Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Artemide "Chimera" - *First object with multiple custom lights!!!

by Numenor Posted 11th Jan 2006 at 11:27 PM - Updated 20th Oct 2008 at 2:22 PM by -Maylin-

222 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 216 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 9
Test Subject
#126 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 11:54 PM Last edited by Moonsong : 14th Jan 2006 at 12:00 AM.
Very unique!! :wowsers: I love it :lovestruc
Thanks Numenor and Marylou :bow:
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 12:08 AM
WOW how did u make that aweosme magic recolour thats would be cool in a lava lamp u rock

All Is Full Of Love
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 2:25 AM
Default Thank You
I downloaded these and have tried them in my game, im building a modern home and I have them set on magical, and omg what can i say but absolutely awesome effect, I cannot thank you enough for these, they are beautiful, not to mention the other object of the water dispenser that to is awesome, thank you thank you,

hugs and loves

midgey

#129 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 5:23 AM
Pretty dang cool, keep it up!
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 11:04 AM
oooo!! how totaly groovy or wot?? thanks this is fab!!
Field Researcher
#131 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 11:33 AM
I fully agree with midge719!! The lamps are beautiful in game, and the magical effect is stunning!!
Grazie ancora!! :clap:
Field Researcher
#132 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 11:41 AM
This is really amazing! I can't ever get enough of pretty lamps, so thanks :valentine
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 1:23 PM
:sci: :sci: :sci: oh,so great of the lamp, but how can i find the TS Data folder?where is it?would u please tell me, thx a lot! :wavegbye: :wavegbye:

*****hello,i'm hongkong girl, i like sim2******
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#134 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 200109220josh
WOW how did u make that aweosme magic recolour thats would be cool in a lava lamp u rock

I've already done a lava lamp (not complex or beautiful like this, but fascinating anyway... ).

My lava lamp was released within the "Retroville" set (look into the Decorative and Miscellaneous items).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#135 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 7:34 PM
Are you sure you dont work for MAXIS???lol
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#136 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 7:42 PM
LOL! I'd like to, indeed! :D

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#137 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 7:57 PM
This is soooo fantastic it's great
Downloading...
Field Researcher
#138 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 12:08 AM
oh! this is nice, a beautiful lamp i must say, it's really good...how do you do them!!??
I see I must learn a lot ouch

Adicta a los Sims xD (parece que no soy la unica!!:P)
Test Subject
#139 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 3:23 AM
I love it! So lovely and flexible -- I adore it, and my Sims seem to as well!
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 12:18 PM
Forum Resident
#141 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 8:38 PM
Very cool - thank you!

See all of my downloads HERE
Scholar
#142 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 3:17 AM
Numenor I do this :bow: everyday you are the reason why I really play the sims2 but I have a question why doesn't custom light's only appear in the sims2 folder instead on the the EP folder Ex: Nightlife and University? and is it possible for us to create objects with custom colored lights because I was hopeing if you can update that lava lamp of yours so it can change into different colors when it dark that would be very cool! Thanks anyways!
Field Researcher
#143 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 1:39 PM
You're welcome for that, Numenor.

I was actually worried I missed something obvious and these were way different, and hoped not so I wouldnt seem like more of a jerk than I am. >_>

But I guess not, hm? :p

★☆Simify☆★
回「Shall we dance?」回
これを読むことができれば訳者を使用している。
:| Yep, another post from Mr. Biggles. |:

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#144 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 9b8ll
why doesn't custom light's only appear in the sims2 folder instead on the the EP folder Ex: Nightlife and University? and is it possible for us to create objects with custom colored lights because I was hopeing if you can update that lava lamp of yours so it can change into different colors when it dark that would be very cool! Thanks anyways!

Maxis chose to create a separate "Light" folder for each EP, but this doesn't prevent us to use only one of them: that's why, creating the latest CEP 3.3 (with custom light support), I've chosen to use only the "Lights" folder for the base game.

Yes, you can create lamps with custom light: I've explained how to do in this thread (it's not extremely simple, though... ).

Just to be clear: custom lamps can either rely on an external txt file (as explained in the thread above), or on a txt file embedded in the package itself (like the chimera): this last procedure isn't explained yet in the thread above, but there is a post by jgwhiteus that talks about that.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#145 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Biggles
You're welcome for that, Numenor.

I was actually worried I missed something obvious and these were way different, and hoped not so I wouldnt seem like more of a jerk than I am. >_>

But I guess not, hm? :p

I still don't understand why jgwhiteus' objects and discoveries have so little visibility...

Anyway, reading the thread about his coloured spotlights I see that - at least - I've made something better than him : his spotlights do not have a "diffusion" light (i.e. the light that is reflected by walls and floors); they only cast "direct" light on objects, thought the procedure he describes in his posts seems correct...

Test Subject
#146 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 1:33 AM
OMG You know what, that is SIMply AMAzing

Gamertag is Platinum Evil And I Play COD2 and Halo 2 on X360
#147 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 4:49 AM
Awesome, just awesome...
Great job.
Field Researcher
#148 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 12:12 AM
This is beautiful. I love everything you do, so creative. Thank you.

Poetry soothes the mind, art pleases the eye, but music touches the heart.
Test Subject
#149 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 11:10 AM
Oh ! I Like it !
Field Researcher
#150 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 10:48 PM
This light is so beautiful; this is what all my "modern" homes are missing.. Can't thank you enough!
Page 6 of 9