Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#526 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 1:22 PM
Looks great, FP. I wouldn't expect any less from yourself.

Will you be making GTA: VC cars to go with it? Or at least more cars from the era GTA:VC was set in
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#527 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 5:25 AM
I found a technique for making extremely tall buildings-make the land as high as it can go & then put the lot on it-you can make them extremely tall using this method-taller than 34 floors. That's what I'm using in my new liberty city world that I'm working on.
Scholar
Original Poster
#528 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 6:27 PM
Thank you all so much for the feedback again!

I've been working on the city some more, mostly on the last island. I've made a lot more city buildings and am developing more around the little Havana area. I'm not home yet, but will post some new pics when I am. I replaced some of the textures, and made the dark asphalt into the same color/texture as the side walks to blend in more. I also replaced the standard dark rock texture for a new lighter one for a more custom and beachy feel to it, and it blends in more easily.

As of right now, I don't even have Late Night, so I still don't know if I will include any late night features in it. Probably once I am completely finished with the world, I'll buy late night and make a different version.

Also, I'm also considering removing the underwater road that I made for the custom boat to go on to the little island with the shack on it. I love the little private island with the house, but the routing is strange when sims can walk on water or take taxis on it. So I'm not sure what to do with that.

Thank you all so much for hanging in there so long, and I appreciate all the feedback that has helped me. I'll continue to work on this for as long as I can.
Test Subject
#529 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lennon7777777
I found a technique for making extremely tall buildings-make the land as high as it can go & then put the lot on it-you can make them extremely tall using this method-taller than 34 floors.

There are really two techniques for making really tall buildings. The first is to use the construction tricks used by FP here or what you suggest. The second is to make a deco building like those in the New York World. The thing about a deco building is that they can be placed on top of an existing building.

The advantage of the deco building is the sky is the limit (literally) as to how tall the building is. One can have 34 floors, or 340 floors. These can be very simple structures, basically a cube (or a series of cubes layered upon each other) with a texture pasted on it. Object creation does not get simpler than that! It certainly is withing FP's abilities.

But one can also make more complex structures. EA's buildings are among the most complex models in the game.
Test Subject
#530 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 1:20 PM
Brilliant!! Excellent!! Words cannot describe what a masterpiece you are making!! Reminded me of days when I was only 9 years old and played GTA VC with keen interest. Now I am 13, and I have an opportunity to go back in TS3 form. :lovestruc

Will you be making some houses enterable, for example: North Point Mall, Apartment 3C?
Wiki Wizard
#531 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 3:36 PM
Yeh i think you should stick without LN for the main download, I don't have LN either, so ya know my only reason is that i want to be able to play it xD

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Field Researcher
#532 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 5:40 PM
I cant remember If I asked if this was made with WA or not ? I hope not :S I had a look back to see if you maybe mentioned this or if I had asked and just forgotten again >.<
Test Subject
#533 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 12:59 PM
Great Pics of Little Havana FP (prev page) Looking forward to an updated beta :D
Field Researcher
#534 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 4:49 AM
How's the progress been going?
Test Subject
#535 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 6:05 AM
Hey FP, this world is amazing. PLEASE dont take out the island house, that boat taxi thing is a great idea and I hope you can get the boat to appear and not the taxi I have probably 1/4 of all your TS3 cars and they are awesome. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS CITY!!! Im not trying to be a burden or whatever, but I think the Tropic would be a nice addition, in all the games it was my favorite boat and I would always get so mad when I blew it up attempting to kill the guy driving it lol .

http://gta.wikia.com/Tropic
Lab Assistant
#536 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 1:52 AM
You can keep the Island house, it's just the boat crossing you need to consider. Looking out into the ocean from the Main Islands and seeing a mysterious little island house is still good, maybe make it Bermuda Triangle-ish somehow. And some people can teleport over to it.

Any new pics by the way?
Scholar
Original Poster
#537 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 11:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

It will only require base game as of now.

So I don't really have any individual pics of the new lots, but I've been working on all sorts of random things around town. I've been making some interiors, adding some rabbitholes, made new buildings in the downtown area, improving the terrain and roads, adding some more lighting, and more. So the changes may not seem very noticeable, but they are there. I made a new page for Vice City on my website, and I uploaded some new "official" pictures of the city if you want to check it out. > http://freshprincecreations.com/ts3vicecity.htm

Here are some pics from my site that show some of the changes.

The new rock texture that replaced the default dark rock:

Additions to Downtown, along with the new replaced concrete texture to match the side walks:

And then a pic I thought would fit in Vice City
Theorist
#538 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 12:49 AM
It looks even better now!
Like the way you clustered certain things together, very good.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#539 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 7:37 AM
Love it, Love it, Love it! I really like the new rock texture, and that skyline-wow! I completely love this world & vice city-it's gettin' old, but it will always be the best! One question-is vice beach (the eastern island) modeled after vice city's rendition, and the mainland modeled after the VCS rendition, because I saw the moist palms construction, and the mendez building.
Field Researcher
#540 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:01 AM
Ugh Loooved the videeo thanks so much, I cant wait to see The Malibu club be accessable like LN features etc, OMG I just get goose pimples thinking about it lol and just having my sims dance the night away to 60's beats woop!! he he The ambience is just heaving out of the city right now all I can say is keep doing what your doing lol would you be making characters form the story when the time comes ? x
Test Subject
#541 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 12:44 AM
Default Looking G'd
Wow, job well done FP The new textures look great too. My only criticism is that it only includes base game objects etc. VC would look so much better with bridges etc.

Any chance of uploading an updated Beta that includes the additions to the western half of VC?
Test Subject
#542 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 5:09 PM
Yours is the best world I have found - originally found out about it before I got the Sims 3 when I was deciding whether to buy it or not and thought it would be worth it just to download your beta. I like sending my sims from one end of town to the other just so I can follow them and look at your city in admiration. It's far better than Bridgeport which came with Late Night (if you did get this expansion pack the only thing you could change to give it even more realism would be replace the juice bars in your clubs/bars with the NL bars that seem to spawn mixologists to serve intoxicating cocktails and then you have options to set the community lot type to a dive bar, local watering hole, dance club,etc - the actual apartment side of it is rubbish compared to Apartment Life and your skyscrapers look far better than the skyscraper shells that the LN apartments are built on and which you can only have one household living in).

Needless to say I am eagerly waiting for you to finish your world. I know that because you have lots of other commitments that you have trouble finding the time to work on it and it could take up to next year for you to complete it but you have done quite a bit to your world since you posted the beta for downloading - those new pictures you posted look really amazing. Please could you, as Digger065 suggested, upload an updated beta. This would keep me and probably everyone else who has posted feed back here happy enough until you can finish it.
Test Subject
#543 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essexgirl
Please could you, as Digger065 suggested, upload an updated beta. This would keep me and probably everyone else who has posted feed back here happy enough until you can finish it.

Same here
Field Researcher
#544 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by henriquedematos
Same here

Me, too!
Test Subject
#545 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 2:21 PM
Your buildings don't look too good.
mature minion
retired moderator
#546 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoverBoy

Really? I think he's made them brilliantly fit the vice city / miami style and has done really great work. I'd be interested to hear a more in depth reason why you don't like the look of the buildings, it might also be helpful to the creator? Saying something isn't good is about as useful as a chocolate teapot if you don't say why it isn't good or what could be improved.
Inventor
#547 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 6:19 PM

.. where are your buildings? As the person above me said, you should be a bit more specific as this post is for feedback. Also I must say I completely disagree with you. This is one of the best and most thouroughly done neighbourhoods ever made. Enjoy Riverview as we speak..
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#548 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 7:52 PM
The only thing I can say is WOW! It just keeps getting better and better. Keep up the good work :-)
Test Subject
#549 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 3:38 PM

I just wanted to say that I stand by what I said in my previous post that FreshPrince's Vice City is better than EA have, or could come up with - including his buildings. I strongly disagree with LoverBoy's comment. I also think that if he felt the need to post such a negative comment, as Tee Hee Hee and Malfoya have said, he should have stated his reasons for what he thought was wrong with them and what he thought could be done to improve them to make them more to his liking - although personally I can't see what his problem is with them I really like them.

There's nothing like constructive criticism - and that was nothing like constructive criticism.
Test Subject
#550 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 12:09 PM
I was "gob smacked" at how well FP fleshed out VC. Such a brilliant job of recreating a classic GTA city as he does with all of his other creations including the meticulous detail he puts into his cars.

Loverboy is clearly a troll, the WOWarcraft forums must have been down for him/her to come here
Locked thread
Page 22 of 30