Replies: 16 (Who?), Viewed: 4438 times.
Rubric Wrangler
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 7:45 PM Last edited by Hellfrozeover : 10th Dec 2019 at 12:30 AM.
Default Father Winter's House Challenge

It's that time of year again when TS4's Father Winter emerges from his cave to spread the Winterfest spirit, handing out presents and drinking all the orange juice...
But in his old age, the cold weather gets into Father Winter's joints - why do you think he's always breaking into people's houses to hang out near the fireplace? Sure, a nice glass of mulled wine helps, but sleeping in a cold, damp cave all summer is really getting stale!

So here is where you come in!
Design a new home by January 1st, ready for Father Winter to settle down in comfort after the excitement of the Winterfest Holidays. Remember to style it to his taste - he's a festive man! And a new workshop for making toys would surely be appreciated. The challenge is open for all games, not just TS4, so no sim gets left out!

Bonus Category: Get the spare room ready! Mrs. Crumplebottom will be visiting soon. And don't think a blow-up mattress will suffice - she demands that her accommodations should meet her exact specifications. If you need some inspiration, check out some of the builds from our Mrs. Crumplebottom's Hideaway Challenge.

Bonus Category: Father Winter isn't a materialistic guy - he loves to give; not to take! He would feel much more comfortable in a more modest accommodation - consider his feelings and build with a budget of 30k simoleons.


Hopefully Father Winter will have a nice place to live soon and won't have to hang around your house all day!

And special thanks to Site Helper zoe22 for writing up this wonderful intro post!

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 12:19 AM
Never having played TS4... Am I right in reading Father Winter as a Santa Claus / Father Christmas type character?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 2:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Never having played TS4... Am I right in reading Father Winter as a Santa Claus / Father Christmas type character?

That's right. He wears light blue instead of red. Just in case you were to want to colour co-ordinate an entry with that in mind.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Rubric Wrangler
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 2:05 PM
@Zarathustra - Here's a picture of the very dapper man himself, courtesy of Hellfrozeover!


The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 11:16 PM
I remade OuneOuas' North Pole house as a mansion for Krampus and the Horrorday Gang (Jerry the Psycho Reindeer and Luca the Snowmobster). Probably wouldn't count for this contest though, right?

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 5:54 PM
Is this like the Mrs. Crumplebottom challenge in that we're just posting photos in this thread, with actually uploading the resultant lot left up to the discretion of the creator? Or is it more in the line of a theme where there's an expectation of upload?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Tartan McBadgerface
staff: administrator
#7 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 9:37 PM
@BulldozerIvan - I kind of want to see that though

@Zarathustra - It's like the Crumplebottom Challenge, although anything you want to upload is totally welcome
Instructor
#8 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 12:48 AM Last edited by BulldozerIvan : 10th Dec 2019 at 2:40 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfrozeover
@BulldozerIvan - I kind of want to see that though

@Zarathustra - It's like the Crumplebottom Challenge, although anything you want to upload is totally welcome


Hard to resist a setup like that. But I'd have to show side-by-side pics of the Krampus version with OuneOas' more jolly version for the joke to make sense. Like a series of before and after pics. May have to link a lot of pics to do it. I'll look into it.

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Instructor
#9 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 3:42 PM
Default Since you asked nicely...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfrozeover
@BulldozerIvan - I kind of want to see that though

@Zarathustra - It's like the Crumplebottom Challenge, although anything you want to upload is totally welcome


Well, you wanted it, you got it! OuneOuas' North Pole for Santa, versus the Krampus corruption!
















You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Tartan McBadgerface
staff: administrator
#10 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 9:45 PM
A true masterpiece.
Instructor
#11 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 3:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfrozeover
A true masterpiece.


I've actually started making Krampus corruption lots to the tune of a new one every year. On a more recent one, I got a little more creative. He replaces a merry massive town clock in the town center with a winged pig demon statue, wearing a creepy clock on its collar.

He also turns one of the homes on that lot into an OCD sufferer's worst nightmare, as well as replacing a friendly meeting room with a house of mirrors. He adds a basement to one home he vandalizes... that leads to a lava chamber. Basically, a portal to Hell.

He steals the arcade machines from the arcade, replacing one with a coffin and leaving the rest of the arcade desolate. He changes the fencing around a once-festive music stage, to make it look like Gangland, USA. When not eating naughty children, he is a prolific vandal. Who looks at street taggers and arsonists and thinks: "Rank amateurs!"

He leaves one building festive...on the outside. As a mockery of what the town center used to be. He also replaces most fencing and the big snow hill display backboard with prison walls.

Never underestimate an angry goat-man vampire in a dingy Santa suit that has his own twisted magic. He's now effectively the Grinch on meth.

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 2:40 PM
My version of Father winter's house:







"Cat stuff?!" You might say, but Mrs Winter wants the best for her cat baby. Currently she isn't home though :p. 

The house itself is quite based off, from those lemax miniature Christmas houses (Which I adore!) And I figured that this definitely would work perfectly for Father Winter and his wife.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 7:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohHound
@Zarathustra - Here's a picture of the very dapper man himself, courtesy of Hellfrozeover!



Can I ask where this hat and robe are from?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 8:39 PM


* * *

Father Winter's Workshop

Before dawn Christmas morning Saint Nick returned home
His sleigh gliding down 'neath the star-frosted dome
The reindeer had carried him all 'round the world
Through cold wintry snow as it howled and swirled

As daylight's first rays touched the holiday skies
Santa knew that the children all soon would arise
Running downstairs and delighted to see
A great heap of presents stacked under the tree

Another year's work was now come to a close
As Saint Nick headed home to the far northern snows
A little log cabin tucked back in the trees
Warm and dry all throughout the cold Winter's long freeze.

The sleigh floated gracefully down from the sky
Landing smooth by the stables, with hay warm and dry
The reindeer had pulled all throughout the long night
And were happy to rest from another year's flight

Brushing snow from his coat Saint Nick strode 'cross the floor
With a musical creak he swung open the door
Mrs. Claus stirred from her nap upon Santa's return
And built up the fire that now brightly did burn

She called to the elves that now Santa was back
and they dashed down the stairs, the whole cheerful pack
In their bright Christmas best the elves were quite a sight
With hats freshly pointed and bells shining bright

Nearly a year they had spent crafting toys
For Santa to bring to the young girls and boys
But that work was over, and it was time for some fun
Since now Christmas Day had just barely begun

* * *




* * *

The new-fallen snow still lay thick on the ground
And the flakes in the air were still dancing around
A white Christmas beckoned the elves out to play
And they all ran outdoors, not a second's delay

Elves at play in the snow is a sight to be seen
Tiny figures all clad in bright red and bright green
Making snow-men or angels in a blanket of snow
With never a care for the wind's frosty blow

But for elves there is nothing to ever compare
To a snowball fight held in the cold morning air
And this Christmas morn now would be no exception
Of that there can truly be no misperception

It was many an hour 'fore the elves came back in
And on each rosy face was the same happy grin
But Christmas Day's more than just play in the snow
Which is something each elf could be trusted to know

* * *




* * *

Mrs. Claus had been working away in the kitchen
On her very own personal Christmas Day mission
Baking sauces and stuffings and rolls and roast beef
'Til the food on the counters just beggared belief

A holiday feast can be no small affair
(which explains why they seem to be so very rare)
But this table was laden with treats to delight
In the fire's warm glow and soft flickering light

The warmth of the fire filled the cabin's main hall
And holiday ribbons adorned every wall
The table was groaning from the lavish feast's weight
As Saint Nick and the elves each filled up a plate

And after the main course was all cleared away
It was time for desserts to be put on display
With cookies and puddings and candies and pies
The Elves jumped with joy at this festive surprise

* * *




* * *

Later that evening they sat 'round the fire
As the snow out the window piled up ever higher
All opening gifts they had made one another
Sharing toys and good cheer between sister and brother

As the evening wore on on that cold Christmas night
And the sky outside danced in the bright northern lights
Saint Nick and the elves, they sang songs and played games
And stories were shared 'round the crackling flames

Later that night as the fire burned lower
The elves' singing voices rang out a bit slower
And as stars twinkled bright in the sky overhead
The elves one by one headed on up to bed.

And just like good children the whole world 'round
Soon each elf was tucked into bed safe and sound
And Santa himself soon was starting to yawn
Another wonderful Christmas was now come and gone

As Christmas day finally draws to a close
The cabin sleeps peaceful 'neath wintery snows
And the flakes drifting down catch a magical light
As they cover the world in a blanket of white.

* * *


Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#15 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 5:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra


* * *

Father Winter's Workshop

Before dawn Christmas morning Saint Nick returned home
His sleigh gliding down 'neath the star-frosted dome
The reindeer had carried him all 'round the world
Through cold wintry snow as it howled and swirled

As daylight's first rays touched the holiday skies
Santa knew that the children all soon would arise
Running downstairs and delighted to see
A great heap of presents stacked under the tree

Another year's work was now come to a close
As Saint Nick headed home to the far northern snows
A little log cabin tucked back in the trees
Warm and dry all throughout the cold Winter's long freeze.

The sleigh floated gracefully down from the sky
Landing smooth by the stables, with hay warm and dry
The reindeer had pulled all throughout the long night
And were happy to rest from another year's flight

Brushing snow from his coat Saint Nick strode 'cross the floor
With a musical creak he swung open the door
Mrs. Claus stirred from her nap upon Santa's return
And built up the fire that now brightly did burn

She called to the elves that now Santa was back
and they dashed down the stairs, the whole cheerful pack
In their bright Christmas best the elves were quite a sight
With hats freshly pointed and bells shining bright

Nearly a year they had spent crafting toys
For Santa to bring to the young girls and boys
But that work was over, and it was time for some fun
Since now Christmas Day had just barely begun

* * *




* * *

The new-fallen snow still lay thick on the ground
And the flakes in the air were still dancing around
A white Christmas beckoned the elves out to play
And they all ran outdoors, not a second's delay

Elves at play in the snow is a sight to be seen
Tiny figures all clad in bright red and bright green
Making snow-men or angels in a blanket of snow
With never a care for the wind's frosty blow

But for elves there is nothing to ever compare
To a snowball fight held in the cold morning air
And this Christmas morn now would be no exception
Of that there can truly be no misperception

It was many an hour 'fore the elves came back in
And on each rosy face was the same happy grin
But Christmas Day's more than just play in the snow
Which is something each elf could be trusted to know

* * *




* * *

Mrs. Claus had been working away in the kitchen
On her very own personal Christmas Day mission
Baking sauces and stuffings and rolls and roast beef
'Til the food on the counters just beggared belief

A holiday feast can be no small affair
(which explains why they seem to be so very rare)
But this table was laden with treats to delight
In the fire's warm glow and soft flickering light

The warmth of the fire filled the cabin's main hall
And holiday ribbons adorned every wall
The table was groaning from the lavish feast's weight
As Saint Nick and the elves each filled up a plate

And after the main course was all cleared away
It was time for desserts to be put on display
With cookies and puddings and candies and pies
The Elves jumped with joy at this festive surprise

* * *




* * *

Later that evening they sat 'round the fire
As the snow out the window piled up ever higher
All opening gifts they had made one another
Sharing toys and good cheer between sister and brother

As the evening wore on on that cold Christmas night
And the sky outside danced in the bright northern lights
Saint Nick and the elves, they sang songs and played games
And stories were shared 'round the crackling flames

Later that night as the fire burned lower
The elves' singing voices rang out a bit slower
And as stars twinkled bright in the sky overhead
The elves one by one headed on up to bed.

And just like good children the whole world 'round
Soon each elf was tucked into bed safe and sound
And Santa himself soon was starting to yawn
Another wonderful Christmas was now come and gone

As Christmas day finally draws to a close
The cabin sleeps peaceful 'neath wintery snows
And the flakes drifting down catch a magical light
As they cover the world in a blanket of white.

* * *



Zaruthastra gets my vote. I'm so impressed, I think I'll spare it from Krampusification.

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 3:09 PM
Default Santa's Secret
Well, did you know that the Father has another home in the Southern Hemisphere? Apparently he liked the idea of spending some time in a summer somewhere.
It is a modern home too! With a swimming pool and a hot tub and plenty of other entertainment - but he has a workshop too, and makes toys as diligently as when he is in Lapland.
There are plenty of sleeping space for the elves when they come to help.
Enough bathrooms for everyone as well!
And, while the home is ultra modern and a bit minimalist, the Crumplebottom quarter is more old-fashioned; because she still insists to visit. Having a bubble blower outside her front door on the way to the pool helps - she tends to get distracted by it and leave the swimmers in their swimwear alone.

Of course there are a number of Christmas trees.


And a BBQ Lapa


As wonderful interior




A neat workshop


And here is Crumplebottom's place:



All the pics are attached, I have not inserted all of them into the text - had a lot of fun, thank you
Mad Poster
#17 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 6:18 PM
Was there going to be a sticker associated with this challenge like the other recent ones? Or did I just somehow wrongly assume that after the Mrs. Crumplebottom one? I just noticed none seem to have been awarded...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Back to top