Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 10:47 PM Last edited by fascisthater : 3rd Dec 2019 at 3:28 AM.
Default TS3- School lot(uploaded)
I wanted to get opinion of others about whether to use a different lot size. I was looking at the school lots for download here on MTS and saw this one that uses a rabbit hole in basement http://www.modthesims.info/d/616559...2-versions.html This lot is on a 64x 64 lot and has an athletic field with it. I have not played this lot or know if using it would cause lag for most computers.

I am building a school on a 50x25 lot. This is a WIP{disregard the red lockers in front) and I was thinking about adding an athletic field on a seperate 50x25 lot. However, I do not know if the athletic field and school would be better placed on a single large lot for downloaders due to possible lagging.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 11:52 PM
I have never heard someone say "I wish this was on a larger lot", but have often heard people wish for smaller lots. I would try to build this on as small a lot as possible, while still realizing your vision. It wold be more aesthetically pleasing to have the athletic field on the same lot, but more practical to have it on an adjacent lot. I would try to use a common lot size. Through the magic of MOO you can place a larger rabbit hole in a basement of a smaller lot. Of the RH in basement lots I have tested, I have not found one that causes significant lag, as long as there is adequate space to reach the basement RH, including 2 staircases. Good luck and share pictures as you proceed!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 6:54 AM
The athletic field won't cause much lag as there are not many objects on it. I agree with attuned, smaller sizes usually are more convenient as they still can be placed on larger lots if a player prefers that. Lag will be caused by adding many class rooms, laboratories, work station etc. which the sims won't really need though I understand that it looks more realistic.

For consideration, it would require a world to have two adjacent 50x25 lots for this setup which I think most worlds don't. So putting school and athletic field in one lot like in the example but on a smaller lot (e.g. 40x40) might provide a good alternative option for players.
Theorist
#4 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 8:34 AM
I guess the athletic field would not take much resources. It usually consists of floor painting, seats and maybe football goal. It would be much better it if this could have a square lot shape as base for placing. Make it fit the lot size to replace school from Sims 3 game worlds would the best oppotunity.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Staff - Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 11:06 PM
Thanks for your responses.You have given me some perspective on this. Perhaps I will just upload the 50x25 building lot with just the school and a 50x50 lot with the school+athletic field so downloaders can choose. I think a 50x50 is capable of being created by most users without a lot size mod(but I will check). It would be nice to be able to place this on a 40x40 but it already covers more than that space in one dimension. I will post more pictures as this becomes more developed.
Staff - Moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 10:20 PM
A few more pics but still not finished for school yet
Theorist
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 7:41 AM
Trash stations are covering windows to food court. That's the only thing I can could be tweaked. Great work! May I take this one to make some screenshots and playtest?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 5:30 AM
It looks really good, I especially like the art room. This is a pet peeve of mine, so take it or leave it, but one of the biggest causes of lag is from townies abandoning cars, so I never put parking spots in my community lots, in fact, I go around and delete any in the town. Parking places are great for atmosphere, so it is obviously up to you whether or not to include them.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 6:42 PM
Here are some findings for your lot, please refer to the attached pictures for clarification:
  • Not enough room to jam together: my hippies didn't have enough space to jam together, one had to change the room, which is sad as that room invites to actually use those instruments
  • Orientation of Lamps? Is there a particular reason why the lamps are orientated differently? Nothing wrong with that, it just struck me as odd.
  • You proably know that this computer not useable as there is no chair. Nothing wrong, it's something a player could quickly change.
  • The wood on the wallpaper has the wrong orientation
  • Wrong wallpaper, also lots of unpainted interiour walls: I think that white brick is wrong there? At least it doesn't make much sense. Also, so many unpainted interiour walls. There is a free wallpaper in the misc. category if you did it to keep the lot price down, you can use that and give it some darker recolour. But with all those bare walls the whole lot looks very unfinished.
  • Lack of terrainpainting/structure: It looks weird to have the trees "just so" in front of the walls. Same on the back of the lot. Many towns have not grass but some sort of asphalt/tiles as ground colour, not grass like I have in my testing world. So the trees would stand in the middle of sealed ground. Better to add to add some yourself to make sure it looks good, just like you did at the sides of the lot (much better than my quick and ugly version).

Do you know how to post inline pictures? Open your attached pics in a new tab so that they displayed at full size. Then use the [*IMG] [*/IMG] tag and put the url of the large pics in between (without the *). Now put all of that in between an infobutton tag:

The last picture shows the code for this example.
Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 9:51 PM Last edited by fascisthater : 24th Nov 2019 at 10:06 PM.
Thank you for looking at the lot Norn and providing feedback.
1. I did notice that sometimes when I asked sims to play instrument(base+guitar) that sims would go to another room but I was able to direct back into room with single sim. I didn't try with a whole group though.I may switch to regular guitar and move desk back.
2.The exterior lamps(I was thinking the one by gate would look better in this orientation with path I wanted to create into stadium area) The other lights were for vehicles. The indoor lights-I probably need to use more light effect as there are too many.
3.The computer in the library(Yeah I know it is not usable but only for deco as it didn't seem realistic to have both a chair and stool there)
4. I missed the wallpaper goof-don't know how that happened but will fix(thanks).
5.I didn't think those walls mattered as they were in non accessible enclosed spaces but will put a cheap wallpaper there.
6.The terrain paint -I suppose I could fence in similar to side but do hate how terrain paint shifts when placing lot on another one.

Thanks for informing of how to post inline pictures/hiding them also.
Staff - Moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 11:36 PM Last edited by fascisthater : 1st Dec 2019 at 11:04 AM.
Fixed several issues with the lot and built the athletic field. I have submited it for moderation.
Screenshots