Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#401 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 4:29 PM Last edited by lipe2k : 19th Oct 2012 at 4:59 PM.
I really loved how @esmeiolanthe went a step further and made Steve a deeper sim than just someone created for a contest. His secret hobby really surprised me. I first made my round 1 entry with him, I changed to Rose Gardener midway, and I saw Steve as a tough businessman and womanizer. After this is done, I'll probably move all four lots and families to my neighborhood and play with them.

We should have a storytelling contest featuring all these families =D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#402 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 5:52 PM
For some reason I though the deadline was tomorrow so I haven't started yet! I did notice this morning that it was due today but I've been out all day with my parents so haven't had a chance to get anything done yet. It'll be finished and submitted before the deadline though, I'm enjoying this contest :-)
Lab Assistant
#403 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 5:56 PM
Sorry I haven't posted or put up my pictures yet! My computer caught a virus and in the cleanup, my Sims games got uninstalled.
I've actually just re-installed them, so I'll be working on the house and getting it up today :3
I also, like lauratje86, thought the deadline was tomorrow. Silly head, doesn't like to keep track of numbers ^^;
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#404 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 6:06 PM
Good to hear, guys Didn't want to have to dock points for lateness

Quote: Originally posted by lipe2k
We should have a storytelling contest featuring all these families =D

Would be a fun contest, but would be limited to only people in this contest But you, or anyone else who wanted to, could always start a story in the story thread Just let us all know if you do so we can all check it out.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#405 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 6:16 PM
This contest has given me an idea for my own new one (completely separate ideas, don't worry). I'm not going to give you any clues about it yet though, haven't gotten it all figured out yet, and I don't have time to run another one anytime soon. I came up with another idea when I was doing my scrapbook contest as well, and that one isn't fully fledged out yet either, but you can be assured, I'll be hosting more contests in the future. Thank you jones, for this one!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#406 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 6:20 PM
You're welcome, Phae And I know what you mean, I've come up with several half formed ideas while hosting this one too! lol. But first this one, one thing at a time, jones

*EDIT(shameless plug)* If you all would like these lovely families to have a nice fall outing, go download (and/or thank) my new pumpkin patch
Lab Assistant
#407 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 6:37 PM
I hope round 1 will end tonight. Lets see what our judges say about the make overs good luck every one and even myself.
Lab Assistant
#408 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 7:51 PM
My pics will be up tonight. It's been a mad few days at work.

May the force be with you because you're worth it
Mad Poster
#409 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 10:24 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 19th Oct 2012 at 10:35 PM.
Here we have Steve Jones's humble abode :-)

Lab Assistant
#410 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
You're welcome, Phae And I know what you mean, I've come up with several half formed ideas while hosting this one too! lol. But first this one, one thing at a time, jones

*EDIT(shameless plug)* If you all would like these lovely families to have a nice fall outing, go download (and/or thank) my new pumpkin patch

The contest I thought of is called "Home For The Holidays". I thought homes decked out in holiday finery would show all kinds of creative talent. people could use any house they wanted to do this with, but no mass construction. lol I love the idea, but that's all it is right now.

I love your Pumpkin Patch!!! I saw it and left you a feedback note. lol

I wonder how so many get their money right on the nose! lol I won't be able to do that but I can always get close. lol

@Everyone: Good luck everyone on round one and on the up and coming round 2!!
Lab Assistant
#411 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
sharill63, your wanting to move them because they are still off one square from where they were originally right? By all means go ahead so you don't lose points And Phae is right, you really need bigger pics. You are likely to lose points if we can't really see the house to judge it.

Hey, Jones!

I edited my original post with my corrected pics. (post #384) Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do!
#412 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 1:42 AM
What if we all make sims based on the families and reveal them at the end? I'd love to see how everyone is envisioning these characters in their heads!

We could have a "Steve Parade", ahaha.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Field Researcher
#413 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 1:53 AM
All the Round 1 entries look amazing. You guys have done so much to perk up these sad little Maxis-made homes. This contest looks like so much fun that I had to play along at home. I don't have TS2 though so I built the homes from the ground up in TS3 and then decorated them keeping in mind the lot value limit. I was actually pretty amazed at the results with such a low budget.

@ GlorianaGlowbee I would love to see your versions of the families. Lol a "Steve" parade sounds like a great idea
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#414 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 2:01 AM
I think that would be fun Gloriana :D
Lab Assistant
#415 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 2:20 AM
Default Hencing - Round 1
I chose Rose Gardener for this round....

May the force be with you because you're worth it
Instructor
#416 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 4:18 AM
Wow when I look back at all these redecorated houses I'm shocked that its the same ugly beach house that it was before. Everyone has done such a beautiful job!! *claps*

I'm glad we're not doing houses that the premades live in, imagine how long it would take to do Pleasant? I'd rather do Goth!
Lab Assistant
#417 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 5:46 AM
Okay, looks like I'm done! ^^; Please tell me if I messed up somewhere - it was a long week, today was a long day and I'm totally wiped right now.

I originally started out going with a really modern, sleek look and ... well, I'm not really sure how the end result came about. It just sort of happened! :D

I'm still struggling with getting decent pictures, even with the combination of the tab key, fraps and playing with the camera. I think that time will help me more than anything else, but I hope these are somewhat improved!

Oh, I designed for Steve Jones. I gave him a cute little 'gym', for relieving stress, and attached his office to his bedroom instead of a bathroom, since he's such a workaholic, he has nightmares if he doesn't sleep within a few yards of his computer

Field Researcher
#418 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaundak21
I was having that problem 2 days ago after I added a bucket load of cc. On internet advise I opened my documents-> E.A games-> The sims 2 folder and deleting the 2 cache files group and accessories and It worked for me give it a try.

No, nooo...it's definitely not a cache files problem for me, I've had that problem before and can recognise it instantly and it is indeed a very simple, painless fix.

My problem is my actual disc drive (and possibly the actual disc too). I accidentally spilt milk on my poor computer well over a year ago (maybe even 2) whilst I was waiting for Sims to load. After taking the million screws out and mopping up the excess, letting it dry out well then putting it back together, it still worked and even more amazingly, Sims still loaded! BUT the drive couldn't eject the disc. Bit inconvenient if I wanted to put some new music on my computer from CD, a real pain if I wanted to watch a DVD (I have no other DVD player!) but at least I could still sim
But it's been getting gradually worse this year, and I do think it is now a case of when it will finally give up completely rather than if

BUT...I did manage (after god knows how many restarts) to get the disc recognised and I have spent the last couple days busy decorating the first 3 properties (the application one and the first 2 rounds). I have returned now to catch up with online goings on and to judge the first round over the weekend, then I shall do battle with the drive on Monday or Tuesday so I can go and get the other 2 houses sorted

SO...below should be attached the pics of the application house.

Oh, and Jones...if you are changing one of the other houses...let me know as soon as you've decided pleeease :D

Instructor
#419 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Croutonian
No, nooo...it's definitely not a cache files problem for me, I've had that problem before and can recognise it instantly and it is indeed a very simple, painless fix.

My problem is my actual disc drive (and possibly the actual disc too). I accidentally spilt milk on my poor computer well over a year ago (maybe even 2) whilst I was waiting for Sims to load. After taking the million screws out and mopping up the excess, letting it dry out well then putting it back together, it still worked and even more amazingly, Sims still loaded! BUT the drive couldn't eject the disc. Bit inconvenient if I wanted to put some new music on my computer from CD, a real pain if I wanted to watch a DVD (I have no other DVD player!) but at least I could still sim
But it's been getting gradually worse this year, and I do think it is now a case of when it will finally give up completely rather than if

BUT...I did manage (after god knows how many restarts) to get the disc recognised and I have spent the last couple days busy decorating the first 3 properties (the application one and the first 2 rounds). I have returned now to catch up with online goings on and to judge the first round over the weekend, then I shall do battle with the drive on Monday or Tuesday so I can go and get the other 2 houses sorted

That was exactly what happened to my laptop. A year or so ago I spilled spaghetti sauce on it. It worked fine up until about 3 months ago, and then it was like an act of God to get the CD to work for me, and soon it quit altogether. What sucked the most I had just gotten that computer for Christmas from dad.

Beautiful home! I could see Lilith living there.
Field Researcher
#420 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 12:32 PM
Do we know what time Round 2 will begin?
Field Researcher
#421 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 1:09 PM Last edited by Croutonian : 20th Oct 2012 at 1:30 PM.
I'm guessing when Jones is next online

In the meantime, here's what I did with 30 Lakeside...

Not as good as some of yours, but when I saw which property it was (before I asked Jones which the others were) I instantly thought Steve Jones would be the best for it, so I stuck with that. I found the budget harder to stick to with this one, think the windows/doors I chose were a lil too pricey for the number that are used lol
I also didn't develop as much of a story for Steve as some of you (a womenswear designer...who knew! ) just thought of him as a guy working far too many hours at the office, then coming home and doing a bit more, maybe some research before finally allowing himself to unwind with a DVD, the Llamas big match or a good gaming session on his Xbox. I wanted to give him a bit more in his gym and on the balcony but money ran out Also couldn't afford to do the kinda simple landscaping I'd originally had in mind.
So, yeah...not as keen on this one, but never mind - it was done during ridiculous hours of the night, straight after 95 Woodland lol

#422 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 2:44 PM
Other judges aren't allowed to tell us the next lot?

What if we give you candy? What if we give you candy AND a moped? :lovestruc

--Signed,
--Excited Nerdling Who Can't Wait For Round 2

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Theorist
#423 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 2:52 PM
I think they're holding out for a moped made out of candy...

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#424 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 3:20 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 20th Oct 2012 at 3:36 PM.
Well, if you're giving mopeds made of candy, I may keep it a secret too till I get one

Round 2! I'll up date the first post with the download right now, this round is the little "trailer" at 35 Woodland Dr.

*EDIT* OMG! Croutonian! WCIF that Pepsi cube?!?!?!?!? I MUST HAVE IT!!! I drink Pepsi pretty much from the time I wake up till I go to sleep, lol
#425 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 3:50 PM
35 Woodland Drive! I can officially start my weekend!

And now I want to learn how to mesh, for no other reason than to create a maple butter crunch toffee moped....

Page 17 of 45