Replies: 253 (Who?), Viewed: 147760 times.
Page 11 of 11
Instructor
Original Poster
#251 Old 14th May 2021 at 5:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkyMilk
Hi everyone! Hope this thread is still alive, because I'm really in love with this challenge. I started playing it and after few quarters all my peasant families became yeomans, so now there are no carpenters or fishermen in my settlement Where can I get new peasant and yeoman families when the old ones will rise in class? Hope for answer and sorry if it was already here, my English is very bad

Hmm! This is a problem I've not come across before, MilkyMilk! I'm stumped!

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Top Secret Researcher
#252 Old 15th May 2021 at 5:42 PM
@vllygrl -I've planned for that to come up in mine as it's a colony and some of the new settlers to my colony might be first nations couples joining the colony and others might be from Africa coming as service sims and another is convicts being sent over on exile instead of sent to prison.IIt can be convicts being sent over in any case and brining in others from a distant land to be in service is another option even if the challenge is set in Old World Europe instead of a New World colony like mine is.
Instructor
Original Poster
#253 Old 23rd May 2021 at 1:01 AM
@TadOlson: Excellent suggestions - you've thought ahead with your colony, and these ideas could work for many simmers!
@MilkyMilk: Welcome to the MCC and I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge! Sometimes, depending on how the dice rolls go, some families will have a founder and his adult (or teen) brother or cousin, so same surname. According to challenge guidelines, these sims would belong to the same class, and would move out and create their own homes and families. This is one way you would have "other" peasants, because even if brother #1 is fortunate to move up a station, his brother #2 does not get to ride on his coattails and move up at the same time; brother #2 has to do so on his own merits. Also, it is not that easy to move up, especially for peasants, so not all your peasants will be so fortunate! If you find it is too easy, make it harder for them! Add some ROS's that might add unfortunate events to their lives or make the rules/guidelines stricter!
Also, see TadOlson's excellent ideas above - first nations couples or singles, service sims, convicts and I would suggest second round immigrants as well, can all join your settlement at some point as needed. Also, as your settlement grows and moves to the next level, new sims are added.

Hope this helps! Have fun! Cheers, Vllygrl

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Top Secret Researcher
#254 Old 23rd May 2021 at 6:25 PM
@vllygrl I've been using history to inspire me on growing my colony in the new world and immigration did happen in Old World Europe with some fleeing a war torn territry to find safety and that meant they changed their home if a war broke out in their homeland and forced them to leave.I also know that some began to prosper in Tudor times and that some colonies in the New World were actually established in the 16th century as a way of leaving famine and crop failures behind when weather patterns in Europe changed because a volcanic Eruption altered them.
Page 11 of 11