Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 10:33 PM
Default Building Tools
I am just curious:
Out of all the building tools for TS3 which ones do you think that needs to change for the Sims 4?

C.T.HOLKO88
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 5:30 PM
The Wall Tool, it'd be nice not to need CFE. And the Roof Tool, it'd be nice to have the option of not having the little overhang all the way round.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 5:35 AM
I get the roof overhang but the wall tool? What exactly about the wall tool don't you like?

C.T.HOLKO88
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 1:45 PM
He's saying that it would be nice not to need to use the ConstrainFloorElevation cheat, and I agree. It also would be nice to have wall inclination and more angles when building (not only 90º and 45º), and also curved walls :D

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Alchemist
#5 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 3:12 PM
Yes being able to make split level walls without using CFE would be amazing. I also like the idea of overhangs. It would be awesome if you'd have more options to choose for big, chalet-like overhangs or normal, small ones
Also, spiral staircases which don't cut a weird, round gap you can't place fencing around.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#6 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 4:29 PM
Yes I agree! It would be so much nicer not to use CFE to make split levels and the such! And also nice to have curved walls. and more control of the roof tool like the pitch! ANd hve the stair tool be able to go on the diagonal its stead of just straight!

C.T.HOLKO88
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 5:21 PM
I am so glad that someone started a new thread. I agree about the walls - more angles than only 90 and 45, also a more comlex grid so that you can create for example an octagon and have 8 equal walls (in the moment we have 4 tiles that are length a and 4 tiles that are length a x sqrt2). Also more tools about roofing and possibilities for creating better staircases. I also think that it is a good idea to be able to move windows up and down the wall. It would be great if finally EA created a good tool that can change and recolour chimneys in the way we would like them to be.
Alchemist
#8 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 11:57 PM
If the walloptions (Shit without CFE) would be a feature in TS4, it would be easier to create mansions which have a high ceiling. In that case Gogo's idea with window heights would fit perfectly. Also with attics which need lower windows
As for staircases I'd also really love to have stairs which beginning/ending can be placed in a 1x1 corner, making a curve. And for stairs to a basement; being able to place doors directly in front of the stairs.

#9 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 9:48 PM Last edited by TudorMan23 : 11th Aug 2013 at 10:02 PM.
Wow! Getting really god feed back! All of that would be awesome and also have the ability to do a true walkout basement instead of trying to fiddle around with CFE
Yes with doors in front of stairs instead of using moveobjects evertime you want to do that. Oh and columns that you can rise or lower the height yourself, instead of the options for 1, 2, or 3 story.

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 8:12 PM
It'd be nice to have the Mansard roofs and matching windows back that we got in the Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff pack. God I miss those things...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 12:25 AM
Oh yea I almost for got about those roofs and windows! Those items were awesome!

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 2:55 AM
And how about the roofing tool! Being able to put different materials on different sections and not just the whole roof, like how we can do with the walls and floors!

C.T.HOLKO88
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 6:02 AM
Being able to build 2 story rooms to link the 1st and second stories (like a big entrance or a staircase hallway) and not have that weird light jump because the game sees the stories as two separate objects.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Alchemist
#14 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 2:26 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 8th Oct 2013 at 1:27 PM.
I've rewatched the Gameplay trailer and it actually is possible to adjust the height of the walls!

#15 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 9:44 PM
Seriously??? I must watch that on youtube then

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#16 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 1:16 PM
I was reading an article somewhere that said that there are 3 preset wall heights and corresponding windows, doors and wall coverings to go with each height.
***Edit***
Found it!
http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia...ms-4-build-mode
Alchemist
#17 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 1:32 PM
So many new/improved building tools! *_*

#18 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 1:08 AM
WOW! I cant wait for 4! It looks much improved!

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#19 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 5:43 PM
Sims 3 still feels new to me, so I doubt I'll get 4 straight after it comes out. It does look awesome from a builder's perspective. I could really make some great old houses in it. But overall it kind of reminds me of a mix between 2 and 3 as far as graphics are concerned. I think 4 could be interesting to play nonetheless.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:55 AM
Yes I agree and probably will stick with 3 for now! I And I still don't have all the EPs or SPs!

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 4:29 AM
I just read the article again and now I really want the SIms 4!!!

C.T.HOLKO88