Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#1351 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Exactly what was the budget for this game?

Must be really low, compared to TS3 (100million + 20 million for marketing) Not seeing that much put into TS4 and marketing.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1352 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
I was commenting with one of our designers just this morning how it leaves the door open for pre-teens nicely. Don't know if that will actually happen - toddlers would certainly be the first priority for us when considering how to expand the game.

Called this yesterday. There should just be an EP that adds different ages to the point that gradual aging seems possible in a different number of the franchise.
Lab Assistant
#1353 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I've got a question, Graham: can Sims still get pregnant or is it going to be a magic TS1-style birth?

Yup, pregnant Sims, three trimesters, baby bumps... all that good stuff.

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
Scholar
#1354 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MCGONN
On the subject of "pre-teens", I really don't get what distinguishes pre-teens from children. Aren't they the same thing? Why is everyone so obsessed with them?

I'm not obsessed with them - never really thought about them, to be honest - until now.... Having your 8/9/10yr old jump up to a Teen and be the same height as an Adult, for me, is a little odd... If they introduced a stage in-between Child and Teen where you could see some height change/transition - then it wouldn't be so bad...
Okay, rather than saying Pre-Teen maybe 'Early Teen', or something lolol... a stage that covers the ages of 13-15 maybe, and then the Teen-Adult-Height stage would cover 16-18/19 maybe... I dunno if I'm explaining it properly, but that's kinda how I'm thinking in my head...

So it's not me being obsessed with Pre-Teen - I'd just like some variation in the heights and not such a big jump. And gameplay wise, maybe that in-between stage can still do some stuff that kids do, and some things that Teens do - a mixture of them both, if you will....

Like I said, not sure if I even make sense with any of that.... my thoughts move quicker than my fingers, lolol

EDIT - thanks for the reply to my post, Graham - am feeling a bit fuzzy cos I actually got a reply

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
#1355 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by picasso.fr
Noticed that elders have the now customary "slouch" ...and they seem to be a bit butt heavy, I think...

Which doesn't make sense because people lose weight in late adulthood. They gain weight in middle adulthood.
Scholar
#1356 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumialover8
But why, though? Even making them an inch shorter can help us differentiate between an adult and a teen. We already sometimes can't tell the difference between them in TS3, and teens in TS3 are shorter than adults.

I can't think of an answer to 'why' other than height difference affecting too many animations like shaking hands.

And then once I started thinking about that, I started thinking about this:

"D2F".

(If you haven't watched Silicon Valley...you should.)
Alchemist
#1357 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:39 PM
Yup, pregnant Sims, three trimesters, baby bumps... all that good stuff.

Will toddlers be used as an excuse to sell overpriced DLC even though they came with the last two base games?
Field Researcher
#1358 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:39 PM
You can plonk pools into the game anytime, but you can't just throw toddlers into the game 4 or 5 EP's deep into the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#1359 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:40 PM
Or they could have been gradually growing in height from toddler to adult. One can dream :lovestruc

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#1360 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:41 PM
I was commenting with one of our designers just this morning how it leaves the door open for pre-teens nicely. Don't know if that will actually happen - toddlers would certainly be the first priority for us when considering how to expand the game.

hahahahahaahahaahahahahhahahahaaha no. no.

no.
Field Researcher
#1361 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:41 PM
Hey Graham, are there any more videos or streams coming up in the next few months?
Instructor
#1362 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Toddlers should have been a priority. Period.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Will toddlers be used as an excuse to sell overpriced DLC even though they came with the last two base games?

Probably. But, we already knew the answer to that, didn't we?

"expand the game"

Expand = Expansion = Expansion Pack.
Field Researcher
#1363 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:42 PM

It's all fine to have a vent, but come on we all know Graham wasn't the one to decide to throw toddlers out of the game. We should be thankful he's here at all considering the huge backlash. So just lay off him, OK, he's only doing his job.
Forum Resident
#1364 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:42 PM
My goodness we're actually getting some answers!

Alchemist
#1365 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:44 PM
Originally Posted by SimGuruGraham
Quote:

Quote:
Original_Sim
Toddlers should have been a priority. Period.

Basic - fucking - "foundational"! And throw in a free tactile to evoke whatever's necessary.
Instructor
#1366 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Basic - fucking - "foundational"! And throw in a free tactile to evoke whatever's necessary.

You forgot "intuitive" and "fun". Intuitactfun!
Test Subject
#1367 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plumbobot
I hope we'll be able to tell them apart during gameplay.

"Why is that teenager telling his parents what to do? And why is my adult Sim going to school?"

Are you noticing some incoherence too? I wouldn't mind if young adults were removed and the developers inserted some pre-teens and the goddamned toddlers. A middle-age group would be nice as well.
Mad Poster
#1368 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StopUsingMyUsername
Didn't they confirm that all clothes are maternity enabled? Then again a lot of things were "confirmed".

No, they confirmed that there wouldn't be separate maternity clothes and we all assumed that meant all the clothes would be preg-enabled, but then WE ALL ASSUMED FREAKING TODDLERS WOULD BE IN THE BASE GAME and look what happened there. But I've just seen Graham's reply, so that's something at least.
Forum Resident
#1369 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pakia
"Why is that teenager telling his parents what to do? And why is my adult Sim going to school?"

Are you noticing some incoherence too? I wouldn't mind if young adults were removed and the developers inserted some pre-teens and the goddamned toddlers. A middle-age group would be nice as well.

I would definitely have some statutory rapist Sims. I often have YAs marry adults not realizing the age difference until they get married and I can see their age. Then I have to age them back down to a young adult because I don't want my Sim married to an elder. Whoops.
Lab Assistant
#1370 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:47 PM
it leaves the door open for pre-teens nicely. Don't know if that will actually happen - toddlers would certainly be the first priority for us when considering how to expand the game.

Are you considering SELLING CHILDREN ?!?!!
Pixelated children, true...Still, quite bad form, methinks...
Field Researcher
#1371 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:47 PM
But can't you make Teens to be more distinct than Young Adults, if not by its height it needs something extra because since the last CAS Demo i almost can't say if a Sim is Teen or Adult??

Sims Engine should have been really worked to for once in history allow different sim heights without compromise animations, seems you guys gone the "easy-fast-way" on this things, leaving our prayers for the most requested things, unanswered.
Field Researcher
#1372 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MCGONN
On the subject of "pre-teens", I really don't get what distinguishes pre-teens from children. Aren't they the same thing? Why is everyone so obsessed with them?

I have no idea, I've never counted "pre-teen" as an actual lifestage, its more of a stereotype in my opinion

When I think of pre-teen I think of kids who love boy bands, are going through puberty, will not be seen anywhere with their parents, and say "swag and yolo" at least once in every sentence and make those little charm bracelets with their rainbow looms or whatever its called.

Then I think to myself, I don't want that in my game. Most of those things could be added to either the teen or child stage which gives them more animations and depth, instead of another useless stage that only lasts three or four years in real life.

maybe I should post this in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread. I will probably for sure win the contest.

❤"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened"❤"It's okay for you to disagree with me I can't force you to be right"❤"I don't care what anybody says, sleep is my BFF"❤
Scholar
#1373 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Which doesn't make sense because people lose weight in late adulthood. They gain weight in middle adulthood.

I dunno... my Mom got a lot butt-heavy in her later years....

......if she was still alive, she'd smack me upside the head with a slipper for that comment
damn, but I miss her a lot sometimes...

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#1374 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cece15624
I have no idea, I've never counted "pre-teen" as an actual lifestage, its more of a stereotype in my opinion

When I think of pre-teen I think of kids who love boy bands, are going through puberty, will not be seen anywhere with their parents, and say "swag and yolo" at least once in every sentence and make those little charm bracelets with their rainbow looms or whatever its called.

Then I think to myself, I don't want that in my game. Most of those things could be added to either the teen or child stage which gives them more animations and depth, instead of another useless stage that only lasts three or four years in real life.

maybe I should post this in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread. I will probably for sure win the contest.

I...think you will be hard-pressed to find anyone who wants 'pre-teens'.

EDIT: Apparently I am wrong. I don't like kids very much, although the Sims 2 ones were cute.
Theorist
#1375 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Most games still are.

Meanwhile, asked a while ago, but it got buried I think:

Is there any news aggregator we like while honeywell is taking a break?

Honeywell already answered your question herself. Next page maybe? She suggested http://thesimnation.blogspot.co.uk

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Locked thread
Page 55 of 920