Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#10776 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 8:04 PM
Tl;dr I'm so happy with the newest kid in my hood, Mia-Maja, and it's reminding me that change can be a good thing cause you might find things that are just as good for other reasons, that you wouldn't have encountered if things stayed the same.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#10777 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 10:19 PM
I might actually set myself on fire if my game crashes one more time while I'm making a family in CAS...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#10778 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 1:24 AM
Unpopular opinion, but I think lot impostors really aren't that bad. Sure they could be better, but I still really enjoy having them. Makes pictures look so much more alive. My game really got a boost when I got a strong enough rig that could handle viewing more than just the active lot.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10779 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:21 AM
Until I got my new computer in October, I was getting low resolution lot imposters. They really were bad -- sometimes I could see through the houses. In comparison the "high resolution" lot imposters I get now are brilliant!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10780 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:48 AM
Fully agreed. Would it be nice if they were a little higher resolution? Sure, but it's still so much easier to do an urban setting (or even just feel like you're playing part of a neighborhood at all) when you can actually SEE the other buildings nearby!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#10781 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 11:02 PM
Just a reminder to backup your Neighborhoods and Downloads folders

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Forum Resident
#10782 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 10:39 PM
It's funny how in the neighborhood view sometimes a house looks horrible when it is alone, but with some more houses around it and maybe some decoration, you can make it match.
Mad Poster
#10784 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 2:31 AM
And here I was, foolishly thinking this lot might come in UNDER $1M when it was finished...

Field Researcher
#10785 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 7:14 PM
I'm preparing to move abroad and I've found myself envying Sims... how much easier would it be if I could just instantly get rid of what I don't need anymore in exchange for some cash, and put all my furniture in my inventory!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10786 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
how much easier would it be if I could just instantly get rid of what I don't need anymore in exchange for some cash, and put all my furniture in my inventory!

Imagine how great it would be to get on a plane with that DJ booth someone gave you after a great date in your pocket.
Mad Poster
#10787 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 10:19 PM
Pockets? Nah TSA checks those. Better store it elsewhere...

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#10788 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 2:19 AM
Quote:
Imagine how great it would be to get on a plane with that DJ booth someone gave you after a great date in your pocket.

Quote:
Pockets? Nah TSA checks those. Better store it elsewhere...

You mean it won't fit in the overhead bin on a plane?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#10789 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 11:35 AM
I had a dream last night I had a sim who was mute. With talk interactions they would just listen and not talk themselves. I wish that was something that would really be possible in the game. I was mute for a while growing up.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#10790 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
I'm preparing to move abroad and I've found myself envying Sims... how much easier would it be if I could just instantly get rid of what I don't need anymore in exchange for some cash, and put all my furniture in my inventory!

That's a feeling I know only too well! And our last move was within Canada, but downsizing from a house to an apartment two years ago. We still have so many boxes and suitcases unopened, and probably only three or four things we really want from the whole lot - but throwing it all out feels terrible! Time to start going through one bag/box at a time and being brutal so we can fit properly into our current space, but it would be so much less daunting if we could get money for pretty much everything without having to go to the bother of finding countless buyers for so many individual items. Instead we spent a fortune transporting it - for nothing!
Inventor
#10791 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 10:41 PM
insert Gandalf's 'I have no memory of this place' meme

Oh wow, how long has it been since I last logged on to this site ? A lot has happened since 2020, now we're in the middle of 2021 and I'm starting to miss playing sims. I got into final fantasy 14 late last year and deleted my simblr because I had no motivation to continue playing then because of burnout, but I kinda regret deleting it . The new ff14 expansion doesn't drop until November, so maybe I'll dust off my folder and revamp things, maybe once I get a sliver of energy back.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#10792 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 11:29 PM
You silly silly person. Don't you know how tumblr works? Your interests change, your tumblr changes with it. Anybody who doesn't like it unfollows or blocks certain tags. You infect some of your old followers with your new passion. You attract new followers from your new passion. Your old passion returns, you lose some of your new followers, others become interested in your new content, old followers who start seeing you post in tags they haven't blocked are glad to see them.

Never delete anything, that's my motto.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#10793 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You silly silly person. Don't you know how tumblr works? Your interests change, your tumblr changes with it. Anybody who doesn't like it unfollows or blocks certain tags. You infect some of your old followers with your new passion. You attract new followers from your new passion. Your old passion returns, you lose some of your new followers, others become interested in your new content, old followers who start seeing you post in tags they haven't blocked are glad to see them.

Never delete anything, that's my motto.

You're absolutely right Peni , but it's just the blog that's gone, my uploads are still available on SFS and I have backups of everything I made . I can always start over fresh if I get the itch, I'm finding a lot of cool CC that I'm bookmarking for later. FF14 is fun and all, but sims 2 is home to me

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
#10794 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 6:53 PM
Every so often I get the urge to make a medieval hood, but then I get turned off by my lack of knowledge in history and the amount of effort it would take to mod the game.
I wish there was a Skyrim/Sims 2 mashup game where we could play it exactly like Sims 2, but in the world of Tamriel. Keep the same humor, generational play, and storytelling abilities of Sims 2, but have all of the outfits/technology/careers/events fit with the fantasy/medieval theme. And instead of aliens and Plantsims, we'd have elves, Khajiit, etc.. There would be a bigger emphasis on survival too.

I already support Paralives on patreon at the lowest tier. I'd support a game like this on the highest tier hands down.
Forum Resident
#10795 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
Every so often I get the urge to make a medieval hood, but then I get turned off by my lack of knowledge in history and the amount of effort it would take to mod the game.
I wish there was a Skyrim/Sims 2 mashup game where we could play it exactly like Sims 2, but in the world of Tamriel. Keep the same humor, generational play, and storytelling abilities of Sims 2, but have all of the outfits/technology/careers/events fit with the fantasy/medieval theme. And instead of aliens and Plantsims, we'd have elves, Khajiit, etc.. There would be a bigger emphasis on survival too.

I already support Paralives on patreon at the lowest tier. I'd support a game like this on the highest tier hands down.

That's what I was looking for with Sims Medieval and I was very disappointed
Mad Poster
#10796 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 1:33 AM

I'm gradually trying to map out a fantasy/medieval world that I could use for any number of projects (including but not limited to Sims buildings- several of my medieval sites are explicitly part of this world!), and deliberately using the mechanics of TS2 to shape a lot of the supernatural elements of it. I seldom play the game and don't have enough locations completed in this world to really be able to play it anyways, but I do often find myself thinking of how I'd set about playing TS2 in such a way that it felt appropriately "medieval" even without much at all in the way of mods or CC.

Definitely agree that it would have been nice if The Sims Medieval had better realized this vision though!

Forum Resident
#10797 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 10:34 AM

I was thinking, if the sims had released Medieval Stories (Peasant Stories??), they would've made BANK. Imagine a Castaway-type game where you didn't even have to mod it to get the perfect mechanics and aesthetic, and still maintain a sandbox gameplay... god I'd've loved it...

That supernatural thing sounds really interesting, I'd imagine instead of alien abduction through telescope, sims could buy a stargazing circle, then get abducted by fairies, who would then make them pregnant and exchange the child for a fairy, or something. Or maybe just give birth to a fairy child by default.
Forum Resident
#10798 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I was thinking, if the sims had released Medieval Stories (Peasant Stories??), they would've made BANK.

I actually confused myself for years thinking there was just such a thing. I don't know what happened there, if I got it confused with there being both The Sims 2 Castaway for console and Castaway stories or something, but I could've sworn there were two medieval-themed Sims-spinoffs and that I reacted to that. I can even see in front of me what the cover would've looked like.
In any case, I agree a history-themed Sims Stories-game of any era would've been dope. If they had continued the series, it would've been a good opportunity to make a bit more 'specialized' games so to speak, in a similar vein to Castaway stories, that couldn't really have been integrated into a main series.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#10799 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 3:38 AM
I wonder what the negotiations between EAxis and H&M or IKEA were like before those stuff packs got the OK from both sides... It's not like they're companies that I would expect to have a lot of overlap in really ANY areas!

Mad Poster
#10800 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I wonder what the negotiations between EAxis and H&M or IKEA were like before those stuff packs got the OK from both sides... It's not like they're companies that I would expect to have a lot of overlap in really ANY areas!

Probably;

EA: We want your brand in our game.
Company: What's in it for us?
EA: Money.
Company: Sold!
Will Wright:

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Page 432 of 515