Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Artemide "Chimera" - *First object with multiple custom lights!!!

by Numenor Posted 11th Jan 2006 at 11:27 PM - Updated 20th Oct 2008 at 2:22 PM by -Maylin-

222 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 216 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 9
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#176 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2germany
It's not my' Magazine, I only bought it €5.99 - and the advertisement for the Magazine was found inside of the OFB release - on the back cover of the booklet....a very good thing for MTS2!

Oh! LOL! Sorry for the misunderstandig :P
Good to know about the advertisings on the OFB booklet (that btw it's not my site, but I feel it as my home )

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Oh! LOL! Sorry for the misunderstandig :P
Good to know about the advertisings on the OFB booklet (that btw it's not my site, but I feel it as my home )

Bigtime Rocker - Bro! In Germany, at least...and on the back cover of an official Maxis EP Release, I would be thanking Delphy, I'm about 90% sure someone here was behind that.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#178 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:07 PM
No, no one from MTS2 has behind that. As far as I know, there is a direct connection between EA Games and Gamestar (at least, in Germany); and the german Gamestar was going to publish an article about the 10 most interesting custom objects (which included - oh my gosh! - my Chimera lamps :D).
I knew about that; only, I've never seen the actual article before you posted those pictures. Thanks for that

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#179 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 3:35 PM
..This is twentytimesgorgeous.
Thank you!
Test Subject
#180 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 2:49 AM
iMOM
_____ (UPSIDE DOWN!)

WOW!

No more GTP for me (Grand Theft Posting)
#181 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 8:09 AM
love it :D
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 3:10 AM
Whenever I see something like this I always think, "Gosh, that looks like something Numenor would do..." I look a tiny bit to the right, and there it is. "Numenor" Great work as always thanks.

Just an anachronism, move along now.
Test Subject
#183 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 2:28 PM
WOW!
Never seen another fantastic creation! Many many thanks for your effort!

BTW: I'm using with satisfaction a little hack (smart-lights 2 by dyzzie) that works fine also with OFB, but this lamp is not affected at all.
It's possible to do or it's too much hard to have this implementation?

Ice
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#184 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 3:27 PM
I don't have the faintest idea on how the smart lights mod works... There's nothing I can do to the Chimera to fix this; probably, the smart lights only take care of the Maxis lamps, not sure though.

Test Subject
#185 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 3:31 PM
Uhm, no
I've a lot of custom lamps and all are working with smart-lights.
The only one that no works is artemide.

Comunque, questa NON è assolutamente una critica, il tuo lavoro è fantastico e ti ringrazio moltissimo per questo.

Ice
Test Subject
#186 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 1:57 AM
Pretty! Must. Download. Pretty. Light.

Test Subject
#187 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 6:14 PM
Thank you this is fab!
Lab Assistant
#188 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 1:36 AM
This is absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for your hard work! ^_^

<33 A
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 2:51 AM
oooo pretty colors ^_^

This graw is FRENSHAY!!!!
Field Researcher
#190 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 12:46 PM
You are wonderful and amazing; thanks so much for sharing your creations with us and for finding all those lost objects. :D

Once a tightly-furled bud, the house was slowly revealing itself to him, its petals unfolding to expose its secret beauty. ~When Shadows Whisper, P.1|Part 4|MSR Story List & FAQ|MSR Graphics
Test Subject
#191 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 3:46 PM
So pretty! i like it!thank!
Inventor
#192 Old 4th May 2006 at 11:20 PM
thanks! you are awesome

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up"!
Field Researcher
#193 Old 10th May 2006 at 9:15 AM
Wicked!!! Its so amazing, really gives an amazing feeling!
Thanks alot!!!!

Eternally a sin

Dans l'amour vrai c'est l'ame qui embrasse le corps <3

Something wicked is coming up..!
Test Subject
#194 Old 20th May 2006 at 10:04 PM
Stunning. That's all I can say, stunning.

All my creations can now be found HERE.
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 3:15 PM
ooh i like these...always looking for lights
Field Researcher
#196 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 2:07 PM
Excellent! Thank you so much for sharing

To err is human. To forgive is divine. Sometimes:)
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#197 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 5:33 PM
Thanks Numenor for yet another spectacular item. :D

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#198 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 1:16 AM
Numenor: thou art a god.
Lab Assistant
#199 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 4:57 AM
Fantastic work - thank you!
Test Subject
#200 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 6:40 AM Last edited by Melwyn : 2nd Nov 2006 at 7:16 AM.
EDIT: I figured it out while reading the instructions on your stairs, however I'm leaving this up in case I'm not the only one who finds themselves in this situation, along with the solution I found - located at the bottom of the post.

Original Problem:

Alright, I feel a little dumb at the moment, as I've been staring at this and various other threads for hours now trying to figure out how to correctly install this. I'm sorry if I missed updated instructions somewhere or if it's staring me right in the face here.

I read over the instructions here and looked for "Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Lights\CEP3_CustomLights " and didn't find it, so then went and installed the newest version of CEP which had been updated today.

I then installed The SCRIPTORIUM: v. 1.0e and looked again, still nothing like that to put my numenor_chimera_light.nlo file into.

I then read through the posts here and on the Scriptorium thread hoping to find a solution and have come to the conclusion that everyone knows exactly what to do but myself.

Can you offer me any help with this? I can't help but feel I'm staring it right in the face and not seeing it. Thank you in advance.

Solution:

found in this post
  • singlespot_light.nlo -> Put this in the folder Scriptorium_CustomLights (accessible via the shortcut in your Downloads)

Which means the above .nlo file goes the same place ^^;;
Page 8 of 9