Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 9:26 PM
Default Is Nitropay legit?
I'm being pestered on every page to accept something called Nitropay. It started in the last hour or so. It looks as if it might be an ad manager you're starting to use, but the name makes me suspicious. It sounds more like the name of a piece of malware than the name of a legitimate business: nitro as in nitroglycerine - an unstable and dangerous explosive plus pay -- i.e. pay up or we'll blow up your data! I can't find much about it on the internet -- for example there's no wikipedia article about it. (Maybe it's too new.

Can you reassure me that it is something legitimate that you're starting to use, and not some piece of malware that has crept onto my computer and/or your server?

Thanks in advance.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 9:19 AM
Yes, it's a legit proviser.  For me it's the top few hits on google, so...

With regards to the popup on every page I've redirected all www.modthesims.info traffic to just modthesims.info, and that seems to fix it.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 11:39 PM
Thanks Tashiketh! I think it was just the name that made me suspicious. Had it been called "betterads", I'd have probably just clicked Accept right away. Of course in this case the reason I was getting it on every page was that I hadn't accepted it. I've clicked Accept now, and hopefully it won't bother me again.

Sadly it does. I'm having to click Accept on every single page that I visit. Even if I just refresh the page, I have to accept Nitropay again. I've tried entering individual choices instead of accepting everything. I've closed all my MTS tabs and reopened them. I've closed all the tabs, and shut down Firefox and restarted it. I've even shut everything down and rebooted the computer. But nothing has worked. I still have to accept Nitropay on every single MTS Page. And the truth is that I;m so addicted to MTS that I usually have several pages open at once -- I really am a Forum Resident. Is everybody having this problem, or is it just me? I'm running Windows 7 and my browser is now Firefox.

Sorry to give you more work, but it does get tiresome after a while. If Nitropay is a new service, and a lot of people are having this bother, they'll maybe get their tech guys to fix it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 8:35 AM
Are you using anything other than just plain https://modthesims.info/ ?  If so, then this issue will occur.  I've redirected all www.modthesims.info traffic to the root domain, and it fixed it for me.

Just make sure you're using the root domain and it should be fine.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.