Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#27551 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 5:31 PM
Searches on tumblr are a bit of a mess, in keeping with the rest of the website.

You need to search tags, not normal search terms, and you need to observe how tags are used in the sorts of posts you're looking for. If you want fan content for a work of popular fiction it's usually enough to type a title in the search bar, but if you're looking for Sims 2 stories, typing in "Sims 2" will not get you what you want, because most people posting Sims 2 stories assume that their followers know they're posting Sims 2 and don't want to waste a tag on that. (Only the first five tags on a post are considered by the search engine, which on the one hand is majorly stupid and on the other hand is the source of those delightful tag commentaries which are such a big part of the tumblr experience - we know nobody's going to search by the sixth tag so we use it to snark or make a joke or whatever.) So if you want content about Strangetown, searching the Strangetown tag should get you results, but they might not go back very far. There seems to be some sort of date limit on the search. And if you're searching for Sims 2 downloads, well - good luck with that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27552 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Searches on tumblr are a bit of a mess, in keeping with the rest of the website.

You need to search tags, not normal search terms, and you need to observe how tags are used in the sorts of posts you're looking for. If you want fan content for a work of popular fiction it's usually enough to type a title in the search bar, but if you're looking for Sims 2 stories, typing in "Sims 2" will not get you what you want, because most people posting Sims 2 stories assume that their followers know they're posting Sims 2 and don't want to waste a tag on that. (Only the first five tags on a post are considered by the search engine, which on the one hand is majorly stupid and on the other hand is the source of those delightful tag commentaries which are such a big part of the tumblr experience - we know nobody's going to search by the sixth tag so we use it to snark or make a joke or whatever.) So if you want content about Strangetown, searching the Strangetown tag should get you results, but they might not go back very far. There seems to be some sort of date limit on the search. And if you're searching for Sims 2 downloads, well - good luck with that.

I literally had no idea about that tag situation. I've been wasting so much time with tags.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#27553 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 5:54 PM
Most of the things I've downloaded from tumblr, I found by following links from modthesims!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#27554 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Can anyone enlighten me on how to search for things on Tumblr? Feels like no matter how broad a search term I use not much comes up, yet I know tonnes of people upload there?

Searching is a mess. People don't tag their items properly, and use all sorts of different tags for the same kinds of items. People tag their downloads as "TS2cc", sims2cc", "downloads", "sims 2 downloads", "s2 downloads", and so forth, but you don't always get hits on those tags when searching.

If you're looking for special types of content, you most likely have to look very broad. Maybe there's tags for things like Medieval and Default, but you won't have a lot of luck going any narrower than that, and the tag situation is the same.

Following Tumblrs you like and then keeping an eye out for more Tumblrs to follow is a much better way to keep track of what's going on (some will reblog other people's content on a frequent basis, more as a "finds" style).
Link Ninja
#27555 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 8:07 PM
Ts2cc seems like a widely used tag. But yeah if you are looking for something specific I'd try in Google '[thing] sims 2 download tumblr -4 -3' this will pull up a bunch of relevant Tumblr pages and remove sims 3 and 4 junk.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#27556 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Personally I prefer 1, but I'm not quite sure why. Possibly just gut feeling. 2 looks more like the local stone, out of which I presume the walls are built. 1 is something special -- marble maybe -- that has been brought in.

Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I prefer 1 as well. Not sure why, I just like it better personally.

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I was going to say 3 or 2...

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
#2 matches the stonework of the walls best; but I like the contrast of #1 better for the build overall

Found a compromise #1 for the outside and #2 for inside

Last question which window frame works best
Screenshots
Alchemist
#27557 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 8:56 PM
One.

extra characters so i can submit.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27558 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Can anyone enlighten me on how to search for things on Tumblr? Feels like no matter how broad a search term I use not much comes up, yet I know tonnes of people upload there?

What I do is to do a search from DuckDuckGo (or whatever search engine you use).
For example,
sims2 3to2 site:tumblr.com
Will search Tumblr for anything related to sims 2 and 3to2.
sims2 hair -sims4 site:tumblr.com
Will search Tumblr for anything related to Sims 2 hair, but not anything which mentions Sims 4.
Works quite well, especially if you look at the results in the image tab. On many sites. For example:
grunge site:gardenofshadows.org.uk/gardenofshadows/
Gives a load of results, but I don't have to click each link to look at it if I look at the images tab, and then I can see exactly which recolour I like.

@mischief managed
Window 2!!
Forum Resident
#27559 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 10:24 PM
@simsample thanks
Alchemist
#27560 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 12:39 AM
Window two for me as well.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#27561 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 3:18 PM
Why are children's wants for a friend sometimes worth 1,500 Aspiration Points, and sometimes worth 3,500, the same as Adult and Teen wants?

In this case the 1,500 one is the want to be friends with a playable teen (Keith Cormier) whereas the want to be friends with a townie child (Thomas Hewitt) is worth the full 3,500 points.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#27562 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 6:17 PM
I reinstalled the game, don't ask for a good reason, it's a long and stupid story. Anyway, I thought It might be a good idea to run the Hoodchecker on all neighborhoods after I linked them to unis, etc. before I start any game.
This time, I picked Veronaville and placed the Newson family to play. It sounded like a nice idea to have a teenager family especially with all the other Romeo/Juliet sims drama present.

Anyway, something is borked.

Ginger can't propery interact with the toddlers. None of the "Teach to.. interactions or any others are available for her. She also gets stuck all the time, circling in one spot (quarter circles left and right). She also can't eat.

What can I do to fix this?
Thanks!
Mad Poster
#27563 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 6:57 PM
You need to turn on debug mode and post the error log.
Theorist
#27564 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 8:50 PM
Something is just so different between the Sims 2 and Sims 3 camera, but I could never use words to describe what exactly is different so much.

Has anyone made a camera mod to have the camera behave a bit more like Sims 3 one?
Top Secret Researcher
#27565 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Ginger can't propery interact with the toddlers. None of the "Teach to.. interactions or any others are available for her. She also gets stuck all the time, circling in one spot (quarter circles left and right). She also can't eat.

That household comes preborked, in my experience, fresh from the bin. I've had them being unable to go to school, or interact normally between them, I don't know whether it's the same issue.
Most of it is usually solved for me by moving them out and then back in, you could back up your neighbourhood and then try that.
Top Secret Researcher
#27566 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You need to turn on debug mode and post the error log.

I tried the pre-borked theory and it also happens with a newly created sim.

Is this what you meant with the error log? There are lots of those in my log folder that all start like this:

Object id: 142
name: N003_User00370 - Ginger
Stack size: 9
Error: Too many iterations.
Iterations: 100000

Frame 8:
Stack Object id: 638
Stack Object name: Upper Bunk - Malm - E - Head
Node: 4
Tree: id 8238 name 'Get in Temp 0 - Section - Foot' version 1
from BedGlobals
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals:
Frame 7:
Stack Object id: 638
Stack Object name: Upper Bunk - Malm - E - Head
Node: 2
Tree: id 8239 name 'Get in Temp 0 - Occupant - Foot Slot' version 9
from BedGlobals
Prim state: 0
Params: 0 Locals:

The objects are all the bunk bed malm. Is there a problem with bunk beds in sims2? I don't think she tried using it but it is on the lot.

https://modthesims.info/d/577087/ik...s-and-more.html

Thanks!
Mad Poster
#27567 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 10:27 PM
Yeah, looks like that bed might be broken.
Top Secret Researcher
#27568 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 11:07 PM
Is it possible to reach the top of a career without learning skills or making friends? Like purely through chance cards? Might be an interesting challenge. Or are there some levels where those type of chance cards don't exist and will never come up?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#27569 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 12:35 AM
Each level has one chance card, which may or may not actually have a possibility of promotion. You'll have to look them all up on the wiki if you want to know if there is a career where every chance card can give a promotion, but I doubt it.
Alchemist
#27570 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 12:59 AM
AndrewGloria, not sure I've ever noticed the difference in wants. Is it still that way without mods/cc?

@310175, for the Newsons, a couple of things. First, the bunk beds. In my experience, bunk beds are buggy and that's why I don't use them. But all beds will cause jump bug errors if you've ever put them inventory. Not sure how likely that is for you, but mentioning it just in case. If you've ever put the bed in inventory, delete it and buy it again. Otherwise, do report the error in the download thread. Try to replicate the error in a clean/no cc setting, too, and attach the error log when you report the problem. (It'll have similar info to what you posted; it'll be in your The Sims 2/Logs folder.) Michelle is still active in the community so she'll want to know if something is wrong with the download.

Next, about teaching skills, that's most likely because of relationship. Try increasing Ginger's relationship with Georgia and Garrett and she should be able to teach them.

@Pideli yes, it's entirely possible in a vanilla set up, but not just through chance cards--also have your sims network. Sometimes a networking reward will result in a promotion. I've had a couple of socialite sims reach the top of their career--or like level 8 or 9--without skilling at all. Don't forget outings can reward sims with skill points, too. So go ahead and skip the skilling, but I wouldn't skip making friends.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#27571 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 2:34 AM
I'm building apartments, do I put the batbox, visitor controller and sim manipulator in EACH apartment or is one in the common area ok?

Since a sim has to spawn ACR I assume it's ok for one of those in each apartment.

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
#27572 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 2:38 AM
Thanks, @Phantomknight and @kestrellyn.
So I know where to start trying to fix things.
Lab Assistant
#27573 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 3:26 AM Last edited by lizard49 : 12th Jul 2021 at 3:47 AM.
My Sim picked up her newborn out of his crib & cuddled him. The usual menu of interactions appeared, "Play with the baby," "Get bottle for baby," etc. & a weird new one, "Buy off with $50!" Has anybody seen this before? I didn't dare click on it.
Top Secret Researcher
#27574 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 3:30 AM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 12th Jul 2021 at 3:53 AM.
I'm building apartments, do I put the batbox, visitor controller and sim manipulator in EACH apartment or is one in the common area ok?

Since a sim has to spawn ACR I assume it's ok for one of those in each apartment.

I put the batbox, visitor controller and sim manipulator in the common area and put the lot in the lot bin, made a test hood, placed the apartments and put in the Goodie's. I had one error pretty quickly but I hit reset and played a day just fine. Then remembered I hadn't spawned ACR in the apartment, so I did that. And put another Sim, Julien Cooke, into one of the other apartments, spawned ACR in his apartment and played him a day just fine. Pic of the error.

Edit: The log mentions make rod humble and I have a hack to prevent him I also saw the object error (same thing log wise) from earlier today (another lot) and then remembered I had had boolprop on in CAS and I might have forgotten to turn it off. Not sure. I did remember to turn it off just in case before I exited the game but that might explain the error.
Screenshots

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#27575 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 3:54 AM

I don't use ACR, but I have a Visitor Controller and SimBlender in the common area of an apartment building. You have to set the Controller for each apartment separately, though; you can't just ban mail delivery once and have it apply to all households (unless you can do it when you're setting the lot up, maybe; I haven't tried that).
Page 1103 of 1345