Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Design Kit (Version 1.10, updated 01-08)

by Fat D Posted 24th Dec 2005 at 10:02 PM - Updated 25th Mar 2007 at 12:03 PM by Fat D : Updated

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#51 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 6:28 PM
it's in misc. building here. Look under my uploads to find it.

i have now often explained that the filed to delete are all that started with "fatd-halfwall-"
Test Subject
#52 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 4:39 PM
First i have to thank you for that great set, i use it in nearly every house i build.

May i request 2 things that i really miss to give more possibilities? The two thresholds (floor and ceiling) in a version that sits on 1 floortile but is two floortiles long so i can connect things where no floortiles can be set. I hope i made it clear enough to understand and would be really thankful if that would be possible. If you don't know what i mean just tell me and i'll make some screenshots to show it.

Greetings
Klothilde42
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#53 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 7:40 AM
in most cases you can just use moveobjects.
Test Subject
#54 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 11:00 AM
Thanks for answering so fast.

I use all those cheats to make things possible, but i didn't find a possibility to place it without having a floortile in the correct height ...

I try to make a simversion of a hanging building, so to look nearly correct there should be at least a connection. Maybe a little screenshot makes it clearer.

Greetings
Klothilde42
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#55 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 12:43 PM
make a tower of columns and delete it after placing the parts.
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 2:25 PM
I wouldn't have asked you if i hadn't checked all known ways to get it done before. I did that to place the fake fake colums outside the house ... but you can't use that one floortile between house and fake column - even with moveobects on the game doesn't let me place a floortile there ... I tried both ways, doing the thresholds first dont let me place the fake colums, doing the fake colums first dont let me place the thresholds. But if you don't want to make such a tile just say no and i'll accept it.

Greetings
Klothilde
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#57 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 4:43 PM
is that thing actually CFE-deformed?
I don't object to making such objects, I just want to find another solution for you as more objects mean more updates, and when I make a two-tiled version, people will request 3 tiles, then 4, and so on.
Test Subject
#58 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 5:25 PM
It's not deformed, but the main part is standing on a veranda to get that look it is hanging while the fake columns are standing on the flat ground (i really love that those fake columns have three parts - gives whole new possibilities ). The height-difference is the reason why i can't put a floortile there ...

Greetings
Klothilde
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#59 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 8:35 PM
try to place the whole support column (bot the one for building and the one made from beams) on a foundation and finish it off by putting an end piece under the foundation with moveobjects.
Test Subject
#60 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 3:43 PM
Thank you!
Instructor
#61 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 12:45 PM
You probably have better things to do than taking this kind of requests, but I tought if somebody can make this it's you, something to cover the edge of the floor on balconies or similar:

(I just photoshoped it on the picture, I'm useless at object making.)

Well, if you think it's a good idea and you feel like it...
:bow:
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#62 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 7:49 PM
nice idea. I will do this when i find some time.
Test Subject
#63 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 12:06 AM
Default Which files shd i DL?
Hi,
I wld like to create something like what u hv in the picture:
snapshot_00000007_d0c209bb.jpg,cld u pls tell me which files i shd download?
Thks.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#64 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 2:30 PM
download the main package, the white recolour, numenors seamless basic and slanted wall-windows and my cyan recolour. create a rectangle and fill two opposing edges with diagonal helpers pointing from the wall (floor) into the room (ceiling), put the slanted wall-windows with my recolour on these sides, also pointing inward, but leave two tiles for the sliding door. Use the diagonals to get the corners right.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 6:56 AM Last edited by niol : 31st May 2006 at 6:19 AM.
It's definitely so cool to have it...

I've come across some usages in case you may want to fool around with...

I'm using the set more and more as I'm getting more familiar with it... :moose:

Thanks again for making it... So, many more build-possibilities are around.

***A big sorry, I mistook them as yours coz I forgot I installed another set before I installed yours the last time...***
Test Subject
#66 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fat D
download the main package, the white recolour, numenors seamless basic and slanted wall-windows and my cyan recolour. .

Hi,
i DL 2 files which are
MTS2_194426_Fat D_fatd-designkit-color-white.zip and
MTS2_206802_Fat D_fatd-designkit.zip,but I could not find the cyan recolour window in my game.
Which is the correct file i shd DL,that has the cyan colour glass window in it?

:confused:
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#67 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:02 PM
look at my other creations, it's in a thread about numenor's wall windows: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=73393

The wall-windows (basic and slanted) are required for the recolours: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70222

Niol, that doesn't look like my designkit, as you have a diagonal wall with a board in there.
Test Subject
#68 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 7:20 PM
Thank you!
Hi,
thanks for your help,i've found wat i want!
brilliant creations u've made for us!
have a nice day.
:thumb:
Test Subject
#69 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 5:20 PM
Really awesome Fat D, thanks a lot!!
Test Subject
#70 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 10:49 PM
It's really useful, thanks a lot!

Where the heart is, where the home is.
Test Subject
#71 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 6:23 PM Last edited by reallyhugefiles : 28th Sep 2006 at 6:51 PM.
Default Can't find the verticals
Hi,

Sorry I'm a newbie to sims 2 and am just learning to build a house. It was alexpilgrim who was really nice to have directed me here.

I've downloaded all your new files except the recolors. When I went into my game, I can't find the vertical beams. I've got all the diagonals and the halfwalls. Am I supposed to stack them up or something? Hope I'm not sounding silly.

As for the glass, I'm just assuming I've got to use numenor seamless windows etc cos I didn't see your glass as well...am I making any sense to you cos I'm getting a little lost myself.

I've looked into my collections folder and nothing. But then again, I don't know why but all my collection folders I downloaded are never in my game too.

Something must be seriously wrong with me.

Please help???

Thanks,
Bern_.
Test Subject
#72 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by reallyhugefiles
Hi,

Sorry I'm a newbie to sims 2 and am just learning to build a house. It was alexpilgrim who was really nice to have directed me here.

I've downloaded all your new files except the recolors. When I went into my game, I can't find the vertical beams. I've got all the diagonals and the halfwalls. Am I supposed to stack them up or something? Hope I'm not sounding silly.

As for the glass, I'm just assuming I've got to use numenor seamless windows etc cos I didn't see your glass as well...am I making any sense to you cos I'm getting a little lost myself.

I've looked into my collections folder and nothing. But then again, I don't know why but all my collection folders I downloaded are never in my game too.

Please help???

Thanks,
Bern_.

I think you should try to re-download it until they show up in your game- because the same situation was happening to me, too. The first time I can see all the downloads in my game, but then there were something wrong with my game and I need to reinstall it, after the reinstallation I can't find the vertical beams-just like you, and they happened to be my favorite But I think they were back again after I re-downloaded them several times. Hope this way works for you.

Where the heart is, where the home is.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#73 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by reallyhugefiles
Hi,

Please help???

Thanks,
Bern_.

the beams look and behave just like the helpers (and are stacked in a similar way), they are just wider and more square. They are found in misc.
You need recolours, at least the white one
If you want to use this with glass, Numenor's wall-windows are highly recommended and nearly necessary.
Test Subject
#74 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 7:20 PM
Default Design Kit Uses
Fat D,

I am fairly new to Sims 2, but I'm familiar with Build Mode and learning about CFE. I don't currently have any of your downloads. If you don't mind, would you please tell me 1) which of the listed files I should download (I *do* have the complete Numenor sets) and 2) a brief explanation of what the files include and their uses? Is there a "Read Me" file with explanation included?

Just by the comments listed here it is apparent that your "tools" are quite a valuable asset to those primarily interested in house building (like myself!) and I am quite anxious to download and use them, too!

Thank you for all your hard work in putting the Design kit together!

TwirlyGirly
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#75 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 4:48 PM
fatd-designkit.zip
fatd-designkit-wallboard-recolor-default.zip
fatd-designkit-color-white.zip
are required.
all colors and recolors can be used with it.
no readme as all is up to the users imagination. It should be self-explaining.
Page 3 of 4