Locked thread | Replies: 1670 (Who?), Viewed: 397898 times. | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 8 of 67
Test Subject
#176 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 12:25 AM Last edited by bloodsight : 29th Jul 2009 at 2:26 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond123Girl
:O im selling my sims for that reason alone. It's to darn slow but i can still post ideas ^^.

Of course you can. And I also agree with bringing back some of the old content, BRING BACK THE CRAZYNESS, and aspiration failure I did love that, because I am horrible to my sims.

But I do kinda feel like the game is going a tad bit backward. I mean In the sims 2 they could whohoo almost anywhere, but now, It almost seems like they are trying to bring back the popkiss.

I'm not hallucinating that right, in the sims 1 they did make babies by kissing. Or I'm getting my wires crossed?
Scholar
#177 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 3:52 AM
Well, in the base game before the lovebed and hot tub, if 2 sims had a love relationship, if they kissed sometimes it would ask if you wanted to have a baby, but most of the time the phone would ring and they'd ask your sims if they wanted to adopt a baby. But after the lovebed and hot tub were added, they had to woohoo to get that option.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 4:01 AM Last edited by Angstrom : 29th Jul 2009 at 4:19 AM.
I would like to see an expansion focusing on food and gardening.

* More realistic plants - let lettuces grow on the ground, and onions below it.
* New crops - oranges, strawberries, cucumber, peas, carrots etc.
* Allow Sims to bake bread, useful to make sandwiches, hot dogs, etc.
* Cultural diversity in meals - rice and curry, kebab, cous-cous salads, meatballs, nasi goreng etc.
* Appliances - cooktops, half-size fridges, deep fryers, household coffee makers etc.
* Fumes from cooking should annoy other people in the room, so there is a reason having the kitchen separate from the living room. Range hoods would decrease the problem.
* Fast-food stands.
* Allow Sims to pack meals and eat them elsewhere. (Preferrably before the food gets foul.)
* Packed meals sold in the grocery store.
* Lunch breaks at work.
* Visible restaurants.
* Higher food quality from the beginning, with fast drop, so new-cooked meals are more delicious than three-hour old meals.
* Juices.
* Plantsims.
* Fixing the recipes so that they don't self-destruct when read.
* Grilled cheese trait.
Test Subject
#179 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 6:11 AM
After reading through many different ideas I have seen many things that definitely appeal to me. One idea I saw was "City Life" which would be similar to Sims2 Nightlife. I like this because I think that we definitely need a wider variety of community lots such as the clubs, stores, and what not. I think in addition to the clubs, maybe the idea of Apartment Life could be incorporated. I never had Apartment Life, so I'm not sure exactly how it worked, but having an option to rent an apartment or something would be neat. I know that a lot of people enjoyed Open For Business and it would be neat to maybe add the business options in as well. That's probably adding in too much, but hey, I can dream. (:

I never got to play Bon Voyage. I remember hating the loading screens in the first sims. And I know I hated the loading screens in the second, without the BV expansion pack. I know there is a lot of speculation about the "Destionation Adventure/World Adventure" expansion pack, and I think that makes sense. With this seamless neighborhood, I think that would be the first expansion to come to mind. More places to go, right? I love this idea and hope that its really being considered. A lot of people didn't like the BV expansion pack, but with the Sims 3 working differently, I think it could definitely be a lot more fun. Hopefully this expansion pack would incorporate the swimmable oceans and weather. Vacations without weather would be a bit dull, I think. Adding in some of the super natural would be neat to a vacation expansion as well, but probably asking too much.

I loved Pets in my games. I never played them much with the lag, but I did love them. I would love to see the pets come back (especially witht he pet show opprotunity like in the original sims). That's just me. I read also about farms and zoos. That would be awesome, if they did do a pets expansion. It would make it worth buying. Though, I could see the Zoo being a rabbit hole... Farming would add to the gardening and make it more interesting. Some may argue that gardening is already like farming... Which is true.

Free Time was boring to me. I can see the appeal to hobbies and stuff, and I would love to see them, but... As a expansion pack all on its own?? I don't really like that idea. Maybe if something else was added to that idea. University... Would be neat, to be honest. I liked the University, but.. I would like being able to have students attend the University from home. This could use the apartment idea from the beginning of my post too. Along with that, they could live on campus too. That could probably get confusing though. Hmm. Maybe a University/Free Time combination would be a better idea. I dunno. I also wondered if maybe a Community College idea would be more appealing to people that didn't like the waste of time that the college experience was? Probably thats too much like the skill classes though.

I love the seamless neighborhood in my game. I saw someone mention a Sim Nation idea, where things were added into the game. I love that! I can see issues with it though (lag!!) but, scrolling out and being able to see your whole city with no loading screens is so appealing. I hope that this can be continued with any expansions that may be added to the game.

Rabbit holes... Sigh. I think that the game needs them. It was very disappointing to me the first time that I played the game that I could not see my sim doing whatever they were doing, but its a necessity. As cool as seeing a concert, sports game, or movie in game would be... It would end up being a loop of either one or a few of the same things over and over again. So, as long as its not something drastic like the whole vacation being "rabbit holed" (i.e.; they leave in a taxi and there is a bar under the interaction showing time that they are away) I can live with some rabbit hole locations.

Other cool ideas I would love to see: being able to make jewlery, shelves/display cases, new traits (already want more, hehe), more careers, body shop (very hopeful >.<), and seasons/weather which include holidays.

Other expansion packs that I loved the ideas for: Arts, Adventure/Extreme, and Kids/"Game Night."

Long post... >.< Just kinda voicing a lot of my opinions after reading through threads. Hehe. (:
Field Researcher
#180 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 6:17 AM
The pets need to be less annoying if it comes out.

All my animals did was beg for attention while I was trying to do more important things, like tend to my baby or fix dinner.

Also, all those damn dogs dug up in my yard. I had to buy fences and block animals out, which then annoyed my pets because they loved to greet the mailman.
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 6:37 AM Last edited by Angstrom : 29th Jul 2009 at 9:03 PM.
If EA are smart, the first EP would be the least glamorous and least marketable, mainly containing stuff that should have gone into the base game, but for some reason or another did not make it. It will sell, regardless of content.

Why is the first EP called Destination Adventures then? The Sims 2: Bon Voyage was very marketable, but had some major flaws:
* Though adding three beautiful neighborhoods (only University had that many), the replayability was low. Playing each vacation once or twice was usually enough.
* Loading screens.
* Tours, supposed to be the main plot, taking place off-screen.
* Bugs/flawed features - such as the Tai Chi Override, and all the fire-dance troubles.
* No real character development: no careers, no useful skills, no manufacturing stations.

It wasn't poor, but not at all what you would expect from the sixth EP. (Otherwise, they get increasingly better.)

My preferred list of EP:s would be, in increasing coolness order:

1: Destination Adventure
2: Do-It-Yourself - including home improvement, manufacturing stations and businesses
3: Learning for Life - including pre-schools, college, hands-on lessons (like Free Time hobby lots), sports equipment and rock bands
4: Pets - preferrably with revenue livestock, such as chickens and pigs, too. And avian/swine flu.
5: Nightlife
6: Apartment Life - with social groups done properly
7: Extreme - including all extreme activities not included in the first EP
8: Superstar & Glamour (The base game bites off more than it can chew with the Politics, Music and Athletic careers. Sunset Valley isn't big enough for all presidents, rock stars and sports legends.)
9: Past-Present-Future
10: Magic & Fantasy

Seasons should come with any of these, the sooner the better.
Field Researcher
#182 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 6:43 AM
I never got Bon Voyage

//feels left out

My Website: http://thecrazyqueen.webs.com/
My Suckish Writing: http://www.fictionpress.com/~ghostanimal

My name is Kaya. Call me that.
Scholar
#183 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 7:20 AM
I didn't care for Bon Voyage as much as some of the other EPs, mainly because of one of the things you brought up...once you've gone on a specific vacation, it's the same ol' same ol'. However, I totally agree with Angstrom that the first EP should be those things that should have been added in the first place...or those things should at least be added features.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Field Researcher
#184 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 11:00 AM
Something ive always wanted is more food in the game. I know you can get loads on mods but some maxis ones would also be nice. They could make some more newer Bon Vovage locations for your sims. More than anything i just want weather back i never had weather in my previous games =[ i always wanted it though. More landscaping like more plants.

Was there a game were you could have plant or vegetable competitions? like the food one? from freetime. If not they could add more competitions like that.

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
Lab Assistant
#185 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:40 PM
I would enjoy an opportunity for Sims to do genealogy, to recover unknown relatives.
Test Subject
#186 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 10:30 PM
I'd love to see memories come back. I didn't realize how much I miss them, untill my sim got divorced and once the moodlet was gone she didn't even care that the guy cheated on and left her unless they ran into each other in town.

I miss seeing the little thought bubble about something that happened to them simyears before and their reaction to it. It added depth.
Field Researcher
#187 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 10:48 PM
I want the memories to return too! I just hated those stupid little memories like, "Oh, I burned this food." I just want to keep things like, "I was cheated on!"

Test Subject
#188 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 5:49 AM
Superstar was my favorite EP for The Sims 1 and I was a little disappointed it never made a cross over to The Sims 2.

I think a neighborhood creator should be released in the next EP.

Also, I think they should make rabbit holes for certain things optional, like restaurants and bars; if you don't feel like making one yourself, plop down a rabbit hole, but if you feel like making your own explorable one, go right ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostanimal
I want the memories to return too! I just hated those stupid little memories like, "Oh, I burned this food." I just want to keep things like, "I was cheated on!"

I agree, I would like memories to return, as well as getting rid of some of the petty memories (like you mentioned "Oh no! I burned pancakes! Now my life is RUINED!!!!").

The statement below is true
-----------------------------
The statement above is false
Field Researcher
#189 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 5:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playerland40
Also, I think they should make rabbit holes for certain things optional, like restaurants and bars; if you don't feel like making one yourself, plop down a rabbit hole, but if you feel like making your own explorable one, go right ahead.

I agree, I would like memories to return, as well as getting rid of some of the petty memories (like you mentioned "Oh no! I burned pancakes! Now my life is RUINED!!!!").

The rabbit hole thing I like!

"My love in the arms of another. WHY!?" is a good memory, or "My baby graduated from college! AND WITH HONORS!"

Field Researcher
#190 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 10:14 AM
We need a mod or have EA make the Social Worker back off. They can only take the kids when they are being neglected on a daily basis, NOT ONCE! Seriously, I forgot I had a baby and it ended up starving and I didn't even get a freaking pop-up saying, "YO! FEED YOUR KID BITCH BEFORE SOCIAL WORKERS SNATCH IT UP."

Instructor
#191 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 10:37 AM
Memories were okay but I could do without countless memories of "I've met...". It was absurd, I certainly don't remember every stranger I met ten years ago
Field Researcher
#192 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 10:38 AM
Lol same here.

Lab Assistant
#193 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 1:04 PM
It looks like theres space for two more clothing categories. It seems obvious (to me) that one should be seasonal/outerwear, but I was thinking, for a celebrations type EP they could add another clothing category 'Costume' so that when creating parties and inviting guests you could demand that they all come dressed up in wacky costumes. That way they could add in something like all the old outfits from Sims2 that were too crazy for most sims to wear as everyday (pirates, ballerinas, deep sea divers, ninjas, clowns.....)
Anyway, I think that would be quite fantastic, and realistically possible.
Test Subject
#194 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidityKills
but I was thinking, for a celebrations type EP they could add another clothing category 'Costume' so that when creating parties and inviting guests you could demand that they all come dressed up in wacky costumes. That way they could add in something like all the old outfits from Sims2 that were too crazy for most sims to wear as everyday (pirates, ballerinas, deep sea divers, ninjas, clowns.....).

I totally agree with this. That would be so adorable. :D

-NikkiSaves.
Scholar
#195 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 1:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidityKills
It looks like theres space for two more clothing categories. It seems obvious (to me) that one should be seasonal/outerwear, but I was thinking, for a celebrations type EP they could add another clothing category 'Costume' so that when creating parties and inviting guests you could demand that they all come dressed up in wacky costumes. That way they could add in something like all the old outfits from Sims2 that were too crazy for most sims to wear as everyday (pirates, ballerinas, deep sea divers, ninjas, clowns.....)
Anyway, I think that would be quite fantastic, and realistically possible.

They could accomplish that just by bringing back the costume trunk from the Sims 1 game. I loved that thing. I loved the entertainers too; I had some very naughty mods for them.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:12 AM
I'd love there to be something like a stuff pack for TS3, but it would be called a "trait" pack. It would include:
- a variety of new traits like Loves Sweets, Pushy, Boring, Ugly (like people aren't that attracted to you if you have this trait), Neat Freak, Insecure, Vain/Self-Centered, Goth, and many others that they should have had for the TS3.
- New interaction if you have certain traits
- More Social options
- New objects to fit traits (like add some instruments for those with Virtusuo -sp?- like OMFGIREALLYWANT a piano, drums,flute. Or for people who have the bookworm trait they could add like this writing set that doesn't use a computer, but uses paper and pens/pencils, because in real life not all artists write novels on the computer, exspecially children).
-New hairs and clothes to fit the traits (like some some more nerdy clothes for meh bookworms! And defiantly some more natural hairstyles).
-New build mode options like spiral staircases!!!! (loved them from AL)
-More jobs and rabbit holes for them to be in.

Yeah that's pretty much it. =D Anyone else second this???

:P
Test Subject
#197 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:30 AM
I wasn't paying much attention to previous posts, but here are my thoughts for an EP or EPs*but then again, I'm crazy*:

Sims 3: Nightfall *Can include things similar to Nightlife and the various supernatural types of sims*
Sims 3: Expanding Universe *Extra terrestrial EP with a new moonish town, the alien species and various bits of alien culture and technology*
Sims 3: Cap and Gown *University EP with new stuff for kids and teens to, also to flesh out the school system in the game*
Sims 3: Barking Mad *Pets EP*
Sims 3: Get Out Of Dodge *Vacation EP*
Sims 3: Scoot Over *Urban EP*

My mind fizzled out at this point... maybe I'll flesh these out later when my brain kicks back in. *needs coffee*
Test Subject
#198 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 5:57 AM
one of my favorite things from the sims was the magic. they had dragons, REAL magic gnomes that actually did stuff, and tons of other amazing spells. they also had real magic towns. but when apartment life came out for the sims 2, i was disappointed in how stupid the magic was. there was nothing really exciting about it. so i would love if they had an expansion pack for the sims 3 that had magic, but incorporated it into the game more.
Test Subject
#199 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 2:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim Simmer
I just hope they DON'T incorporate any of the following previous expansions.

-The Sims: Superstar
-The Sims: Makin Magic

I am looking forward to a pets expansion. It'll be nice to see if they'll do something new. I found The Sims 2 pets to be a bit boring.

I would SO love them to do a magic expansion early in the games life, this time, rather than always waiting until the next sims game is almost out, so there's hardly any time to enjoy/create for it. Makin' Magic was easily the best Sims1 pack.

I'd also love any non-standard creatures ie, vampires, plantsims, aliens, etc. Just about anything to help extend past the over-realism they seem to have been shooting for so far. If I want realism, I'll turn OFF my computer.
Test Subject
#200 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 10:23 PM
i actually really want them to make "mer-people".
hahaha
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 8 of 67