Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 8:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Converting SimsPacks to Package files question
Hello,

I read that installing CC through the launcher (sims pack files) could cause the game to lag, and that I should convert all of those files to package ones instead and run them through my mods folder for better game performance. I've just done that, using the Delphy tool. All of my sims packs files were in my 'downloads' file, now they're converted to package and in my mods - packages folder.

My question is, what's my next step? To uninstall all of the downloads from my launcher? And now that they're converted to package files, I won't lose any of that content... right? Or can I go into the downloads file and just delete all the sims pack files? Or do I do that, plus uninstall through the launcher?

I'm also wondering what happens if I download a new sims pack file, in a few days when I'm CC hunting again. I'll want to convert that to a package as well rather than running it through the launcher. How will I do that, for just one or a few sims pack files? I no longer need to convert the entire folder, because I've done that and don't want to convert the same files again. Please advise!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 9:01 PM
Every sims3pack installed through the launcher does not need to stay in the Downloads folders. The installed/extracted files are represented in the DCCAche folder. So, even before, you could have put those sims3packs somewhere else for backup storage.
You should uninstall the stuff from the launcher, otherwise you have everything duplicated in the game, I think. The extracted packagefiles need to be in the Mods --> packages folder.
For any new sims3pack files, just open it with the extractor tool, extract it and put the packages file in the packages folder. Most might need to be renamed.
A more comprehensive explanation here: Installing package files

To cut down on lag and loading even more, I suggest to merge those package files: Merging package files . You'll need S3PE for that.

CCMagic mentioned on Cinrict's page is an old program that doesn't play so well with Windows10. I got it to work but I've been using it for a long time. I would recommend the S3PE method.