuarterTilePlacement on only works within the console window in game, not the userstartup.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 8:22 PM
Changing the lock tiles cheat to the moveobjects cheat seems to be working. no crashing. I hadn't realized they do the same thing basically.

Thank you!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Hiya,

So I added boolProp quarterTilePlacementEnabled true and boolProp lockTiles false to my UserStartup.cheat file and then whenever I loaded the game it would crash on the loading screen before getting to the neighborhoods. Removing them fixes the crashing.

Have I just typed one of them wrong or something, or is there another issue here? I'd love to use them and have them in the UserStartup since I know I'm not going to remember them.

(also I had setQuarterTilePlacement on in it before but the wiki I read said that it doesn't work in UserStartup as why I changed it to the above)

Thanks!

You can set quarter tile to always be on by default in your installation files.

If you are on the UC got to Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config folder (M&G Config on disks)
Find the 'globalProps.xml' file and make a backup -just in case. Then open it in notepad.
Scroll to the bottom and there should be a line that says:
<AnyBoolean key=“quarterTilePlacementEnabled” type=“0xcba908e1”>false</AnyBoolean>
Notice it says false by default.
Simply change that false to true and save the file.
In game use CTRL F as you normally would to turn it on and off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 7:17 PM
@joandsarah77 ah thank you! then it just stays on indefinitely? unless i ctrl f?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
@joandsarah77 ah thank you! then it just stays on indefinitely? unless i ctrl f?

Yes, just CRT F toggle it on and off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~