Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 7:42 AM
This thread is becoming a train wreck!

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 10:06 AM
Any of us would do well to marry someone who cooks like Gabrymato.

Probably don't let's have the wedding on a train, though.
Instructor
#53 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Any of us would do well to marry someone who cooks like Gabrymato.

Probably don't let's have the wedding on a train, though.

And looks like Gabrymato. :p
Instructor
#54 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 12:45 PM
@pizza @r_deNoube Ladies please... You're making me blush.
But we can totally entertain a platonic relationship in which you two come over and we all watch TV shows together. Just bring ice cream and red wine. Isn't that what marriage is about after all?

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
#55 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 2:28 PM
Can I bring cookies? They're the special kind. The recipe is secret. Only dark angels know how to make them.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
So, this is a mud wresting match?

I'm assuming if I let her win, I'll get a proposal out of it. :p

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Instructor
#57 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 3:10 PM
This is shaping out to be the best slumber party ever
Mad Poster
#58 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
@pizza @r_deNoube Ladies please... You're making me blush.
But we can totally entertain a platonic relationship in which you two come over and we all watch TV shows together. Just bring ice cream and red wine. Isn't that what marriage is about after all?
Hey Gabrymato, I want to be part of this...I agreed, after all. We need something salty to go with the wine and movies - oh yeah! And Buffy, maybe?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 12:30 AM
If the train is wrecking and we might die without having said something we should have said to someone -- well then, I want to challenge this @stuart-grey "never in my lifetime" business.

Social norms being what they are, Stuart, it might be that you're the kind we're more likely to think of as a Secret and Forbidden Love -- the kind we warn our girl friends against (ostensibly from disinterested wisdom, but really from envy.) Maybe some people are too shy because you've got that, you know, Forbidden thing going on. But of those, maybe some will be able to click Agree, once they realize that it doesn't out them.
#60 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 1:00 AM Last edited by fairycake89 : 13th Jun 2015 at 5:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
WHO?! ME?! I wave my behind in your general direction (a gesture of respect and attraction among my people). Sycophants of The Elvin? Fanclub for Stuart The Grey?

Don't those who wish to worship at the shrine of the Wizard Stuart The Grey have to undergo some rather 'druidic' initiation ceremony involved naked apple-bobbing? At least that's what he told me in his latest missive from his hovel in Simshire. Personally, I was horrified, as everyone knows that apple-bobbing is part of the Elvish divorce proceedings.
#61 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
If the train is wrecking and we might die without having said something we should have said to someone -- well then, I want to challenge this @stuart-grey "never in my lifetime" business.

Social norms being what they are, Stuart, it might be that you're the kind we're more likely to think of as a Secret and Forbidden Love -- the kind we warn our girl friends against (ostensibly from disinterested wisdom, but really from envy.) Maybe some people are too shy because you've got that, you know, Forbidden thing going on. But of those, maybe some will be able to click Agree, once they realize that it doesn't out them.

I'm the one who's been painfully shy around women. Quite frankly, I don't see what women see in men at all. If I was a woman, I wouldn't have anything to do with 'em - we're hairy, smelly beast who drink too much beer, watch too much football and belch too much. I was utterly terrified to ask a woman out; such fear comes across as really creepy! Like Miss First Kiss - she asked me to ask her out. I was dying to do ask her out, so I did. Of course, she sat clung to the other side of her seat at the theater like she was sitting next to a rabid chimp and insisted we not go anywhere else - and that seemed perfectly understandable to me. Embolden by our first date, I asked for a second a number of times, and got answers like 'gotta wash my hair', or 'need to sew a button on a sweater' - subtle hints, you know ...

Women were goddesses who could do no wrong to me then. Me? A forbidden love? :lovestruc I don't think so.

Well, there was a couple of gay guys, and I feel terrible about how that turned out. Really terrible.
Theorist
#62 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 1:55 AM
I totally agree: I certainly don't know anyone well enough. And celebs? Why would I want to inflict ME upon them?

Why indeed!

Paris Hilton!! Perfect.

Why? Because at a young and tender age of 27, I was thrown out of a Hilton Hotel for not being dressed well enough and because I dance like a spaz. More recently, I noticed that of the various hotels I've stayed at, Hilton's were always snobish, and gave the least bang for the buck. And My now darling wife Paris would be absolutely horrified to find she was married to an old, fat, bald guy who dresses funny, can't dance, and is a total geek.

I bet she'd pay me 5 million to get lost, and another 5 million if we don't have children. She couldn't get rid of me fast enough.

Yep. My darling Paris, I can't wait for the wedding. She'd have to be pretty juiced, tho!

Hahaha, an alternative gold digger.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Alchemist
#63 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 1:57 AM
I already am going to marry who I'd like to marry if I could marry anyone. :3

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
#64 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
I already am going to marry who I'd like to marry if I could marry anyone. :3

^^^^ I hasten to vote this answer as the best answer in the entire thread.
#65 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 6:37 AM
Default Elvish Marriage
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
PS: elven divorce?! I didn't know they MARRIED....?

Oh yes indeed and a very ethereal thing Elven marriage is too.

The perfect Elven marriage is a blend of the right type of give and take - in my experience it equates to equal time in front of the mirror - No Elven man would tolerate his wife hogging the mirror all day and not letting one get a look in. In fact mirror-hogging is one of the permissible grounds for Elvish divorce. The same thing goes for turning off the hair straighteners without due warning; why do you think the Lady Galadriel is still single? She is notorious for the old hair straighteners 'off' thing - one look at the state of Gandalf the Grey will tell you that.

Also there is none of that unseemly yelling and screaming at each other as found in mortal or dwarven marriage - Elves have 'domestics' via telepathy. In fact they can gaze at each other and telepath 'I hate you and I wish you were dead/bald*' and make it appear to others as loving looks communicating 'I love you and want to have your elf-lings, right here and right now!'.

There are other elements of Elvish marriage which differ from Mortal marriage but they cannot be divulged to the uninitiated at this stage,

*dead/bald = the same thing in Elven minds.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 7:17 AM
Id marry Helen Hunt if I could. Shes got a rockin body and ive never seen a movie of hers where she didnt look hot
#67 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Elves have 'domestics' via telepathy. In fact they can gaze at each other and telepath 'I hate you and I wish you were dead/bald*' and make it appear to others as loving looks communicating 'I love you and want to have your elf-lings, right here and right now!'.

*dead/bald = the same thing in Elven minds.

AAAAHHhhha!! so, Some elf babe looked at me and my hair fell out? Is that what happened?
#68 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 7:44 AM
AAAAHHhhha!! so, Some elf babe looked at me and my hair fell out? Is that what happened?

*whistles*

Page 3 of 3