3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#251 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dadebabe09
Two hacks I would love to see is where you can assign people in regular houses rooms. They go there to do homework and sleep ONLY in that bed. I know the game says that they 'remember' which bed is theirs, but they really don't.

It would be nice to get that happen simply. But it can be accomplished now with Mog Hughson's mod http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312004 (There's another for university assignments) and Twojeffs' Smart Beds http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#252 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 3:06 PM
How about one where you can leave a child home alone while your Sim goes to a community lot, or during that one hour before parents get home from work? Social Worker only comes if starvation is an issue. I wouldn't mind a hack like that, parents could just make dinner for the kiddies ahead of time and put away leftovers.

Which reminds me: When I make group meals and put the leftovers away, only teen or older can actually serve it. How about a hack where a child can serve those leftovers?
Scholar
#253 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
How about one where you can leave a child home alone while your Sim goes to a community lot, or during that one hour before parents get home from work? Social Worker only comes if starvation is an issue. I wouldn't mind a hack like that, parents could just make dinner for the kiddies ahead of time and put away leftovers.

Which reminds me: When I make group meals and put the leftovers away, only teen or older can actually serve it. How about a hack where a child can serve those leftovers?

1) XPTL297/Insinenator made a mod that children can stay alone. It's part of the "Project Little Lone".

2) MogHughson made a mod "Simply Leftovers" to put away group meals as single meals. Maybe this helps instead of serving.
Lab Assistant
#254 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 6:32 PM
:lovestruc Garambola - Thank you for turning me on to twojeffs and simbology. I get so freaked out about mods...don't know why...just do, but he has some great things there.

Thank you so much!

http://lifedownloaded.shutterfly.com
Inventor
#255 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 7:57 PM

It's been a long, long time since I've played without hacks so anyone is free to correct me if this is wrong but I think you actually could get away with not having a parent there for an hour after school because it takes a while for the social worker to arrive after the warning appears. I'm certain I've done this but like I said, I may have had a hack that allows it?

kittens!
Mad Poster
#256 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
It's been a long, long time since I've played without hacks so anyone is free to correct me if this is wrong but I think you actually could get away with not having a parent there for an hour after school because it takes a while for the social worker to arrive after the warning appears. I'm certain I've done this but like I said, I may have had a hack that allows it?

I've never had the situation arise where a child was home alone for one Sim hour. The only time I've had children taken away was while playing Life Stories and I didn't realize that children had to do homework. I kept getting all these warnings and I was thinking...whatever...wound up getting a little boy and his infant sister taken away.

I was a complete n00b then.
Scholar
#257 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
2) MogHughson made a mod "Simply Leftovers" to put away group meals as single meals. Maybe this helps instead of serving.
This is one of those mods that I CAN'T live without now! I use it all the time, especially for those meals made from fresh fish

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
#258 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 11:39 PM
I would love to see Witches being able to make fire on Community lots and Medication from the Viral Station that is buyable and sellable AND actually cures any and all sickness but doesn't make Sims immune to a certain disease. That would be one Hack I'd be ready to go for in a heartbeat!

Cheers Demonica / Simplatinheights
Mad Poster
#259 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 6:06 AM
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing one where a toddler can cuddle a baby like they would a pet.
Test Subject
#260 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 4:04 PM
I'm a big fan of hacks which increase autonomy - I'd love to see a mod which lets sims Propose engagement/marriage/move in/stay the night - it would make for a big shake up of my vanilla neighbourhood!!
Also on the topic of leftovers, it would be nice to have an autonomous 'Get leftovers' option - would stop my Asylum sims from starving to death when the food supplies are 'empty' but there are leftovers in the fridge
Scholar
#261 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sukijay
Also on the topic of leftovers, it would be nice to have an autonomous 'Get leftovers' option - would stop my Asylum sims from starving to death when the food supplies are 'empty' but there are leftovers in the fridge

Dizzy has a mod for getting leftovers if available instead of cooking. It's included in the anthology (available at Crazy Town or The Laden Swallow).
Alchemist
#262 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 7:05 PM
Dizzy has a mod for getting leftovers if available instead of cooking. It's included in the anthology (available at Crazy Town or The Laden Swallow).

Does anyone have a link for this mod? I can't find it at The Laden Swallow, though I've looked. When I try Crazy Town, it gives me "an error has occurred". Thank you.
Test Subject
#263 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Does anyone have a link for this mod? I can't find it at The Laden Swallow, though I've looked. When I try Crazy Town, it gives me "an error has occurred". Thank you.

http://www.nectere.net/smf/index.ph...3e&topic=1140.0

It's the anthology seasons .zip just found it.
Test Subject
#264 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2

Crazy Town:

http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/

You must register in order to view and download from the site.
Test Subject
#265 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 7:33 PM

Thanks!
Test Subject
#266 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 7:46 PM
Also a hack where NPCs can be generated with the custom skins already installed would be cool :O
Field Researcher
#267 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 7:54 PM
^^ If you townify your skins, new NPCs will use them.

On the other hand....SWINGE!
Alchemist
#268 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sukijay
http://www.nectere.net/smf/index.ph...3e&topic=1140.0

It's the anthology seasons .zip just found it.

Thank you. That's a big help!
Alchemist
#269 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elaine marley2908
Crazy Town:

http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/

You must register in order to view and download from the site.

Thanks, elaine.
Lab Assistant
#270 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 7:14 AM
I really miss one things from TS1: Camera!
In TS2 you can have no walls, you can see only external walls, and, ofc, all walls. But my houses are usually small and I can't see anything in "all walls", so I end up rarely seeing most of walls at all. And this kills the home-y feeling of warmth and coziness I want it like in TS1, when the walls were hiding on hover.
Mad Poster
#271 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 12:41 PM
Is there a hack out there that makes it so a pregnant Sim heads for the NEAREST toilet to toss her cookies? Why oh WHY does my Sim have to go upstairs to the bathroom furthest away to make her offering to the porcelain god?
Mad Poster
#272 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 4:03 PM
Another one I'd like to see:

Moving a grave does not make a Sim realize a fear of someone dying.

Here's what happened: Cassandra Lothario had twin toddlers, Isabella and Nicolo. Both twins had rolled a Fear of Relative Dies. When their grandfather Mortimer Goth died, it put their aspiration into solid red. Okay, fine, Don and Cassandra snuggled them and talked to them, they're back in the green.

Now here's my issue: When Cassandra moved her father's grave, both her children went back into the red, because they'd both, once again, rolled a Fear for Relative Dies.

The hack I'd like to see: Moving a grave doesn't mean someone has died--they're already dead.
Instructor
#273 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 6:00 PM
Another one I'd like to see:

Moving a grave does not make a Sim realize a fear of someone dying.

Here's what happened: Cassandra Lothario had twin toddlers, Isabella and Nicolo. Both twins had rolled a Fear of Relative Dies. When their grandfather Mortimer Goth died, it put their aspiration into solid red. Okay, fine, Don and Cassandra snuggled them and talked to them, they're back in the green.

Now here's my issue: When Cassandra moved her father's grave, both her children went back into the red, because they'd both, once again, rolled a Fear for Relative Dies.

The hack I'd like to see: Moving a grave doesn't mean someone has died--they're already dead.

Had they actually met Mortimer? I know that used to be an issue for me. Tons of young simies all going to red because uncle dan died, even though technically they've never met him before. There's a hack out there (I think on MATY) where sims don't telepathically realize a relative has died unless they've actually met them and that usually cures that problem.

Now if they have met the relative... well, I cosign on that aspect for toddlers. But for older sims I actually kind of relate to reliving the fear - but it's more a personal deal with me. There was a death in my family not too long ago, and a week later at the memorial service it was like she had died all over again. Even now, sometimes it just hits me that she's really (still) gone, and it's like finding out she'd died again.

But it's different for everyone, and I think in general that sounds like a reasonable hack
Mad Poster
#274 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 6:09 PM
Yes, they met Mortimer, he helped potty train one of them.
Mad Poster
#275 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 12:32 AM
Another hack I'd like to see: If more than one Sim in a college household is in a secret society, all of them should be able to go to the SS lot at the same time, instead of one Sim at a time. I had a married couple, both of them in a secret society, and they couldn't both go to the SS lot together.
Page 11 of 582