Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Replies: 122 (Who?), Viewed: 66345 times.
Page 4 of 5
Scholar
#76 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 6:45 AM
Eather I heard wrong or has awesomemod been updated for LN and BG patch 1.17 already? or still waiting it? Cause I been checking the site and I see no updates for LN yet. So just confirming this to myself.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 6:57 AM
Awesomemod hasn't been updated for the latest patch yet but there's a test version for download.
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 2:56 AM
I say if you want to try it out, try it out. If you don't like it, just take it out. Just make sure to have the most updated version for your game and to have your game patched. And read everything!

Personally I can't live without it. I hate when I have to take it out of the game to troubleshoot problems. I vowed not to buy the new EP until AM was updated, but then I couldn't help it and got the game anyways and am just playing with the test versions that come out now. I had also vowed never to try a test version. LOL.

So I'd say to anybody who's interested in getting it, it doesn't hurt to try it. It is indeed awesome. But if you don't like it, then that's you, and you don't have to use it.
Test Subject
#79 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:32 PM
Where can i download the test version? or how? i dont see any files at moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/test/

WRYYYY
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:35 PM
^probably because the official version is already out.
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:56 PM
Yes. Official update of AM was released yesterday.
Alchemist
#82 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 6:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoehead
If you have saved a game while using AM, your save will be forever tied to AM.


And that is what's causing me a little panic right now. I've been using AM but if I decide to take it out someday, how can I do that without losing my sim family? Do they work if I pack them with their house into a Sims3Pack file? I mean, people do share their sims, you know.

I wish I had seen warning of this before I decided to download. I do usually read everything very carefully and did so before downloading but could that little piece of information slipped past my eyes somehow?

I do love AM but the bottom line is: how to safe my family if I decide to stop using it?

I stand with Ukraine!

Sorceress Supreme - Shadow City
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 6:16 PM
Pescado has posted a couple times on MATY about a command to enter into the command line that removes all Awesome ties from your current save so you can uninstall AM without loosing everything. Don't remember what the command is exactly or how well it works, but a search on MATY would get the command at least.
Alchemist
#84 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 7:17 PM
Well, it took a bit of searching but I found the comman line. It's just a plain "uninstal". Thank you for nudging me into right direction. Still, it would be good to place a warning of this to the AM dowload page because currently there isn't one. A few minutes ago I even re-read the rmf file that comes with the AM and it's not mentioned there either. It should be. It might make players consider about downloading or not a bit more. It certainly would have made me seriously rethink about it. For now, I'm gonna keep using this mod, though.

I stand with Ukraine!

Sorceress Supreme - Shadow City
Forum Resident
#85 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 7:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varpunen
It certainly would have made me seriously rethink about it.


I agree that the need to type 'uninstall' before removing it should be mentioned, but would you really not have installed a mod you liked the look of because to remove it you have to type uninstall?? How do you cope with expansion packs?
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#86 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 7:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varpunen
I do love AM but the bottom line is: how to safe my family if I decide to stop using it?
Your sims should be pretty safe already, so there's probably no reason to save them anyway. I have loaded AM-savegames without AM installed quite a few times and never ran into any problems. When I'm about to remove AM from the game, I wouldn't exactly save the game with Supreme Commander running or anything like that, though. On the other hand, I didn't bother to remove the Radar traits before I installed the current patch and the savegame still loads fine.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Alchemist
#87 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 8:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCarey
I agree that the need to type 'uninstall' before removing it should be mentioned, but would you really not have installed a mod you liked the look of because to remove it you have to type uninstall?? How do you cope with expansion packs?


I have absolutely no problem of having to type that. I only would have wanted to know beforehand that it will affect saved games, unlike in sims 2 and what the solution for removing it is, in case I need to do that. I want to be prepared to avoid problems and I want to have all the info about something that will affect the whole game, that's all. Now it was like buying some high-tech gadget without getting a proper manual how to use it.

Cope with EP's? There's no need to uninstal AM when installing a new EP. You just replace AM with the updated AM. Otherwise I would have found out about affected saved games a long time ago.


Buzzler: Good to know.

I stand with Ukraine!

Sorceress Supreme - Shadow City
Theorist
#88 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 9:03 PM
I've done what Buzzler has done MANY times - installing and removing AM from saved games. I've seen people on MATY say doing that causes a BFBVFS, but that hasn't been my experience.

Resident wet blanket.
Alchemist
#89 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 9:11 PM
That's good to know too. I guess I was worried because I have already had so much trouble with random crashing and saving errors 12 and 16. I just do not want to lose the family after all the work I've done so far to keep them safe.

I stand with Ukraine!

Sorceress Supreme - Shadow City
Test Subject
#90 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 12:34 AM
My problem with awesome mod is: You have to get a new mod regularly, and the new mod works only with the newest update of the game. You cannot work with older verion of game and older version of awesome.

I posted a thread in the awesome forum and all were VERY nice to me (you understand).

Awesome is a genious peace of programming art (in a matter of speaking), however, it has some side effects.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 1:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyS28
My problem with awesome mod is: You have to get a new mod regularly, and the new mod works only with the newest update of the game. You cannot work with older verion of game and older version of awesome.
That's why it's a good idea to patch. Why wouldn't you want to?

My opinions may be uninformed BS, but at least I've thought about my uninformed BS.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 10:57 AM
The biggest problem with AM is "the Highlander rule". Pescado's TS2 mods ranged from critical bug fixes (ofbfixes) to neat features (bathroom uses you) to "fixes" for Pescado's personal pet peeves (BFFs are for 12s) you may or may not share.

Now it's all rolled into one huge mod. You can opt out of some stuff that falls in categories 2) and 3) but not all of it (Personally I like my games as close to the unmodded state as possible, until I get REALLY bored). But, if you can live with it, the mod is, indeed, awesome.
Top Secret Researcher
#93 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 3:07 PM
Not quite true. You can use Awesome Configuration Tool to adjust AM to your liking. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...some/config.php
transmogrified
retired moderator
#94 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 3:36 PM
Nalia, there are some features of awesomemod that are not configurable. At least, that's the way it was when I was using the Awesome. For instance, it makes all meals the Sim knows how to prepare available regardless of time of day. Not an overwhelming change, but -- like ac220 -- I prefer to play the game as coded by EA except when I don't prefer to play the game as coded by EA. The a la carte options of Pescado's TS2 mods made this possible; Awesomemod cannot.
Instructor
#95 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 4:01 PM
I am sorry mangaroo but that is a arbitrary decision were a Sim is prevented from being able to cook because its not breakfast/lunch/dinner time, the only reasoning I see for that is to prevent UI clutter.

Its another half-assed EA "feature".
transmogrified
retired moderator
#96 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 4:17 PM
Drakron, no apology is necessary. My point is that I prefer the EA way, and I'm certainly not apologizing for it. Restrictions make the game more interesting to me.
Theorist
#97 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 4:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakron
I am sorry mangaroo but that is a arbitrary decision were a Sim is prevented from being able to cook because its not breakfast/lunch/dinner time, the only reasoning I see for that is to prevent UI clutter.

Its another half-assed EA "feature".
I disagree. I don't think it's arbitrary at all but deliberately included. It helps flesh out the game world and creates the sense that time is passing.

Does that make sense? I don't really have the right words to describe it but something similar is the long flight path times in WoW. The developers intentionally made them that long to add to the feeling that the world is immense.
Forum Resident
#98 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 7:29 PM
There is a much better alternative to awesomemod. Twallan has several mods like The MasterController and Story Progression that do much more and much better. The Highlander rule does not apply because they are not core mods. In edition to that Twallan is very supportive and willing to answer questions without treating you like dirt. The core group of people at More Awewome Than You site seem to enjoy humiliating people. I for one don't need the abuse.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#99 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 8:17 PM
There are some things, bugfixes and whatnot, that Awesomemod does that non-core mods don't do. I love the heck out of Master Controller and the rest of Twallan's mods (and no longer use Awesomemod), but there are some annoyances that aren't fixed by Nraas stuff, unfortunately. Values of gems changing when travelling to/from a vacation world, or losing items in inventory when travelling come to mind.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#100 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 9:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
There are some things, bugfixes and whatnot, that Awesomemod does that non-core mods don't do. I love the heck out of Master Controller and the rest of Twallan's mods (and no longer use Awesomemod), but there are some annoyances that aren't fixed by Nraas stuff, unfortunately. Values of gems changing when travelling to/from a vacation world, or losing items in inventory when travelling come to mind.


The treasure box. I loves me the treasure box here for that reason alone. I get something new, like a perfect life fruit or a new gem and I slap that baby in the treasure box. It works wonders. (Unless you mean traveling home, as I've never had that bug, luckily).

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Page 4 of 5
Back to top