Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 11:01 PM
Default Editing Computer Functions on Community Lots
Hi, new modder here. I want to edit the computers in the game so that options like "Find a Job" are available on community lots because it's ridiculous to me that it's not already.

I assumed it would be as simple as altering the guardian BHAV -- Interaction - Find a Job - TEST. But so far I haven't had any luck. I even tried changing the guardian BHAV in the TTAB for "Find a Job" so that it used Interaction - Send Email - TEST. "Send Email" is an available option on community lots, so I thought if it was an issue with the guardian BHAV, swapping that out for the "Send Email" version would work, but even that didn't help.

So I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Clearly it's not as simple as I thought. If anyone out there has any ideas on how to do this, I would be very grateful.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 5:38 PM
My suggestion is to moddify BHAV -- Interaction - Find a Job - TESTin this way

You know that you never modify game files only extracted files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
My suggestion is to moddify BHAV -- Interaction - Find a Job - TESTin this way

You know that you never modify game files only extracted files.

Yes, I thought of that, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. And yes, I know not to modify the actual game files.

I also tried changing the "Lot - Is Liveable?" to return true if true or false but that didn't work. And I tried messing with the "EP8 - Is Time Frozen?" too because I thought that might be referring to how time doesn't actually progress on community lots, but that didn't work either. And in hindsight, the lack of time progression on community lots has been present since the base game. It wasn't added in EP8. So I'm not actually sure what that line checks for.

I still have a lot to learn about all this. I thought I was choosing an easy starting project, but I guess if it was that simple, someone probably would've done it already. I may just have to circle back to this project once I get a little more familiar with BHAVs.
Alchemist
#4 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 9:41 PM
Can you post your package? Just as a test, I set the "Is lot liveable" line to true whether it returned true or false, and that worked.

I believe EP 8 is lot frozen is checking to see if a witch has cast a spell to freeze time.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I set the "Is lot liveable" line to true whether it returned true or false, and that worked.

That was a smart solution. But it includes any type of lot.
Alchemist
#6 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 10:53 AM
Yes, that's why I said it was just a test and asked to see the OPs work. I wouldn't suggest it as the permanent solution.