Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 4:30 PM
I am definitely going to put this in a video series.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 12:14 AM
I'm not keeping score, just seeing what happens. Third day while I was at work a fire broke out in the kitchen. Naturally all of them decided to go into the kitchen and panic as the flames spread. Several neighbors also stood outside and watched the fire burn through the windows. Surprisingly only one of them died.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 2:16 PM
The challenge is fun. The first time I played it was in Sims 4. I decide to try it on Sims 3 this time. I am curious, if my sim selects Alchemy career, can he stays in alchemy store to study elixir recipes and produce elixirs? Because that's sort of his working place. Can he goes outside to collect material? Or can I place some spawners in the resident lot, instead? However, I think that's sort of cheat. Also, the lifetime wish might be Alchemy Artisan in my case.
Test Subject
#129 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 10:26 AM
I am doing this for the second time with my sims but I've completely changed it to turn it less into a challenge and more into an immersive bit of storytelling/RP. I'm using the Midnight Hollow hood (due to its more DIY and eerie nature) but I have a Medical Academy for all Nurses and Doctors in training, I have a transition house for patients going from the half way home into full Asylum care or Asylum care back to being released into the real world and of course, the Life Skills Boarding School and The Halfway house for troubled youth. It's an immersive storyline about a town with a medical society and A mentally distressed/troubled community who have different stories and different illnesses. From kids and teens being brought from abusive homes into a half way home, attending a local school and trying to adapt to adults who have worked hard to get a ''day pass'' for part time employment and are allowed to go out for day leave, and they meet someone who accepts them and eventually the Asylum decide to release the patient to go and live with their partner who is now pregnant with their child...

And by ''improvement'' I mean I use some of the objects from the Uni Ex. so doctors 'alter' their traits for 'healing'. And I use the lifetime reward midlife crisis to eithger make a perfectly healthy sim become mentally ill or when a patient has worked hard to have gotten high LPs, I make them 'cured'.

My last game I had, I had three of them fully healed, with a career and one man even had a family. And I took lots of photos of their development from the first Dr's appointment right up until the point in which everyone throws a party and celebrates their leaving, or they get congratulated on visitation pass to go see their newborn and omg. Brought me so many tears doing it. :D
Test Subject
#130 Old 7th May 2016 at 6:16 PM
Can there be pets in the house? Also, should I lock the doors so none of the patients can leave the house?
Test Subject
#131 Old 9th May 2016 at 6:04 PM
Just started this challenge, super excited to take a break from my Perfect Genetics Challenge. After reading through all the comments, i'm wondering if planter pots are considered skill building items? I thought they didnt since they can be found under decor.
Test Subject
#132 Old 9th May 2016 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by englamy429
Can there be pets in the house? Also, should I lock the doors so none of the patients can leave the house?

I locked my front door, and I dont see why there cant be pets, although that would seem to add more of a challenge to it.
Test Subject
#133 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 3:12 AM
So, I've never done a challenge before either, and this one looked interesting. I made a number of the unplayable sims neat, which I think helped a lot with them living their daily lives. For some reason, even though everyone cooked all the time, we had only one tiny fire which was put out by my npc's before my playable sim even finished calling the fire department. It wasn't even burning long enough to have to clean the stove, let alone replace it. Weird. And they all got along great--my sim ended up being old friends with all of them by the time she was done with her LTW (22 days). There weren't really any issues with sims passing out. They did get stinky sometimes, and we had a few potty accidents, but mostly it was amazing how well they managed to work around each other. Right at the end, as my sim got her LTW, two of the others had their first kiss. But that was the only romantic relationship that happened.

One thing I'm curious about: my sims all started at the same age, but they aged up over the course of about a week. Did anyone else experience this?
Test Subject
#134 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 4:03 PM
Just finished the Asylum Challenge! Finished with a score of 156
+103 skill points: 25 (playable sim) + 10 + 9 + 12 + 14 + 6 + 14 + 13
+4 friends from work
+81 aspiration points
-32 days (4 weeks and 4 days)
No deaths, no repoman, 2 fires (first started by the playable sim lol).
My sim had a lifetime aspiration of reaching level 9 in athletic career. Her traits were Loser, Absent-Minded, Insane, Athletic and Loves the Outdoors. I had my 5 skill building objects as a guitar, exercise machine, chess table, football and easel. There were 42 athletic skills built, 22 for logic, 13 for guitar, and 0 for art (easel was a waste of money lol). My sim also had 5 handy skills from repairing the toilet, sink, shower and tv every other day! After the challenge I had $24,425 simoleons saved up. I began a romance with one of the other inmates, but he cheated on me with one of the flirty girls and broke my heart. Now that I can move out of the asylum, I might stay in town and ask my cute teammate from work on a date
This was so much fun! Definitely recommend to anyone who hasn't done the Asylum Challenge!!
Test Subject
#135 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 3:06 AM
I look forward to trying this Asylum Challenge ! I am about to start it now
Test Subject
#136 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 12:59 AM
A fun thing I like to do is complete the challenge, then move out that sim I completed it with and try to give them a decent life- I move them out with whatever money they have in the household funds (up to 5,00 max, unless they're moving into a house, in which case it's 500 max), and get them a job and all that jazz, then see how they go. It's a great opportunity for storytelling since you already have a dynamic and in-depth backstory that you were there to witness, as opposed to something shallow and easy made up on the spot!
Instructor
#137 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 7:19 AM
I just completed this challenge. My final score is 124. My sim's ltw was to become a CEO.
My active sim got 65k aspiration points giving me 65,
4 pts in athletic
1 pt in cooking, the housemates all cooked the rest of the time
3 pts in street art
7 pts in handiness, by about half way through, all the plumbing was non breakable from the plumber's skill challenge
3 pts in logic
2 pts in painting
7 pts in writing and
1 pt in science and
4 friends from work
The collective skill pts from the other sims is 59
I only had 1 stove fire. There was one time in the winter when a couple of the inmates went outside to pillow fight. The lady came in, but the guy just stood out there doing nothing. I was afraid that he would freeze so I had my active sim call him in. He's (my active sim) 8 days from adulthood. One of the guys got alien abducted and came back preggers, but the kid was instantly teleported back to the home planet since there were already 8 sims in the household. Nobody died, but I do have a question about a dog that died on the lot. It was a stray dog. I hope I don't have to count that. My skill items were a guitar, easel, tread mill, bench press/weight machine, and the computer. No TV bc we had to choose between the tv or comp. I chose the comp for skilling/writing and entertainment.
Test Subject
#138 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 1:55 PM
I'm playing this challenge right now. My asylum is more like a rehab for rich and insane sims. The sim I control is evil, genius and inventor (and insane and loser of course) and wants to be a monster maker. He also works at the hospital. The only rule I'm bending is that you cannot leave the asylum. I'm allowing the patients to go out if someone calls them for a date.
One thing that i believe you'll find useful is that if you place the door bell for the apartments you can search your garbage bin for scraps. I placed that because the asylum I have built has an arch before the main door and it's not outside anymore. And I like that you don't need to go greed a visitor in order to invite him in.
Test Subject
#139 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 3:14 PM
I finally complete this challenge. This one was the first challenge I ever did and it was so fun! (btw, sorry for my English, it isn't my first language). 255 was my total score. My Sim's name is Love (yeah, I know) and she was clean, handy and frugal. Her life time wish was to reach level 9 in Science career. It took 5 weeks and 6 days bc of the seasons expansion pack (you know, every Thursday was a free day). Actually, being handy was the most useful thing of my Sim, not only because of her career but also because all the patients break everything around the house all days! But the truth is that I made the patients in CAS with a lot of creative treats in the two free treats and sport treats too. They increase a lot the sculpture and painting skills! Even I could sell all the works they made and make some good money of it! Also some of my Sims increase logic skills (One of my skills items was a chess table) and sport skill (with a running machine) I think I really nailed it! It was just to plan everything up before start the real game. I'm super happy, I definitely want to try some more challenges like this! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 1:18 AM
Default Snow White and the Seven Dorks
Finished! What fun! Snow White and the 7 Dorks. (Sneezy was the only one who didn't have traits that obviously fit his name.)

I knew it was going to be a long challenge when I was assigned Jack Of All Trades. Reaching level 5 in 4 different careers was going to take a while. At least she could build skills for later careers while working the first.

Mistakes: 1) I thought I gave them a recliner, but it turned out to be a chair. No naps except in bed. 2) I thought putting all 5 beds in the same room was a good idea. It would cut down on routing problems. Unfortunately, one snoring Dork ruined everybody's sleep. 3) I realized that they had 6 skill builders, and had to delete one of the guitars. 4) One of my skill builders was the Scribblers Pad from MTS. I later remembered that CC had to come from the Sim Store, but decided to keep the pad. 5) As soon as I hit play, I realized I had forgot things. A microwave and food processor would have been nice. So would hampers. It didn't really matter. They were obsessed with picking up piles of laundry and washing them. And only 1 of them had the neat trait!

Giving them a washer and dryer was great. They found magic laundry gnomes/bears about twice a week, which I sold for 1000 simoleons each. The Keep Me Clean Outdoor Shower was perfect. It doesn't have to be in a separate room, and never breaks. They showered with their clothes on, but, hey, they're insane!

The basketball court was by far the favorite skill building object. It was in constant use, and a couple of the dorks maxed out athletic. (1000 simoleons per reward certificate) As soon as I could, I boosted the channels on the TV and put it on Cookin' Cable. All 6 seats faced the TV (including the one at the chess table), so everyone started racking up cooking skill points. The only skill builder they weren't interested in was the contraband Scribblers Pad. It was available any time Snow needed it. She wrote lots of books, earning skill and money. Her 4th career was self employed writer. It took just 2 speed-written novels to hit level 5.

No burglars, thanks to Snow's lucky trait. A couple fires before she fireproofed the stove. One burned up the stove, 7 counters, a few floor tiles, the sink and the dishwasher before she got home to extinguish it, but nobody died. During that excitement, somebody made a puddle. Throughout the challenge, I had 2-3 more puddles that I think were wet pants. Not bad. I directed Snow to continue cooking, then throw out some food on the stove. Nobody else would touch it, and they couldn't cook with it there. That was the only thing she cleaned. It was hard, but I managed to refrain from moving dishes and clothes with the hand tool.

I was on Week 6 Day 7 when she fulfilled her lifetime wish. Not bad for making level 5 of 4 careers. That gave them lots of time to earn skill points. Even though I purchased a few rewards, I had lots of happiness points.

I had a total of 263 points. I think that's good, based on previous comments. I'm pleased with the results, and may even try it again.

Sneezy had a crush on Snow. He followed her around and sat near her whenever he could. She pretty much ignored him. I had to share a pic I got of them together. Her expression is priceless.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#141 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 9:30 PM
Just started it. Made my sim as ugly as possible, with him having shaved head, very bushy eyebrows and the ugly drunk man's beard as I call it (when it's unshaved with small hair), body hair everywhere where possible, and the woohoo heart tattoo in all available places. I'll post screenshot later. Randomized his name as Damien (because everyone wants his D), and chose the surname Crazy. For others I didn't even edit their appearance, used what cas gave me. Named others by numbers, one to seven, keeping the surname Crazy. 4 guys and 3 girls total. I scrapped the no babies rule, but I made it for myself baby rules: 2 total cribs, one for baby one for toddler, and one potty. That's it. No extra beds for children and up. Also they stay till death, no leaving asylum. Babies act as other NPCs, they can't be clicked on. Toddler won't go to potty? Too bad. Social services take babies away? Too bad. Child skips school? Too bad, nothing you can do.
Made risky woohoo as default, allowing for same-sex couples to have children, and autonomous risky/try for baby. I usually avoid male pregnancy (unless alien), but they're insane and were experimented on, so why tf not.
Had 3 neighbor girls come to welcome me, woohooed with all. 2 pregnant, one not. Will probably make her pregnant too. I won't initiate woohoo with my inmates, but if they decide to f*ck my sim, won't stop them.
Played for a few hours, so not much has happened.
Test Subject
#142 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 6:00 PM
LTW: Become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder
Score:327
I never had aany trouble getting some sleep but trying to use the barhroom was a nightmare! Only peed myself once tho 😂 and only 2 fires, both by my playable sim.
I had an issue with one of my Sims having started to cook then stop once it was already on the stove, it was upgraded to fireproof so it never started a fire but it stopped everyone else making any food
Test Subject
#143 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 11:50 PM
Hope there's no problem to give a reply after a month.

But I want to thank you for sharing this challenge, I found it funny and I'm going to try it. Thnks a lot!
Mad Poster
#144 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 12:58 AM
Feel like this challenge could use a bit of a better adaption by altering certain rules like:
- limiting a much bigger number of beds.
- forbidden traits like loser and unlucky, while giving your sims being much looser rules (like how every sim shouldn't have a common trait).
- with the release of expansion packs, there are certain LTW where they require the sim to leave the lot to fulfill them. Exclusive rules should be applied to them so that you aren't left being unable to play out those LTW.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#145 Old 1st May 2020 at 4:32 AM
I just completed this challenge. I had a lot of fun designing my asylum, so I wanted to share it. https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=9384970

Hope Rehabilitation is a very poorly named facility. From the outside, it looks wonderful, tons of flowers, large trees, etc. The front room--the only room the public is shown-- is beautiful, full of statues and exuding wealth and sophistication. Anybody would want their mentally unstable relative to live in a classy place like Hope Rehab... but the entire budget went toward appearances! The facility itself is small, cramped, and just plain cheap. Five bedrooms-- if you can count closets as a bedroom-- and only one bathroom, in a facility that houses eight adults is just asking for trouble... But at least they have a coffee machine!
Test Subject
#146 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 1:21 AM
Does anyone know how high the cooking skill needs to be for Sims to stop setting the kitchen on fire? I want to change the stove from fireproof to improved cooking, but I don't want my crazies starting fires. I can't find anything specific online. One post (somewhere) suggested that as long as they burn food it's still dangerous, but no specific numbers were given. There must be something buried in the code somewhere!
Test Subject
#147 Old 6th May 2022 at 3:45 PM
I had so much fun with this challenge! Unfortunately I went to hard with the roleplaying-aspect and created a bunch of losers who were completely incapable of making any points whatsoever, so I ended up finishing the challenge early and moving out my main sim to continue playing with her freestyle. I'll probably try it again sometime.

Here's an image dump of the dumpster fire that was my playthrough (both literally and metaphorically):

(the pictures are huge, because I'm bad at internet. Sorry)
Field Researcher
#148 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 9:49 PM
Man, I did this hoping to catch some serious drama and chaos, but all everyone did was break the plumbing and yell at each other. I made a sim whose lifetime wish was to master painting and guitar, and placed them in Sunset Valley. I locked them all in except the patient under my control and one managed to get out, and I never let him back in because it was pretty funny.
To break up the monotony, I gave them the slot machine and everyone got addicted to gambling in no time while Someone played guitar in the lobby. They made so money I cheated it away then took the slot machine because they were pushing 100k. So if you’re doing a challenge or scenario where you need your sim to get rich quick, that’s the way because it took like a week to get that much.
There were a few fires that burnt the kitchen to cinders, but no deaths. If I do this again, I’ll add a few death traps to keep it spicy because a lot of this was fast forwarded by 3 but I wanted to finish it. It took five weeks to finish. My sims even aged up, which hasn’t ever happened before in an asylum LOL.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Page 6 of 6