Locked thread | Replies: 1347 (Who?), Viewed: 418012 times. | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: Outdated, replacement tutorial posted
Page 12 of 54
Test Subject
#276 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 9:32 PM
UV Mapper didnt help me with the "exploded" mesh...
Test Subject
#277 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 10:35 PM Last edited by Tustin2121 : 8th Mar 2005 at 10:37 PM.
Okay, I'm haveing a bit of trouble with my mesh working. I did all the steps and everything right, it just doesn't show up in bodyshop. when I did step 1, I put the new skin in three diffrent catigories (I never made any other skins for this age group and gender). now that I'm finished, something weired happens to it in bodyshop. when I go to everyday clothes, a long sleeve, long pants outfit appears where my skin should be. When I go to undies, the normal underwear outfit appears in the place of my skin. And finally when I go to the Baithing suit section, a flowery blue long baithing suit shows up! AAHHH! what Happened?!? :confused: I'll post pics of what is should look like and junk... HELP!!

PS, If this was mentioned before, I only read the first 5 of 12 pages of this thread... :argh:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#278 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 3:26 PM
Tustin2121... If you are using milkshape If you don't import your mesh into the game at the very beginning, (a step easily forgotten) you will get the funny skins, also, what version of SimPE are you using?
#279 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 9:02 PM
Trouble with using SIMPE! Mesh not appearing in Bodyshop
Ok, First off this is my first reply to anything here and I'm very happy to be a member now. That said, I have to say about the tutorial posted, Great! thank you very much for all your hard work, I'm on my way to making a new Big woman mesh. BUT! It took me 3 days to figure out why my mesh was not showing up in Bodyshop or the game. Not due to my fault. Although at first I have to admit I thought my brain had quit on me.

You see the tutorial is very clear on some points but on the SAVE points it left my dumbfounded.
Part III - Building your mesh package. 16.SAVE (OK, WHERE? that was the first not clear save point.) Should be; SAVE IN SIMS2 DOWNLOADS.

Part IV - Pointing the temp skin at the new mesh package. 25. Delete the shape resource node etc. Then Save your file. (Again I was stumped)
Should be; Then Save your file to SIMS2 SavedSims folder.

Part VI - Putting the new mesh into your mesh package file.
39. Right click on the geometric etc. Then click commit. Save.
Ok, 2 points here, COMMIT, did'nt know whether to click commit on the Packed file tab or go to the Plugin View tab and click COMMIT. It's the PLUGIN VIEW TAB. Secondly, SAVE, again, Where? Should be; Save in Sims2 Downloads folder.

After I changed to saving to the correct folders, BAM! my new mesh was in Bodyshop. Now I'm not trying to take anything away from the tutorial, its a fantastic job and without it I would not have been able to even start to make a new mesh, so hats off to you guys, again great job.

Hope this helps if someone else ran into the same problem as me.
Test Subject
#280 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 9:27 PM
Gmdc
hi,

I'm trying to change by bodymeshes by this tutorial but I can't find the GMDC wrapper in Menu/Plugins/Installed Plugins. Do I need to download something??? I've got the SimPE 0.27, do I aspecially need to have version 0.15???

Ilse :confused:
Test Subject
#281 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evotiquien
Tustin2121... If you are using milkshape If you don't import your mesh into the game at the very beginning, (a step easily forgotten) you will get the funny skins, also, what version of SimPE are you using?

I'm using Version 0.25.1888 of SimPE. What do you mean by importing it at the very begining?
Test Subject
#282 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 10:58 AM
I think that save means save ( not save as ) so if I remember well, the file has been previously saved in downloads folder and it is there that the file will be saved if you click save.

I had the same problem about the mesh was not showing in BodyShop and it was due to the fact that the line "g bottom" or "g top" or "g body" (depending of the part you are working on) was changed in "o bottom" (in my case : working on a bottom) I just had to edit my modified obj with notepad to change the o by a g, check that there was no over g line ( 1 was added by my modeler) and then the modified mesh was shown. It was not the one I expected but it seems to be due to the modeler program (Wings3D and blender seems to cause problem but MilkShape gives good results, but it is limited in time, demo version).

Hope this help,
Jpaul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus_uproar
Ok, First off this is my first reply to anything here and I'm very happy to be a member now. That said, I have to say about the tutorial posted, Great! thank you very much for all your hard work, I'm on my way to making a new Big woman mesh. BUT! It took me 3 days to figure out why my mesh was not showing up in Bodyshop or the game. Not due to my fault. Although at first I have to admit I thought my brain had quit on me.

You see the tutorial is very clear on some points but on the SAVE points it left my dumbfounded.
Part III - Building your mesh package. 16.SAVE (OK, WHERE? that was the first not clear save point.) Should be; SAVE IN SIMS2 DOWNLOADS.

Part IV - Pointing the temp skin at the new mesh package. 25. Delete the shape resource node etc. Then Save your file. (Again I was stumped)
Should be; Then Save your file to SIMS2 SavedSims folder.

Part VI - Putting the new mesh into your mesh package file.
39. Right click on the geometric etc. Then click commit. Save.
Ok, 2 points here, COMMIT, did'nt know whether to click commit on the Packed file tab or go to the Plugin View tab and click COMMIT. It's the PLUGIN VIEW TAB. Secondly, SAVE, again, Where? Should be; Save in Sims2 Downloads folder.

After I changed to saving to the correct folders, BAM! my new mesh was in Bodyshop. Now I'm not trying to take anything away from the tutorial, its a fantastic job and without it I would not have been able to even start to make a new mesh, so hats off to you guys, again great job.

Hope this helps if someone else ran into the same problem as me.
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 2:10 PM
Tustin2121
As silly as it sounds, see step one. I forgot to Import after I created the mesh that I wanted to edit, and got the "weird" skin.
Also, this tutorial doesn't seem to work with the newer versions of SimPE.... try using the older version located here:
http://sims.ambertation.de/files/SimPe_015.rar

You may also need WinRAR you can find that here:
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Hope this information helps.Good luck!
Test Subject
#284 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evotiquien
Tustin2121
As silly as it sounds, see step one. I forgot to Import after I created the mesh that I wanted to edit, and got the "weird" skin.
Also, this tutorial doesn't seem to work with the newer versions of SimPE.... try using the older version located here:
http://sims.ambertation.de/files/SimPe_015.rar

You may also need WinRAR you can find that here:
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Hope this information helps.Good luck!

I don't understand. I did EVERY-SINGLE-STEP-as-it-says. I imported at the begining. I don't understand what I missed.

Do I have to go back to 0.15? I have a slightly older version, I could use that... couldn't I... :weep:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#285 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 10:13 PM Last edited by WDS BriAnna : 10th Mar 2005 at 10:16 PM.
I think 20 is the last one that shold work, but I believe Quaxi is working on a button that lets SimPE use the old format so meshes can work again.
#286 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 11:30 AM
I realise that, I followed the tutorial to the letter and wound up with no change to my mesh. After I changed the SAVE my mesh worked fine. If you think I'm goofy, go on, follow the tutorial SAVEs the way it says and let me know the results. I would be glad to post a retraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaul
I think that save means save ( not save as ) so if I remember well, the file has been previously saved in downloads folder and it is there that the file will be saved if you click save.

I had the same problem about the mesh was not showing in BodyShop and it was due to the fact that the line "g bottom" or "g top" or "g body" (depending of the part you are working on) was changed in "o bottom" (in my case : working on a bottom) I just had to edit my modified obj with notepad to change the o by a g, check that there was no over g line ( 1 was added by my modeler) and then the modified mesh was shown. It was not the one I expected but it seems to be due to the modeler program (Wings3D and blender seems to cause problem but MilkShape gives good results, but it is limited in time, demo version).

Hope this help,
Jpaul
Lab Assistant
#287 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 2:12 PM
I feel your pain Tustin2121, I was having problems too, when I started using .15, and followed the instructions I fianlly saw my edited mesh.

You have to remember that these tools are also in BETA stage, which means that all the bugs haven't been worked out yet., which is why the board is here.

Patience my friend, eventually we will have a newer version that will work. For the time being, try the .15 version.
Lab Assistant
#288 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 9:39 PM
Default Great Tutorial !!
Hi Everybody :howdy:

Is there anybody who knows this tutorial ?

I have a problem after number 25, it says :

(Note: I like to check in bodyshop now to see if my temp skin is showing up in bodyshop. If it is, I can go on. Your mesh hasn't been modified yet, so you don't know if it's actually grabbing the new one, but the important thing is: if it isn't showing up you messed up. Go back and double check steps 17 and 20-23.)

Does anybody know where this file - I should 'ceck' in Bodyshop, in what folder this file is ? Should it be under the function (in bodyshop) 'start New project' ?

Have a great evening

WindBlower
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 9:47 PM
It should be in your projects folder- it's actually a pretty unnecessary step. Just make sure that you have a file in your downloads folder named "MESH_yourfilename". Also check in your saved sims folder to make sure you have a file there that has a bunch of numbers followed by your file name.

At least that is what I do....
Lab Assistant
#290 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 10:09 PM
Great thanks evotiquien,

I know it isent that necessary, but I just wantet to 'check' my outfit before moving along (just if anything is wrong *S* )

Again GREAT thanks evotiquien
Have a Great evening

WindBlower
#291 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 12:10 AM
End of the line
I give up! After days of pain and frustration and having to delete all my sims 2 Downloads and saved files, I quit tring to edit a sims 2 mesh. I shall leave it to you all who understand the tutorial. I am a dummy and need an easier way to import and export a sims 2 mesh for editing.

I mean, 40 steps. Ok I wont pick on the program, after all alot of work went into making it and I do respect there time and effort. For me I need a prog with like 2 steps, IMPORT, EXPORT. So I will wait and leave the editing to the pros.

As for my comments on the save points, again, I am a dummy and need it explained like, SAVE TO MY DOCUMENTS\EA GAMES\DOWNLOADS, not SAVE. and not SAVE AS! So if I was wrong on saying anything please forgive my ignorance.

Maybe some kind soul will see fit to have pity on me and create a prog that is user friendly, untill then I will be happy with downloading all the great stuff you guys create. Thank you, and, Keep it up! :bump:
Test Subject
#292 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 1:57 AM
Spent A full day trying with SimPE 020, donwgraded to 015, and it worked
Test Subject
#293 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 8:54 AM
Morpheus_uproar,

Hum ! First, english is not my language, I use it for technical reasons and since a few years I don't work anymore speaking english. So, please, be lenient with me.
My poor understanding let me guess that 'goofy' means something like stupid...
Not at all I just tryed to explain what I have understood, I thought that it could help as I encountered the same problem as you but for a different reason.

I am still compleatly confused about this tuto : for me there is no differences between the result obtain with SimPE 0.15 or 0.22. It works only with MilkShape which is not free. I am still looking for a free modeler allowing me to modify the Mesh for the sims.

Anyway, Morpheus_uproar, I appologise if I have written something causing any kind of vexation.
Jpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus_uproar
I realise that, I followed the tutorial to the letter and wound up with no change to my mesh. After I changed the SAVE my mesh worked fine. If you think I'm goofy, go on, follow the tutorial SAVEs the way it says and let me know the results. I would be glad to post a retraction.

:confused: :D
Test Subject
#294 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyJames
I followed the tutorial and made sure to only import faces and this is what I get :s

Wow! i'd like to see how it will be in the game! You could say that you made it yourself and become the new picasso
Test Subject
#295 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 6:23 AM
does anyone know where i can get an older version of simpe. ive been using the latest version and i keep getting an unhadled exception when i try to export an object from step 27

any help would be greatly appreciated
Field Researcher
#296 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 8:14 AM
I've got the install for 0.15 and 0.19.

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Test Subject
#297 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 12:28 PM
lol, I tried it with a bottom skirt and when at step 25 i checked bodyshop if it shows my skin it became trousers. wow!
I think i picked up some wrong istances :S
Test Subject
#298 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 6:37 PM
No, that's usual. But with the newest version, I think all problems are gone, I didn't have any. just imported my first mesh successfully. Yay. Now must get the anatomically correct skin to work on it, too.
Test Subject
#299 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 7:17 PM
Here's my issue. I get through the whole tutorial and do everything correctly. However when I load the obj file at the end it says I have 3 objects.

Not quite sure why that is but the only thing that comes to mind is that I don't like fully manipulating the base object so I detach faces in 3Dstudio and work on them that way. However I reattached all the objects to the main object.

So due to the fact that I have 3 objects I can't quite do the last few parts because all that shows up when I replace is body when I actually have body1, body2, body3.

Should I just manipulate the initial mesh and not make extra objects to make the clothing?

My way is great for actual animation but it appears that I can't actually use it that way for bodymeshing.
Lab Assistant
#300 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 10:16 PM
Good evening everybody

- Does anybody know when 'this' or another new toturial will be abel to help me in creating new mesh'es for my Sims2, - with the New SimPE ?

WindBlower
Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: Outdated, replacement tutorial posted
Page 12 of 54