Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tomb of the Underground Garden

by dolphin26 Posted 20th Dec 2009 at 7:00 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2010 at 11:10 PM by dolphin26

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 7:16 PM
How do you make an underground garden? Or should I ask how do you get the terrain floor in a basement?I havent been able to find anything to show me how. Im probably overlooking something obvious.
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 7:25 PM
Question, how do you adjust the quality levels of the plants n such on a lot (other than going through the time to grow then from seeds?).
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 9:09 PM
WOW. I can't believe you had the patience to create this. Thank you for sharing.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 9:38 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this! I had thought about experimenting with the tomb-building, but it does sound intimidating. Since you have shared all your hard work, I can now test a new ready-made tomb as soon as I get my second Sim up and running. Thank you again and I'm looking forward to later developments.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 10:26 PM Last edited by dolphin26 : 20th Dec 2009 at 11:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bzak
How do you make an underground garden? Or should I ask how do you get the terrain floor in a basement?I havent been able to find anything to show me how. Im probably overlooking something obvious.

No, I made normal ground painted as dirt, and used moveobjects to move garden stuff down from the top.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 10:28 PM Last edited by dolphin26 : 20th Dec 2009 at 11:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by seattlegrinch75
Question, how do you adjust the quality levels of the plants n such on a lot (other than going through the time to grow then from seeds?).

There isn't an easy way, which is why this garden is such valuable treasure. These were grown by a level 10 gardener over several generations. You can speed up the process with debug cheats to cause the plants to grow quickly, but you can't manually adjust the quality. However, if you harvest stuff from this tomb and plant them in your garden, they'll be perfect too.
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 10:37 PM
Oh thanks. I was just looking at it the wrong way
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 10:49 PM
Very neat! :D

Is the tomb self-resetting? That is, are the valuable items (especially the ambrosia recipe) accessible to all the sims in the town, once the first sims have been through it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Very neat! :D

Is the tomb self-resetting? That is, are the valuable items (especially the ambrosia recipe) accessible to all the sims in the town, once the first sims have been through it?

It is not self resetting, but it is easily reset by you. Just bulldoze the lot and replace it with a copy from your community lot bin to reset it.
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 12:03 AM
Hi, I downloaded this tomb and I have to say, you have done an excellent job! It was very enjoyable. However I'd like to point a couple things out. In the maze room there are two piles of coins that my sims couldn't pick up:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/...ctibleloot1.png

Also, I noticed that my sims couldn't collect non-coin loot that wasn't on a pedestal. I think that's because I was using the tomb in Sunset Valley instead of a vacation hood.
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/...ctibleloot2.png

Thanks for the awesome tomb!
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dolphin26
You can speed up the process with debug cheats to cause the plants to grow quickly, but you can't manually adjust the quality.

Ok, what is the cheat (the link you put on goes to sims2 stuff) that would rapid-mature plants? Sorry if this is stuff everyone else knows...
Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by seattlegrinch75
Ok, what is the cheat (the link you put on goes to sims2 stuff) that would rapid-mature plants? Sorry if this is stuff everyone else knows...
Thanks!

You need something that can enable debug interactions such as the debug enabler by Twallan. If you already use awesomemod, it also has a configuration option that enables debug interactions but you have to specifically configure it to do so.

Once you have one of those set up, one of the debug menu items on any growable plant or tree is something like "next growth stage" This will grow the plant, or if it is already mature give it fruit. Make sure you don't do "next growth stage" on a plant that already has fruit, or it can get stuck and you'll have to delete it.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 5:05 AM
Ah! This looks awesome. I'm downloading this now, and then I'll test it out once I get WA for Christmas =]

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 10:46 AM
This is amazing, how can I put this in my game. I mean, I can see it as a community lot, but how do I place this?

Josette
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 2:21 PM
AWESOME WORK!!! This tomb looks so difficult from the screenshots u provided! Can't wait to test it out :D

It's hard to be yourself in a society that relies on clothes, hairstyles and looks to fit in.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Robijn
This is amazing, how can I put this in my game. I mean, I can see it as a community lot, but how do I place this?

Josette

You just place it like you would place any other community lot, from the community lot bin. After you place it go there with your sims, the key to the tomb can be found nearby the lock, just search near the key hole for secret doors.

You don't have to place the lot at a vacation destination (although you can), if you place it in your sims' hometown you can adventure while you're waiting to go on your next trip.
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 5:12 PM
Wow! Thanks alot. Now my sims will have something fun to do while not traveling.
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 6:03 PM
You just place it like you would place any other community lot, from the community lot bin. After you place it go there with your sims, the key to the tomb can be found nearby the lock, just search near the key hole for secret doors.

You don't have to place the lot at a vacation destination (although you can), if you place it in your sims' hometown you can adventure while you're waiting to go on your next trip.

Thanks for the info.

Josette
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 7:52 PM
you might want to mark this as requiring WA...there is a seperate icon for that now, and I know I just go through and click everything that doesn't have it, and am disappointed when I look at the pics and then find out I need WA to use the nifty new mod :-/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellgamatic
you might want to mark this as requiring WA...there is a seperate icon for that now, and I know I just go through and click everything that doesn't have it, and am disappointed when I look at the pics and then find out I need WA to use the nifty new mod :-/

Thanks, I didn't know about that.
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 6:31 PM
Thanks, but, where do I find it? Do I have to go an edit Egypt to place it in? Or what? Did it install incorrectly?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweettoken12
Thanks, but, where do I find it? Do I have to go an edit Egypt to place it in? Or what? Did it install incorrectly?

No, you don't have to go to a vacation destination to see it. The problem that you are having is you are probably looking in the residential lot bin, because most lots you download are houses. Check the tab next to the residential lot bin -- that's the community lot bin. It has an icon that looks like a park bench.

You also have to have an empty community lot ready to place it on. If you want to place it somewhere zoned currently as residential, change the type of the empty lot before you try to place it.
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 10:22 PM
Default Sorry, that's not it.
No, you don't have to go to a vacation destination to see it. The problem that you are having is you are probably looking in the residential lot bin, because most lots you download are houses. Check the tab next to the residential lot bin -- that's the community lot bin. It has an icon that looks like a park bench.

You also have to have an empty community lot ready to place it on. If you want to place it somewhere zoned currently as residential, change the type of the empty lot before you try to place it.

Well, I know that it was a community lot, but I can't find it in any of my bins! I even went to Egypt to go see if it would pop up then! Maybe, there is a glitch with my other downloads, or I'm not supposed to put it in my package/mods bin?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 1:41 AM
i like it.going to send sims to it now, lol,thank you
Page 1 of 3