Replies: 17 (Who?), Viewed: 6944 times.
Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 7:29 AM
Default His nipples fell down.
Is there a way for me to fix this?

I can sort of understand why it's happening. I mean when I look at the position of the shirt using the bodyspec I can see why the nipples would be where they are. But I still don't understand if I can fix it, or how.

Thanks guys.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:06 AM
The UV mapping on that particular item must be somewhat distorted in that area. You'd have to edit the mesh to fix that - or just make the button bands solid like the collar - probably good to do that with the rolled up sleeves too, since a button band, collar, rolled sleeve, and bottom hem would all be more than a single thickness of fabric and thus not entirely transparent.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:55 AM
Thanks HP, I was planning on making those less transparent. It didn't even dawn on me that the nipples were under the button bands. :D

Do you think that strange low pec shading will look weird?

Maybe I can make the shirt less transparent right where that pecline shading will be?

Blah I wish I knew how to edit meshes.
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:58 AM
It might look a little weird but honestly, it looks more like a little ripple in the cloth than his pecs with the placement so I wouldn't worry about it - especially as that's a custom skin. How's it look with default skin?

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 11:28 AM
Ok thanks again. I will go check it with a regular skin now
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 7:14 PM
You could pull up the whole shirt(not the sleeves) on the uvmap(scale it smaller) and do the same with the textures.
Already did that on one of my meshes, you will lose some texture quality tho as the textures will stretch a bit.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 3:49 AM
I think the textures are already pulled up.

When I look at them in photoshop with the bodyspec transparent overlayed, the shirt is short and you can see that the nipples are around about the middle of the shirt. So I'm guessing the uvmap or the mesh stretches the texture down? Sorry, I have no clue about this stuff hehe.

How easy is it to edit the uvmap? Can i use something other than milkshape? I don't have a copy and my trial expired ages ago.

Thanks base1980.
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 6:23 AM
oops , my mistake
Im always wrong with it until i actual move the parts...
I am afraid there isn't any space left then to move it arround.
Already tried to use the fullbodymeshes(and make it a toponly) to split parts of clothing up as those(not all) have 2 meshes.
But since they use the same texture file you keep getting the same issue
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 8:44 AM
Aw poop. So does that mean the transparent top can't be done without making an entirely new mesh?

I'm making a non transparent version but I have another issue. Because the mesh sorta hangs over the pantline -

I thought, ok I will edit some tracksuit pants so they are low-riding. My men's briefs work because they are pretty low cut, but I didn't want people to only have one option until I figure out meshing.

BUT then I had this issue when I used the naked top with my low cut trackies:

What's the easiest way to sort this out?
Should I figure out how to edit the open shirt mesh so the lower belly tucks into all pants?
But then do I also have to edit the tracksuit pants mesh too so that it is lower?

*shakes a fist at her lack of meshing knowledge*
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:08 AM
I just woke up and meshing questions are like "Buhhhh? COFFEE!" but... are those sims Sam and Dean Winchester?

retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:21 AM
Morning

The top is my Ian Somerhalder wip and the bottom is a Dean Winchester that's sorta being messed with at the moment.

My v2 of Dean & Sam were rejected on here so I need to do my v3 so I can upload them. I'll get around to it eventually but it's taking ages. I think I've looked at them too much... if that's even possible.
retired moderator
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:54 AM
Oooh, okay, cool - I -definitely- saw Dean in the lighter-haired one - the other one has sort of Sam-ish hair... Dean's pretty darn recognizable right now though (at least to, uh, fangirls like me...) - definitely worth tweaking up with Sam to try uploading again, IMO. Do you have a Creator Feedback thread for 'em? If you need another set of eyes, I'd be happy to help - not like it's a horrible hardship having to look at hot men.

retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:57 AM
Lol yeah especially not the winchester's. Mmm. I have to make a Castiel as well. Mmm cas.

I haven't made a CF thread yet, I want to get them to a point where I can do no more then I will ask opinions.
I think my Sam needs more work in the face.

Plus there is NO Sam hair. Seriously. *shakes a fist* That was one of the things mentioned in the mod feedback when they were rejected, that both could use better hair. When I read that I remember thinking, "What the heck hair am I supposed to use?" O_o haha. I keep hoping to see some Sammy hair on ms3b but it hasn't happened so far.

I just downloaded Blender and the plugins... and I have NO idea how to actually import the meshes. I mean I clicked on the import plugin, the folder pops up, I find the files... but then I have no idea how to get it to open up. *facepalm*
I need to go find a tutorial on 'how to import files in blender for dummies'.
retired moderator
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 10:05 AM
A girl after my own heart - Cas is -hawt-. And Sam does need a bit more tweaking in the face, yeah... definitely not a bad start though - the shapes seem to be there - I think it's just the nose is too defined.

Your guess in Blender is as good as mine - I don't have a clue how to use that darn thing. I've gotten it a couple times, poked around, and run away in fear.

retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 10:10 AM
Hahah I ran away in fear before I could even open the blasted mesh

God isn't he just lovely. Misha Collins is bloody hilarious too, he cracks me up in his interviews with the other boys. I'd do Cas. I'd so do him. *cough*

I think Sam's nose needs to be a bit wider as well but yeah you are right about the definition.
retired moderator
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 10:28 AM
You should srsly come in the #create chat (Live Chat under the Community dropdown) so we can fangirl about Supernatural and stuff - you're fun! :D

retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 10:31 AM
Hahaha. I'll pop in after I've had dinner and we can drool together
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 3:48 AM
I've decided to put this on the backburner. I just tried editing the pants mesh in blender and I have NO idea what I am doing so I don't like my chances of tucking in the tummy on the open shirt mesh.

I'm gonna have to go read a blender manual or something. If only it was as easy as a kitchen blender. Those I know I can operate. :D