Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 16th May 2009 at 3:49 PM
I see. Did you use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer thing before you tried to upload? Sometimes things get put into the package that shouldn't be there (CC that you know you did not use) and you can use the Clean Installer to take those things out. That way you are uploading exactly what you advertise. That might take care of that problem.

As for too small or too far away screenshots, that's harder to perfect. I would suggest browsing through the lot section of the downloads here on mts2. Take a look at some of the screenshots others take. The screenshot you shared further up this page is too far out. You should try zooming in and centering in on the building itself for a nice view of the front. Take a few more pictures also that is higher up to show off the nicely slanted roof. Is there stuff inside the shelter? Give us a floor plan. That's my advice. You should try showing off the lot in the Creator Feedback Forum if you haven't already (don't recall seeing it in there). If you have used the Creator Feedback Forum before, disregard the following:

There in the Creator Feedback Forum you can get great feedback on your lot. A bit of a warning: lots of the other creators who give feedback can be nit-picking and very critical of what you know is hard work, but don't let it get to you. They are honest and give sound advice. And keep in mind that what they say is only advice. You don't have to actually do anything they suggest. But its often great to get a variety of opinions. It lets you know what prospect downloaders of your lot (or mesh, recolor, or whatever else you might make) look for. People won't download stuff they don't like. Of course, you can never please everybody, so don't even try. If you like a certain suggestion and think its a good idea, do it. And don't give in to frustration. Listening to people poo-poo your creation can be hard.

Anyhow, that's my bit of advice. I personally think the bomb shelter is a neat idea. From what I can see in that tiny, zoomed-out picture you have above, it looks pretty good. Could do with a few smaller dead trees, maybe, if you have the appropriate EP (gosh... what is it?... I can't remember what EP has the dead, creepy trees in them... maybe Apartment Life?... or Nightlife... I can't remember; taking a look in your profile I see you have pretty much every EP and SP made, so you should have that smaller creepy tree hanging around). I'd really like to see the inside. Does it have a basement? There is a wiki hanging around here somewhere that tells how to make a basement if you don't know how...

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Atra gülai un ilian taught ono un atra ono waíse sköliro frá rauthr.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#152 Old 16th May 2009 at 4:55 PM
I'm glad everybody like it
I'll try the 2 cheats out Pegasaus, and I'll make some new pics soon.

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 17th May 2009 at 1:17 AM
Here's my first Menards house. I deviated... a little... I'm the Queen Deviator! It should be my nickname. *snickers* I think I had a tad bit too much pop. I feel like a fruit loop. You know, all goopy and gross and messy.

No, jk, I just feel a little giddy is all.

Now for the pictures. This is my 814 Glen Ellen Lane. Got the name out of the Menards magazine, and the picture of the house in the magazine actually had 814 drawn on it. Is it too boxy? It gives me a boxy feeling. You'd be surprised how many houses in that magazine were boxy. *shrudders* A few good'uns, but not many.
Screenshots

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Test Subject
#154 Old 17th May 2009 at 12:58 PM
hey I did use the Clean Installer and i think it was some of the outside rubbish that i got from retail sims I Thought that they were non distrubutable(?) so i linked it on my post it might be that i had the wii controllers on the maxis games console.
As for the screenshots I was trying a different method that what i previously did(us print screen button, Paste into word then drag onto desktop) the method i used was save the word document as a web page and then open the folder it created and take the pics from there. But word shrinks them down too small. I pasted them into another program i have called Corel Photo editor but then they were too big.(about 350 KB in jpeg format) You see I don't have internet on my laptop and i have to download things from the desktop and carry them across using a memory stick. because of this i cant activate my copy of photoshop CS2 which kinda sucks And I just have so many problems trying to get screen shots its unbeliveable.
Plus I have uninstalled my game because certain maxis items/recolours were playing up and causing my game to crash. and now everytime i try to install them again myh computer just restarts in the middle of loading and it never happens in the same place. I've been trying to install them since 9 o clock yesterday morning and ive only installed two (original and nightlife) so far Ive no idea what it is. I have a HP Pavillion zv5000 laptop running Windows XP Can anybody help?
P.s It is only a basement (I do know how but thanks!) ive included the floorplan if you want to have a look Plus some photos of the house i am trying to make see my post above
Screenshots

"Fragile. Do not drop." -- Posted on the side of a Boeing 747
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 17th May 2009 at 5:31 PM
Okay, a tip on floorplan images. Zoom in only on the building. A sky-view of the yard isn't necessary in a floorplan picture. From this far out its hard to see what's what.

As for the house you want to make, it looks okay in real life but may turn out to be slightly boxy in the game. I don't know. You might want to deviate slightly from the real one and make it a little different.

Your problems with running the game properly is obviously that you picked up a bug somewhere (that's what it sounds like, anyways) and maybe it infected your zip or rar file that you tried to upload? Just a guess...

Test Subject
#156 Old 27th May 2009 at 11:29 AM
Default Second Current Project
And here is my second current project, A very modern and cubismic house.
Forum Resident
#157 Old 27th May 2009 at 11:33 AM
Looks very modern and stylish, Alex!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 27th May 2009 at 1:10 PM
Alex65 -> Nice, nice.

I've already made new house, but I'm going to use it (?) in a contest on another site, so you'll have to wait a little When I finish, I'll put a link to this.
Test Subject
#159 Old 28th May 2009 at 5:58 PM
[QUOTE=Jasiuuu]

Okay
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 29th May 2009 at 8:25 AM
Here it is. Enjoy watching

http://www.sims2design.pl/forum/showthread.php?t=6940

Soon on mts.
Test Subject
#161 Old 29th May 2009 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasiuuu
Here it is. Enjoy watching

http://www.sims2design.pl/forum/showthread.php?t=6940

Soon on mts.

Thats so beautiful jasiuuu.... The garden is awesome..
Forum Resident
#162 Old 29th May 2009 at 10:58 AM
It's amazing, Jasiuu! I don't have all the required EP's though, so I'll just sit here and admire it instead.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 29th May 2009 at 3:07 PM
Ditto DJ. No where near enough EPs and SPs. Too bad most of it is in another language (German??? maybe Italian?). It looks like a villa; is it meant to be? Or is it just a vacation home? Great job, though!

Lab Assistant
#164 Old 29th May 2009 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naeniver
Ditto DJ. No where near enough EPs and SPs. Too bad most of it is in another language (German??? maybe Italian?). It looks like a villa; is it meant to be? Or is it just a vacation home? Great job, though!
It may be vacation home or normal house, but better use it as a house, because there are some orange trees, so sim have an well-paid job. Language is Polish, but all information which you need is in English. Other are just desription.

BTW, this was orginal hose. I've just remade it.

http://i43.tinypic.com/mkcj7a.jpg
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 30th May 2009 at 5:18 AM
I just finished my Beach villa, very luxurious and very modern. i think i worked as long as my italian palace on this one!!, i really wanted it too look good and like it could excist in this world. its spacious and very light, and alot of rooms, i hope it will soon be approved on mod the sims 2 . I also put furniture in it so nobody is complaining anymore that my buildings are unfurnished! :o

averything is build out of basic things, there are only 2 things that are downloaded.
hope you will like it, if you want me to post pictures now, just give me a sign

Scholar
#166 Old 30th May 2009 at 11:17 AM
Jasiuuu-House is like a dream!You worked on each detail very hard and pictures are very good quality!

!jolien!-House is nice,but I don't like modern homes so I can't really comment your house.
Forum Resident
#167 Old 30th May 2009 at 11:23 AM
Jolien, The house is amazing! One thing I notice though, is the edge of the lot isn't flat, is it?
Lots won't be accepted here unless all the edges of the lot is flat.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 30th May 2009 at 11:28 AM
i jus wanted to try , its not perfect, i know, but i like it ^^j next house is a italian vacation home
think thats more your style

And what do you mean by edges ?
Forum Resident
#169 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasiuuu
It may be vacation home or normal house, but better use it as a house, because there are some orange trees, so sim have an well-paid job. Language is Polish, but all information which you need is in English. Other are just desription.

BTW, this was orginal hose. I've just remade it.

http://i43.tinypic.com/mkcj7a.jpg

I love this lot so much! I'm going to download it as soon as possible.
I want to walk into it for real! The garden is amazing!
And I the inside is soo pretty :lovestruc
WOW!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 31st May 2009 at 10:54 PM
just to say that my beach villa is finally online
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:36 AM
just finished a new house, what u think

Lab Assistant
#172 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:07 PM
My last house is available now.

And I have bad news. I made a few paintigs with my new house and i uploaded it, but I've just received a PM with a information, that they're not from game. Where should I write a PM to say, that they're not from the game?

You may see it here:
http://www.sims2design.pl/forum/showthread.php?t=6955
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:30 PM
Here it is, my new house, here is the link to download it, what do you think about it? you like it ?
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=342868

Its a house in a chinese style, i wanted to expiriment with strange shapes, so it would be special from every angle, like the beach house
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:24 PM
okay i have a problem, i made like an italian based huge apartment building, with 2 three stories appartments and private garden, and i wanted to change it in to an appartment and the game said, you cant change it because it cant make appartments of it, but i have the right doors and everything .... i dont get it
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:36 PM

Page 7 of 15