Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampire Covenant - Requested Career

by Lily__XD Posted 17th Oct 2011 at 4:19 AM - Updated 20th Sep 2012 at 9:47 PM by Lily__XD

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 51 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 4:40 AM
Ah, now this is a career I can sink my teeth into. Thanks so very much :-)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 4:50 AM
Fantastic...it's the coolest job I have seen in the history of Vampire. Thank you thank you thank you thank you...*as if I can type that until my fingers bleed*
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:38 AM
This is actually really cool, thank you so much, I will download and definitely check it out........Thanks so much, you always come up with really neat ideas for custom careers..... I had your priest career installed also, like the talamasca!!! lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 7:00 AM
Thank you Lily for making my vampires seem more exiting. This is the best vamp career I've ever seen. Can't wait to start...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 7:24 AM
This is really neat thanks. It has kind of inspired me to write some machinima around it, if that is okay with you and Tessa.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 9:18 AM
Haha, I got far more credit than I deserve! Without Lily, this mod wouldn't have been possible. She also helped with the descriptions and making them more user friendly (I waffled on a lot), not to mention every last aspect of actually making this mod because I'm clueless and never made a mod in my life. Thanks so much for creating this mod, you did an excellent job, and you deserve all the appreciation that you get for making this mod It really is well done.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 10:12 AM
this is perfect considering I've just downloaded spooky town and am filling it with monsters including vampires in need of appropriate employment. its a shame there arn't more careers amied at vamps,witches and such. so thanks
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 10:35 AM
Good to see it now uploaded, great idea!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 3:19 PM Last edited by Enjoji : 17th Oct 2011 at 3:21 PM. Reason: Had the wrong name down...
This is an awesome mod - it's about high time there was a brilliant career for vampires! Thanks so much to both you and Tessa for this
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:09 PM Last edited by Lily__XD : 17th Oct 2011 at 7:52 PM.
Hi guys! Dead excited to see a yes when I got back from school today :D. Thanks so much for all the lovely comments. Okay so about translation:

If you wish to translate this mod you need to translate the string sheet (which I'll attach to my comment), open it, and translate everything between the <STR></STR>'s - replacing whats between them with the equivalent in your own language (when doing so be careful not to edit anything else).

So for example this is let's just pretend for a second these are the reals strings:
<KEY>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CareerList:Example</KEY>
<STR>you would translate this text<STR>
Then post your own comment on here and attach the translated string sheet and I'll make the magic happen
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 7:23 PM
Thanks This Is Cool
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 10:21 PM
I lvoe it cant wait to test it out but i have a teen vampire right now so maybe you could make a part time vampire career for teens I would love it but if its to hard forget it i dont want to trouble you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 11:55 PM
This is so needed, cause my poor vampires accidentally disintegrate when they have day jobs. You'd think EA would have thought about this when they made Vampires but nooo.
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kitty Paine
This is so needed, cause my poor vampires accidentally disintegrate when they have day jobs. You'd think EA would have thought about this when they made Vampires but nooo.

Exactly! And you don't nessecarily want all of them to be criminals just because of the hours either.
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 10:52 AM
Is it possible for you to make this for The Sims 2?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 5:28 PM Last edited by Lily__XD : 18th Oct 2011 at 5:52 PM.
nikkirebel - Sorry but no - I wouldn't have a clue where to begin...

I did a quick search and found this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=114028 - which is a similar thing for sims 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 12:41 AM
Thanks so much, I've been looking for a job for my vamps.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 7:40 AM
lol cool I love how the picture on the side is from a VAMPS cd cover too xD
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 10:51 PM
Are there special install instructions? I put it in Mods/Packages Folder and it does not give me the option on any building to join this career. This is my first custom career that I am wanting to try and it is buggin me that it is not working for me.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 11:41 AM
BUGGINBABS78: Just to be clear, you downloaded the Careers Mod from Twallan correct? If not, Lily has put the link in the description page. You absolutely need Careers to get it to work.

Lily: Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU. Absolutely amazing career for my poor vampires.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 3:47 PM
Now THIS looks fun.

Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lily__XD
Hi guys! Dead excited to see a yes when I got back from school today :D. Thanks so much for all the lovely comments. Okay so about translation:

If you wish to translate this mod you need to translate the string sheet (which I'll attach to my comment), open it, and translate everything between the <STR></STR>'s - replacing whats between them with the equivalent in your own language (when doing so be careful not to edit anything else).

So for example this is let's just pretend for a second these are the reals strings:
<KEY>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CareerList:Example</KEY>
<STR>you would translate this text<STR>
Then post your own comment on here and attach the translated string sheet and I'll make the magic happen

I'd love to do some translating, but I can't find the string sheet. Could you please help me with that?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ringquelle
I'd love to do some translating, but I can't find the string sheet. Could you please help me with that?

Oops sorry could've sworn I'd uploaded it... Here you go
Attached files:
File Type: rar  LilyXD_Vamp_Strings_ENG.rar (4.4 KB, 168 downloads)

Google has the answers. Not me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 12:29 PM
Can somebody translate this mod to spanish? Is a really good job for my sims, but if can somebody translate it, better for so much people.
Page 1 of 5